Breathtaking Post & Beam on 27 Acres, Views, Amazing Treehouse, Near Ski Areas
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Beautiful home and view-filled property, private end of the road location yet 5 minutes to town and 15 minutes to Sugarbush and Mad River Glen. Perfect for family reunions or a gathering of friends, sleeps 12-14. This gorgeous 5 BR home features oak pegged timber frame architecture, cherry hardwood floors inlaid with ash and maple, and spectacular mountain views. It is sited on a private 27 acre farm, with no other house in sight, in the heart of the Valley’s pastoral farm country. The home is tastefully decorated and boasts a layout ideally suited for groups traveling together: an upper bedroom level featuring two luxurious master bedrooms with cathedral ceilings and a glass and tile bath; a living level with an open floor plan comprised of two separate sitting/entertainment areas, dining area, fully equipped kitchen and marble-topped woodstove; and a lower family level with three bedrooms, mosaic-tiled bath, mini kitchen, and common room. HUGE innovative multi-level treehouse pavilion with entertainment deck and sleeping loft.
There are numerous amenities including a large mudroom, several flat screen TVs with DVD players (internet TV service), and an office with printer, fax, wireless high speed internet, and five-bar cell service (carrier-dependent). The beautiful property, located at the end of a private road, features a large deck with panoramic views, expansive lawns, stone walls, perennial gardens and flowering trees, an organic vegetable and herb garden, firepit, blackberry patches, an A++ sledding hill and a sparkling stream. Also on the property is a fully-equipped equestrian facility with a run-in post and beam barn, several acres of grass fields, and 60’ round pen/riding arena. Well behaved dogs considered on a case by case basis, with additional deposit. Can be easily equipped with a crib with advance notice.
More about the house: This home is a perfect Vermont escape –you could enjoy your entire vacation simply relaxing on the deck, in the gardens, hiking around the property and surrounding landscape, or starwatching around the fire, listening to owls, moose calls and watching fireflies. It is also the perfect “home base” for those who want to explore all that the Mad River Valley has to offer. While extremely private, at the end of a private road with woods and farmland around, it is also only 5 minutes to downtown Waitsfield and 15 minutes to the Valley’s ski areas. The house is very spacious and intelligently laid out, equally comfortable for a couple or a large group of up to 14. Not in any way a sardine can “ski house”, there are ample bedroom and common spaces for everyone. For families traveling together, there are many possible configurations – each family can take a level and share the middle entertainment level, or the kids can have a “kid zone”, allowing the adults some quiet on the upper floors.
More about the Mad River Valley: On 27 picturesque acres surrounded by farmland, woods and trails, this property offers the ultimate in privacy and yet is only minutes from skiing, historic villages and other Mad River Valley activities. The Valley is known as a 'haven' for its 'scenic rural landscape and peaceful way of life' (The New York Times). While its legendary skiing on three mountains and extensive network of VAST snowmobiling and cross country trails attracts winter sports enthusiasts, unlike many other ski resorts the Valley is surprisingly free of crowds. Its pristine countryside and progressive community makes it a wonderful destination for everyone who after their first visit falls in love with its fresh air, natural beauty, and organic spirit. Summers offer arts festivals, farmers markets and a legendary 4th of July parade; kayaking, fishing and swimming in the beautiful Mad River; antiquing, shopping and dining on exquisite locally-grown fare as well as a myriad of activities from golfing to gliding.
Lots to Do in Summer: Set along historic scenic Route 100, the Mad River Valley is among the most beautiful places in the world. Driving tours are always full of beautiful scenery, as well as wonderfully unique and fun stops along the way. Hike the Long Trail, or the beautiful Mad River Path. Take a biking tour around the Valley roads or mountain bike its challenging mountain trails. See the views from horseback (Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm), a glider (glider rides at Sugarbush airport), or from an 800 foot zipline (Sugarbush Summer Recreation Center). In the summer, come for an afternoon dip in the Mad River's many swimming holes or a relaxing floats down river in tubes. In the spring, kayakers take on the river, and year round fishermen enjoy the brook, rainbow and brown trout fishing it provides. The kids will enjoy trips to the many attractions in the surrounding area such as Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, Shelburne Farms, Morse Maple Sugar Farm, or the Echo Museum.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- The master bedroom level includes two master bedrooms, both with sunny southern exposures and stunning views, cathedral ceilings, and post and beam details. The first master has a king bed, walk in closet, and an office area equipped with printer. The second master is a queen bedroom, with a suede chaise couch perfect for curling up with a good book, writing table and rocking chair. The family lower level features a bedroom with lovely sunny décor with two full sized quilted iron beds, dresser and antique nightstand. A bunk room contains two bunk beds with denim comforters, writing table and large dresser, and a third bedroom contains a queen sofabed (very comfortable!) and TV with DVD player. When the bed is folded up, this room can double as an additional family/TV room....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The master bath features cathedral ceilings, post and beam details, and gorgeous long southern views and sunny exposures, which can be enjoyed from the sumptuous deep soaking tub or glass-tiled shower with tempered glass enclosure. It also includes an LG front loading washer and dryer. The family level bath has a large, 4x4 mosaic-tiled shower with mahogany bench and iridescent glass accents, and is located near the utility room which has its own full capacity washer and dryer, ironing board and iron. The half bath on the main level is tastefully done with a pedestal sink and mosaic tile floor....moreless
- The entry of the house leads to a large tiled mudroom with ample hooks and storage for skis and boots. Bikes and other equipment can also be stored in the two-car detached garage. The tastefully decorated living level features an open floor plan, mountain views, and patio doors leading to a large deck with BBQ and outdoor eating areas. The main level kitchen features gas stove with six simmer burners, ample birch cabinetry and eating island fully stocked with stainless steel pots and pans, pottery and glass dishes, and cooking appliances to satisfy every gourmet’s dreams. A cozy seating area surrounds the marble-topped woodstove on a slate hearth with ample wood supplies. The dining area features a large oak farm table; the living area has a leather sofa and loveseat, flat screen TV and DVD player. The lower family level also includes a fully equipped birch mini-kitchen with custom slate backsplash and butcher block counters and adjacent common room and seating area....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Water Tubing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Mini Refrigerator
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 16 - Sep 1, 2016
7 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Labor Day Weekend
Sep 2 - Sep 4, 2016
3 night min stay
Sep 5 - Oct 31, 2016
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Columbus Day Weekend
Oct 7 - Oct 9, 2016
3 night min stay
Dec 19 - Dec 25, 2016
7 night min stay
New Years Week 2016
Dec 26 - Jan 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning fee $150 + tax
- Tax Rate 9%
Cleaning fee $150-$200 depending on group size and dates. Call ahead to confirm rental rates depending on dates of travel, group size, etc. Holiday rates will be higher and should be quoted by owner.
9% Vermont lodging tax applies to all rentals less than 30 days
Refundable security deposit $500
50% plus deposit with rental contract; balance due 6 weeks prior to start of rental
Balance 6 weeks prior to beginning of stay
No refunds for cancellations will be granted except at discretion of owner
Cleaning fee $150-$200 depending on group size, holiday, etc
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other Activities: Miles of beautiful mountain bike and walking trails out the back door; enjoy tubing, kayaking, swimming in the Mad River; three ski areas minutes away
Golf: A wonderful way to experience the natural beauty of the Vermont landscape is to play golf on one of its top-rated courses. With breathtaking views at every hole, you will be treated to a truly unforgettable golf experience. Choose from Sugarbush’s own Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course, or any of a number of nationally renowned courses in the surrounding area.
Ski: Called 'the Aspen of the East' (The New York Times,) the Mad River Valley claims 'the most widely varied ski terrain east of the Rockies”. Miles of legendary ski and ride terrain spill from its three interconnected mountain areas; over 150 trails, 2,600 feet of vertical and over 2,500 acres of wilderness terrain translate into adventure for all abilities. With a new 45,000 square-foot lodge bringing 'Western-style luxury' (The Boston Globe) to Sugarbush Resort, the area is at once luxurious and down-to-earth, offering every type of Vermont skiing experience. Mad River Glen (“Ski it if you can!”), with the last surviving diesel-powered single chair in North America, is famed for its outstanding back woods terrain, and is a mecca for telemark skiers. Cross country skiers and snowmobilers will enjoy the extensive VAST trails; try the Mad River Rocket for a truly unique sledding experience.
- Primary: +1 2032160400
Links to more information:
Sunset at Stony Hill Farm
Open floor plan on main level
Two master bedrooms, three family bedrooms
Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove
Relax, dine, or snooze in our amazing treehouse pavilion!
Family level with dedicated mini-kitchen
Gardens abound year round
Three sitting areas, two dining areas for gatherings of family and friends
Two master bedrooms, three family bedrooms
Kids love our treehouse sleeping loft
Our beautiful Valley
Blackberry season -- feed an army from our backyard!
Post and beam architecture
Relax at one of many deep pools on the Mad River
Bring your dog (with advance permission)
Barn and fields keep horses happy!
Relax with gardens and views
Moon and star watching over our mountain
Walk the 27 acre property and take in views from many angles
Long southern views
Three luxurious bathrooms
Our amazing treehouse is accessible to adventurers of all ages!
Lots of fun to be had for kids of all ages!
Pastures surround our property
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time Within a few hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 08/08/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.