Welcome to Rethymno and Villa Krios, a wonderful villa, built with traditional materials, in a place of absolute peace, among oaks and olive trees, in a harmonious relationship of natural and living conditions. A spacious and comfortable Villa, with incredible views and a feeling of total freedom! Just relax, enjoy the quiet, the chirping of birds, the private pool, read the books that you missed, reunite with distant friends, cook, play music, have fun.
Located in a prime location, in Mesonisia area, the villa is oriented east and south, with two large terraces overlooking mount Psiloreitis and Kendros, with dense vegetation and thousands of songbirds, this villa is the absolute destination for both a relaxing and energetic holiday close to nature!
Also, they will show you the famous Cretan hospitality by offering you a very warn welcome with a traditional homemade specialty! To make things even better, a small taverna, just for the guests of Villa, will operate inside the property fields, so you can have fresh, homemade meals every day, if you wish!
Villa Krios is a two storey building, with 5 bedrooms which can accommodate 10 people. On the first floor there are the other three bedrooms, opening to a balcony and a patio with mountain, garden and pool views. Each room has its own private bathroom and terrace.
On the ground floor there are two of the bedrooms, living room area with an open fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen with a large countertop and the dining area.
Doors lead to the private 45 m2 swimming pool 1.5 meters deep, which has a special children's section 0.5 meters deep, sun beds, umbrellas and an outdoor shower. Sheltered BBQ facilities with bench seating, wood oven, charcoal and gas grill barbecue. Comfortable parking with natural shading. A spacious garden with grassy areas and natural shading (holly, olives).
- Welcome basket included, courtesy of the owner.
- Housekeeping, towels and linen changes twice a week.
- Pool and garden cleaning daily.
- Baby cot and high chair available.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and living room area is included.
- Complimentary free Wi-Fi coverage is available throughout the villa.
- All in-house electronics are available, including a washing machine, dishwasher, flat-screen TV with satellite reception, CD and DVD players, large fridge with freezer, electric stove, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, juice maker iron and iron board.
- 24h/7days ThinkVilla concierge service included.
The owners of Villa Krios have created this ecotourism unit based on the value of the place and the philosophy of its people, in modern facilities, which will offer you a unique experience and help you discover the natural advantages and beauty of the mountainous Rethymnon, through a wide variety of activities!
Hiking: Choose among many pathways in the mountains and go hiking or walking (alone or with a guide). Right next to the villa, there is a path leading to Zeus mountain shelter, which is located at an altitude of 940 meters. Built entirely of local stone in a magical point breathtaking. Designed for your support in mountaineering activities and tours, the shelter offers acquaintance with the flora and fauna of the area and a great resting place. By your staying in this beautiful villa and by making alternative use of the magnificent mountain shelter, you can feel the magic offered by the mountainous Crete and live an indelible experience as those to who you always return.
Horse riding and bikes are available in Villa Krios for you and your kids, giving you the chance to better explore the area!
Further activities upon request and depending on the season :
- Observation of the local flora and fauna. Don’t miss the chance to see the unique plateau of Ious.
- Cooking and baking classes: Learn to cook any Cretan recipe and make bread in the wood oven.
- Visit or participate in the making process of local traditional products such as wine, Raki and cheese and various Organic Agriculture processes.
Weaving Lessons : Learn how to use a traditional loom and create your own piece.
- Cretan dancing lessons : Learn Cretan traditional dances upon request.
Please, do not hesitate to ask us about any details you may need or about any other activities you may be interested in!
EOT (Ellinikos Organismos Tourismou - issued by the Greek tourist board) licence number: 1041K91002905801.