• Contemporary style brand-new eco-retreat designed for simplicity and sensation.
• Fully off-grid – all your needs catered for onsite, from rainwater collection, solar power, wood burner and worm-powered waste treatment system.
• Nestled on 10 hectares of protected native bush under conservation covenant.
• Views across Little Bay, northern Coromandel peninsula to Great Barrier Island
• All day sunshine, North facing, 180 degree valley and ocean views.
• Lie in bed and watch the morning light over the water, both double bedrooms have sea views.
• Be amidst the trees with the tuis, woodpigeons, and bellbirds. Hear kaka fly overhead on their route to Mt Moehau.
• Two sandy beaches to choose from in close proximity; enjoy exploring tranquil Little Bay or beach comb the lovely the white sandy Waikawau surf beach.
• Ideally placed to explore and day trip up to the top of the peninsula, west to Port Jackson and north-east to Stony Bay.
• Learn about our off-grid power and waste systems and enjoy greater connection to the natural elements that provide for your comfort during your stay.
Comprehensive, informative and interesting on-site owner notes for those new to the world of solar power and passive energy.
No need to worry about power cuts! And a local Property Manager also nearby to assist should you need.
PDF FAQ on request re: Solar Power usage - what's hot and what's not to use.
Keeping in touch: Vodaphone connection is excellent and Telecom network can be patchy.
There is no TV but you can bring laptop/dvds. Stereo has an SD card and a USB port for music as well as cd/radio.
Petrol and Provisions - no shops out this way. The kitchen pantry is well stocked with basics and set up and equipped for safe-catering. Eco friendly cleaning goods also on site and are preferred. Over the summer season there is a camp store at the DOC Campground - 3 km drive from the bach. Otherwise it's back to Colville Store or Coromandel Town to stock up.
Non-refundable booking/letting fee applies from $30 + gst
All credit card payments will incur a transaction fee of 3%
*2 night minimum stay
**Negotiable cleaning fee applies or visitors to clean andamp; tidy bach on departure.
***Peak rates apply to all public andamp; school holidays
Sorry no dogs - this location is zoned Kiwi Conservation.