"Art Lovers Dream”“Perfect Casita!”“Perfect Location”“Sacred Space"
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Hello and welcome to Casa Estrella, our Santa Fe home. The comments in the Headline above are excerpts from what our guests are saying about Casa Estrella, a lovingly-restored historic adobe surrounded by walled gardens at the end of a private lane in the heart of Santa Fe’s Historic District. We are pleased to be able to share our casita with discriminating, like-minded adults and are confident you will thoroughly enjoy your stay in our home.
SPECIAL NOTE: Please read the 94+ other reviews by scrolling down from our picture and below "About Ed Lanford and Marilyn Burgess" to "Guest comments from the Manager." These are comments from notes left in our Guestbook, emails, and cards "love letters" and watercolors from our guests.
Casa Estrella is only 0.4 miles or an eight minute walk to Lower Canyon Road, the epicenter of Santa Fe's finest galleries and restaurants. Stroll to the La Fonda Plaza in fifteen minutes or so (0.8 miles). Explore four world class museums and a botanical garden on Museum Hill within 1.3 miles. The Santa Fe Opera is less than six miles away and SkiSantaFe is only 16 miles. The Railyard arts and entertainment district is minutes from the casita.
This authentic casita has been totally redone and has been filled with new and antique furnishings and stainless steel appliances in a contemporary New Mexico style. There are double-adobe walls, 9' beamed ceilings, hand-troweled, diamond plaster walls, skylights, wide-plank pine and white oak floors, and Saltillo tile throughout the casita. The casita is 1250 s.f. in size and sits on almost a quarter of an acre.
Warm yourself by the kiva fireplace in the living room on chilly Santa Fe nights. Enjoy a gourmet-equipped kitchen, with a dining table seating up to six. The two lovely bedrooms include a master suite with a California King bed, en-suite dressing area and bath with heated floors, a top-of-the-line Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe mattress, and two each of down, Fibrefill and Tempurpedic pillows, and comfy spa linens. As of November 2015, all spa linens and two down pillows and two Fiberfill in each bedroom are new. There are new towels in the master bath as well.
The guest bedroom has a King bed with a memory foam mattress topper, down, Fiberfill and Tempurpedic pillows (two of each). The guest bathroom is a modest shower bath suitable for one person at a time to do their daily ablutions.
The fully-equipped kitchen is roomy and light-filled with Saltillo tile floors and natural wood finishes. French doors in the kitchen lead to a ramada-shaded outdoor dining area and our extensive garden areas. There is a full-size stacking washer/dryer in the utility area.
Casa Estrella is filled with original signed Native American and Southwestern art and is surrounded by lovely garden areas on four sides. Original artwork fills the oasita with original paintings and signed proofs by Nocona Burgess, Stan Natchez, Malcolm Furlow, John Nieto, Frank Howell, photographic work by Lenny Foster and Abby Beck, sculpture by Bill Worrell, Rebecca Tobey, Alvin John, Sandy Graves, Paul Rhymer, Susan Harvey, Star York, Jim Epler, Earl Eder and glass work by Carol Lujan..
Relax to the sounds of our 'Valentine's' natural rock fountain or our Stone Forest millstone fountain. In the gardens, Find “Sanctuary” and'Freedom,' original sculptures by renowned artist Bill Worrell, other sculptures by Paul Rhymer, Alvin and Melvin John, and Chris Turri. The landscaping is softly illuminated for truly enchanting Santa Fe evenings and professionally maintained.
In the Winter/Spring of 2014/2015, we are making major landscape improvements in our already gorgeous gardens. We are adding additional native aspen trees and improving our floral color to begin earlier in spring extending later into fall. There will be a beautiful progression of more color throughout each growing season for our enjoyment and that of our guests.
Our goal is to keep our casita and gardens spotlessly clean and ever-changing for the year-round delight and excitement of our guests and ourselves.
The casita has DirectTV, free streaming Netflix movies through two new 40" Samsung SmartTVs, high-speed wifi, a Bose SoundWave CD player with an iPhone/iPod adapter and a DVD player.
The gardens are perfect for romantic evenings for two, entertaining outdoors or the solitude a quiet garden can provide. Within the privacy of adobe and coyote walls are three garden areas. The coffee/cocktail garden is shaded by a large plum and a mature Russian olive tree. A cocktail table, seating for four, two zero-gravity lounge chairs and a chimenea with plenty of firewood are provided for our guests’ pleasure. Enjoy meals, cocktails and conversation around the dining table for six in the shade of a ramada in another area of the gardens. The front portal offers day-long shade from our own Piñon pine and refuge during Santa Fe monsoon rains and winter snow showers.
In season, savor fruit from the casita’s apple, apricot, peach and plum trees or make a cobbler. In addition to these fruit trees and the Russian olive, we have a flowering cherry, a dwarf blue spruce, a Scotch Pine, pinon, desert willow, and numerous aspen trees. These are all large, mature trees. There is a big cottonwood in our neighbor's garden that shades our ramada dining area in the mornings and early afternoons.
The house and gardens are completely private and enclosed by adobe walls and coyote fences. Aspen trees line the drive along the casita’s outer wall. During the season, the gardens and landscaping are lush and are professionally maintained year-round. For your time indoors, the casita is cooled with remote-controlled air conditioners and heated by radiant in-floor and baseboard systems.
This very popular property is perfect for romantic escapes, “girlfriend getaways,” art and museum jaunts, outdoor adventures or all combined. Casa Estrella is best suited for one or two couples! We have strict No Smoking and No Pets policies. The casita has several heavy metal sculptures that have sharp edges and points and also two low fountains that might pose as safety hazards to your little ones. Therefore, the property may not be suitable for 'small children' or toddler appropriate.
We own another home, Casa Grande, which is a beautiful four bedroom four bath adobe on almost a half acre. Casa Estrella and Casa Grande are only a 350 yard walk from one another and can be rented together, schedules permitting, for larger families and groups. The combination provides six bedrooms, five and one half baths, sleeping for 12 in six king and queen beds.
For information and reviews of other restaurants and destinations which we do or didn’t like, scroll down in VRBO below the "LOCATION" map and below the list starting with Downtown Subscription and Plaza Cafe. Click on "View Guide powered by gogobot." This will give you our touts, recommendations, opinions and experience with quite a few options. Please try both the "Grid" and the "Map" view to see which is easier for you to navigate and a better format for your needs.
Plan now for the following summer events:
Santa FE Bandstand Runs July 7th-August 28th
Santa Fe International Folk Art Market July 10th-12th
Santa Fe Opera July 3rd-August 29th
Santa Fe Wine Festival July 4th-5th
New Mexico Jazz Festival July 11th-27th
Traditional Spanish Art Market July 25th-26th
Girls Inc. Arts and Crafts Show August 1st-2nd
Santa Fe Indian Market August 22nd-23rd
Objects of Art Santa Fe August 13th-15th
Santa Fe Renaissance Fair
Santa Fe Concorso September 25-27
Santa Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta September 23-27
Casa Estrella has a current City of Santa Fe Short Term Rental Permit #130699 and a Santa Fe Business License #130755.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 1250 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
There are tub rails in master bathroom. There are no steps from the parking area to the rear entry of the house or within the house. There are two steps from the front patio to the front porch, but these can be avoided by entering through the rear....moreless
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1) Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe California King in master bedroom. King bed in guest bedroom with a plush mattress topper. Six pillows: two new down, two Tempurpedic, and two new Fiberfill pillows with Claritin "Ultimate Allergen Protector Barrier" Pillow Protectors in each bedroom. Guests rave about the comfort of the beds. Each bed has fabulous spa sheets that are softer than high thread count Egyptian cotton. One guest with chronic back pain said his nights at Casa Estrella were the first nights he had slept without back pain in years. He bought the same bed for his home when he returned. Although we do not feel the need for it, we have a hotel-style safe for guests in the master closet for their convenience and peace of mind. It can be operated with a unique PIN or with the swipe of any magnetic card belonging to the guest. There is also a portable humidifier in the master closet....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Security system with remote arm/disarm key fob. Signed Native American art throughout by Bill Worrell, Malcolm Furlow, John Nieto, Frank Howell, Nocona Burgess, Sandy Graves, Chris Turri, Susan M. Harvey, Earl Eder, Alvin John, Rebecca Tobey, and Lenny Foster. Bali top-down, bottom-up shades, LED candles throughout. track lighting w/dimmers. emergency flashlight. weather station, Natura bath products. four bathrobes, hair dryers and lighted magnifying make-up mirrors, landscape lighting, There is a backpack and umbrella for guest use. 1½ blocks to Canyon Road, 6-1/2 blocks to Plaza, ½ block to Downtown Subscription, a newstand/bookstore/internet café, 2½ Blocks to Kaune’s Foodtown historic grocery (They deliver!), 4 Blocks to La Posada de Santa Fe Spa and Fitness Center, 1.3 Miles to Museum Hill and four world class museums/Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, Museum of Spanish Colonial Art and the Museum of International Folk Art...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
Satellite / Cable:
DirectTV "Genie" DVRs with 100+ channels including all local stations. Unlimited streaming Netflix 'Movies on Demand.' Access to Amazon, Hulu, and other major content providers. No HBO or Starz....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
New state-of-the-art REMOTE CONTROL Sanyo air conditioning units in each bedroom and the living area. These are unobtrusive 'run-quiet' wall mount units located high on the wall under the beamed ceilings. Ceiling fans in bedrooms....moreless
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
Kiva fireplace in the living room with ample firewood, Duraflame Firestarters, Georgia fatwood, long matches, and gas lighters. There are instructions for starting keep a fire on the hearth....moreless
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
New spa linens for each bedroom, new towels in master bathroom (Nov '15). Two new down and two new Fiberfill pillows in the master bedroom 'Allergen Barrier' pillow covers in both bedrooms (Nov '15)...moreless
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
We offer unlimited domestic long distance and local calls. There are cordless phones in every room. In November 2015, we installed an AT&T MicroCell to boost the 4G-LTE signal for AT&T subscribers....moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Wood Stove:
Kaune’s Foodtown, serving Santa Fe since 1890-something, is just three blocks away. They deliver. In fact, if you go to their website they have menu planning, cooking videos, and so much more. Click on “Recipe Center” and save the ingredients to your shopping bag, and Kaune’s will deliver everything required to cook the meal. They are really terrific people. There are some great caterers in Santa Fe that will cater everything from a cocktail party to a banquet. However, you will have difficulty seating more than six or eight for dinner at Casa Estrella....moreless
We provide a Keurig and a supply of KCups, a French press, a Melitta w/filters, a coffee grinder, and tea kettle for tea and the French press. We keep regular and decaf beans in the freezer....moreless
A full set cooking utensils including a professional quality knife set with built-in sharpener, pots and pans, food processor, blender, slow cooker, corkscrew, Nambe ice bucket and wine chiller,etc....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
There is a new KEURIG Platinum coffee brewer, and we leave a variety of coffee and decaf pods in the carousel for guests. Pots and pans hang from the beamed ceiling on a rack. there is a new Cuisinart food processor, a new slow cooker, a blender a toaster, spice rack and more. The kitchen has Saltillo tile floors, adobe walls, French doors to the patio and lots of natural light. There is a flatware and pottery service for eight indoors and Melamine dishes and flatware for outdoors. All perishables and consumables are removed after each guest departs for the protection of the next arriving guests....moreless
The basics, salt, pepper, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, spice carousel, some condiments, ZipLocks, limited picnic supplies, etc. We have a variety of New Mexican and Southwestern regional cookbooks....moreless
Deck / Patio:
Casa Estrella has four distinct patio/portal porch areas within the adobe-walled and coyote-fenced yard for enjoying the outdoors in all seasons. All garden areas are illuminated by subtle landscape lighting. Plus, there is a separate tree garden across the gravel lane that belongs to the property. The covered front portal (porch) has a southwestern love seat where we like to sit with a glass of New Mexico’s own Gruet Champagne and enjoy a summer rain, light snowfall or the evening sounds of tree frogs. Within the gardens, there is a shaded patio with a glass-top table and four cushioned lounge chairs. This area is perfect for morning coffee or evening cocktails. A chimenea and firewood are located nearby. Another lovely area is the flagstone dining patio shaded by a ramada with seating for six. This patio is near the millstone fountain. The small patio outside the French doors from the kitchen has a gas fire table for enjoying a cup of coffee or breakfast on a sunny morning....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
Lawn / Garden:
Casa Estrella has four different garden areas, each with its own character, landscape and function. Garden areas are shaded at different times by mature trees including apple, peach, apricot and plum...moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Late Summer Getaway
Aug 23 - Sep 3, 2016
4 night min stay
Zozobra & Wine and Chile Fest
Sep 4 - Oct 1, 2016
4 night min stay
Fall Color Change
Oct 2 - Nov 17, 2016
4 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 26, 2016
4 night min stay
Nov 27 - Dec 15, 2016
4 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Exit Cleaning Fee $165 + tax
- Damage Waiver Fee $65 + tax
- Tax Rate 15.313%
(1) Seasonal rates for future years are typically set in the fall/winter prior to the next calendar year, so any reservation made before the next year's rates are posted may be subject to change.
(2) The NM legislature is considering changes to the applicability of sales tax and lodger's tax to short term vacation rentals. Applicable sales and lodger taxes will be added on the rent amount only at the prevailing rates subject to state and local requirements.
(3) The $60 Damage Waiver Fee is not refundable but protects the guest against loss or damage to the property up to $3,000.00.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Casa Estrella, our casita, is located 1-1/2 blocks from Canyon Road, the epicenter of art galleries and fine restaurants in Santa Fe. Canyon Road, the most densely concentrated area of art galleries in the world, boasts almost 100 art galleries along its length. Santa Fe is the second largest art market in the U.S with approximately 250 galleries.
At least five internationally known museums are within 1-1/2 miles of Casa Estrella as is the Plaza and the Palace of the Governors.
Santa Fe has 15 major museums and hosts more than 40 festivals and fiestas annually celebrating everything from wine and chile to jazz and Native American arts enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year.
We are within walking distance of some of the finest restaurants in a city known for its culinary achievements and fine dining. Santa fe has over 250 restaurants and 40 bars and clubs.
Santa Fe supports a vibrant, opera, music, dance, theatre and film scene in numerous wonderful venues.
Historical, archeological and anthropological sites abound in the area including pueblos, cliff dwellings, and petroglyphs, plus a wealth of astounding geologic features and gorgeous vistas.
Snow skiing, white water rafting and kayaking, mountain biking, hiking and other outdoor adventures are just minutes from Casa Estrella.
Santa Fe has been awarded the following:
• First designated UNESCO Creative City
• #1 small city to visit in the U.S. (Conde Nast)
• Top Ten destinations in the world for travel, romance, outdoors, culture, art and food (Conde Nast)
• "one of America's best girlfriend getaways (Travel+Leisure)
• The most artistic city in the U.S. by The Atlantic
• #2 Travel Destination in the Country by Conde Nast 2013
• #2 Favorite Iconic American Street by USA Today 2013
• Top ten food cities
• One of America's coziest cities
• Among the “World’s Best Award” for the eleventh time by Travel + Leisure 2012
• “Top “No. 1 Cultural Destination” by Travel + Leisure 2012
• '#1 for Peace and Quiet' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• '#1 of Top Ten Places to Visit in the Summer Time' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• '#3 City for Art Galleries' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• '#3 Best Weather' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• 'Top Ten Cities for Art Markets' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• 'Top Ten Cities for Performing Arts' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• Top Ten Mountain Biking Town - USA Today 2014
• '4 City for Museums' by Travel + Leisure 2012
• “One of America’s Greenest Cities” by Travel + Leisure 2012
• “6th most popular travel city in North America” by Travel + Leisure
• “Best Food” in 'Best of the Road' for the eleventh time in 2012 - Rand McNally/USA Today
• “Top 13 Romantic Date Destinations 2012” - Redbook
• “No. 1 Cleanest Air” by the American Lung Association
• “Best Towns” 2011 and 2007 - Outside Magazine
• “10 Best Summer Festivals” - Outside Magazine
• “10 Best Bars for Cyclists” - Outside Magazine
• “Best Southwestern Adventures: Mountain Biking” - Outside Magazine
• Silver-level Ride Center (IMBALANCE)
• “Reader's Choice for Best Town Ever: Santa Fe” - Outside Magazine
• “National Treasures” top spot three years running - American Style Magazine
• Top ten international cities for art and architecture (HGTV)
• “The top city in the west to visit for art and architecture”
• “The top farmers market in the West” - HGTV
• “#3 Top 10 Cities for Historic Preservation”
• “Top 3 Hot Spring Getaways” - Forbes Magazine
• “#5 of country's top historic destinations” - US News
• “One of America's top three cities for art galleries and museums” - U.S. Travel Association
• “10 Best Vacation Spots for Traveling Boomers” - Huffington Post
• “#1 place for a Cultural Getaway, for Peace & Quiet” - 2011 Travel+Leisure
• Top ten for “Romantic Escape, Museums/Galleries, Weather, Ethnic Food,
• Fine Dining, and Friendly People” - Travel+Leisure
• “Top 10 travel cities in the U.S” for the 20th consecutive year - Conde Nast
• “Third most popular travel town in the country in 2011 - Conde Nast
• “Second cleanest in the world” - 2011 World Health Organization
• :One of America's Best Cities for Fall Travel” in September 2011 Travel + Leisure
• “One of the Coolest Small Cities in America” - GQ Magazine
• 10 Great places to live (Kiplinger Personal)
Year Purchased: 2008
About: We are both auctioneers and work long hours, so when we travel, we like to do it right. We seek out upscale, interesting hotels, lodges and vacation rentals. We love fresh air, beautiful gardens, and all varieties of nature, climates and cultures and try to discover new, unique and soulful experiences in exciting places. We love good food and are experimenting cooks. We dine in the finest restaurants in each destination and particularly enjoy discovering off-the-beaten-path, hidden, local and out-of-the-way gems. We hate fast food. We are daily walkers and seek out romantic sunsets wherever we are. Marilyn loves the outdoors and is an avid reader. Ed skis, kayaks, scuba dives, and likes to fish although all fish are safe in his presence. We both like southwestern and Native American art, museums and galleries of all types.
Why Historic Eastside, Santa Fe, NM, USA:
When we decided to buy a second vacation home, we considered several of our favorite travel destinations, places to which we seemed to return repeatedly. For exploration, outdoor activities and relaxation, we love the central Oregon coast, Squaw Valley and North Lake Tahoe, Ruidoso and, of course, Santa Fe/Taos. We evaluated each location for which place offered the most romantic, magic, spiritual qualities and in which location would we be happiest spending time long term. What area offered the most varied, yet agreeable climate year around? Where could we experience the greatest intellectual and recreational stimulation? All of a sudden the answer became obvious: Santa Fe. Where else in the U.S. could one find a settlement with 400 years of history blending three distinct cultures, the Native American, the Spanish Colonial and the northern European? What other place has the combined beauty of the arid northern New Mexican desert, the majesty of the Sangre de Christo, Jemez and Ortiz mountains and the lush, fertile ribbon of the Rio Grande? Where else provides the broad range of archeological sites and cultural traditions to enjoy and explore? In what other resort area can a person find any wider array of educational experiences, arts and entertainment such as Museum Hill, the Santa Fe Opera, the Lensic Performing Arts Center, the new Railyard District and a wide variety of performance venues including theatres, playhouses, and an amphitheatre. How can one compare the scope and variety of restaurants, galleries and shops of Santa Fe to any other place? What other city can match the combination of cultural choices and outdoor recreational opportunities offered by the Santa Fe area: sightseeing, snow skiing, kayaking and rafting, mountain biking, water skiing, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, archeological exploration, hot air ballooning and so on? What other city has a wonderful, 100 year-old neighborhood gourmet market and two Whole Foods Markets? NONE!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We bought the very best two bedroom vacation rental on the market, and we looked at many. The location is ideal, and the combination of features offered by this casita makes it unique to the area. It is a restored original “Pueblo Revival' or 'Santa Fe Style' adobe in the Eastside Historic District, the Camino del Monte Sol Historic District and the Garcia Historic District. It is within easy walking distance of the most important destinations along Canyon Road and the downtown plaza area. We found this casita to be immaculate, in excellent condition, beautifully furnished, very well maintained and ever so romantic. We fell in love with the gardens at first sight. Even before we went in the house, we knew this was the perfect place for us. Once inside, we found the cutest casita we had yet seen, but the private outdoor spaces are what we love most. The garden areas are exceptionally generous for the Historic District and offer four distinct areas for entertaining friends and family or for a romantic evening for two. Adobe walls and coyote fences completely enclose the casita and three distinct gardens for complete privacy. The gardens are perfect for dining and cocktails al fresco or for enjoying the sounds of a summer night. The lounge area is shaded by a bearing plum tree and a large Russian olive tree. This garden has a cocktail table with seating for four plus two Zero Gravity lounge chairs and a chimenea. There is a lovely flagstone patio shaded by a new ramada (pergola) with dining for six. Sit under the front portal and enjoy the smell of a summer rain or the whisper of a snowfall. A fourth garden shaded by giant apple and apricot trees lies along the Aspen-lined drive bordering the casita’s outer wall. In season, savor fruit from the casita’s apple, apricot, peach and plum trees. Outdoor sculptures abound throughout the gardens. We continue to add art and additional plantings to enhance the outdoor enjoyment of our guests and ourselves.
- Primary: (817) 994-0998
- Secondary: (817) 994-0999
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your intimate living room, a fire in the kiva, original art, recliners & big TV
Your master bedroom with Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe top of the line bed.
Your guest bedroom with "heavenly" bed and handmade mesquite ropero (armoire).
Your kitchen with French doors leading to the dining ramada, fire table & grill
Front portal, pinon firewood, hanging baskets and hummingbird feeder (May 2015).
Stone Forest millstone fountain and the view toward your shady cocktail garden.
Dining area looking into the LR. This table seats six (four chairs and a bench)
Dressing area and master closet/laundry, full-size stacking W/D and bathrobes.
An evening view of your Cocktail/Coffee Garden from front gate (Early summer)
"Casa Estrella," your Santa Fe home on the left at the end of our private lane
View of our living room with beamed ceiling and track lighting (May 2015).
Our peach in foliage (on left) with holiday farolitas after a snowstorm Nov2015
Our new trastero (cupboard) designed by the owners and handcrafted in Taos.
A spring view of your dining ramada along the path from your cocktail garden (May2015)
Welcome to your front portal
Dining table for six looking into the kitchen area (May 2015).
Your shady cocktail garden, chimenea and firewood shaded by plum and olive trees
French doors, fire table, fountain and view down path to cocktail garden area.
Master bath with tub/shower, ample linens and amenities, and handrails in tub.
Tiger swallowtail on hanging basket waiting for the ribs to cook on the grill
Art by Nocona Burgess, Worrell, Tobey, Star York, Alvin John, Lujan and Harvey.
Walkin master closet, loner backpacks, W/D, ironing board/iron, fire extinguishe
Marilyn (my peach) checking out the waning peach blossoms inside our front gate.
One of Casa Estrella's prolific peonies.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time Within a few hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 08/24/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.