Waterfront Home on Very Private and Pristine Lake
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Listen to the loons at our ultra private, newly renovated waterfront Post & Beam home located in a small waterfront community in Tuftonboro NH. Only 10 mins to Wolfeboro, our home features pine floors, a newly renovated kitchen with stainless appliances/dishwasher, granite countertops, Franke sink, Parma faucet and breakfast bar, new full bath, large living room with high ceiling and exposed beams, deck overlooking water, fireplace, two bedrooms with queen beds and a large loft with 2 twin beds, all new beds and mattresses. We have a new 12x32 screened-in porch. High speed wireless internet, unlimited long distance phone in the U.S., HD cable tv, 32' HD flat panel TV w/dolby 5.1 surround sound, DVD/CD and iPod connection. We have a high efficiency washer/dryer and ping pong table in basement. Located on a quiet lake with super clean water (oligotrophic), 160' of pristine & private waterfront with over 15 ft depth of visibility. Fully furnished. No pets. Minimum 1 week rental.
About Camp Beech: Camp Beech, our waterfront home is a retreat away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. This is our vacation house. A neighbor best described the experience by saying 'time moves slowly on Lower Beach Pond'. The lake is very quiet, filled with wildlife (rainbow trout, brown trout, small and large mouth bass for fishing and a loon family we see daily). We even saw a moose swimming last year! Our home is great for relaxation, reading a book on the deck, lying in the sun or hammock, water sports or visiting North Conway's outlets for some retail therapy (35 mins away) and the town of Wolfeboro for fine dining or shopping (10 mins away). In addition to our shoreline property, there are 2 Hidden Valley Association beaches you will have access to which are great for family days, building sand castles and swimming, both are a few minutes walking distance. Bring your racket because there are tennis courts in the association. We hope you enjoy your stay and go home very relaxed!
About the Lake: Our home is located in a small, private community in Tuftonboro NH called Hidden Valley. Our vacation home is located on Lower Beach Pond which is a small Oligotrophic lake with a sandy bottom. Wikipedia defines these lakes 'to have low algal production and often have very clear waters, with high drinking-water quality.' There is a maximum of 10 horsepower boats on the lake. More common, however, to the water are canoes, sail boats, fisherman, and swimmers. Paddling around on surfboards is our preferred method of water transportation. What is yours? Swimming across the lake is also a fantastic way to start your day! We have a large floating cedar raft roughly 35-40ft from shore for relaxing and lying in the sun. Another attraction is Camp William Lawrence, a boys camp that my husband attended, see their website below. If the wind is just right, you can barely make out revelry at 7:30 AM signaling the beginning of another wonderful day for the campers and for you at Camp Beech
Special Referral Offer: If you have visited Camp Beach or are visiting this site and believe someone you know would like to rent our home, please email Carl. If your friends stay at our house during the off season, we will be happy to send you a $100 referral fee after their stay. Please make sure whoever is staying with us drops your name so we can thank you appropriately after their stay.
People who are often are able to stay with us during the off peak season would be those without school aged children and retirees. The nice thing about the off season, such as the beginning of June, or Mid September through October, is that many of the tourists have left, the lake is warm, the weather if often breath taking, and you'll be lucky to see ANYONE on the lake. It's just that quiet and private!
So if you fall into the category of being able to rent in the off season, take advantage of even greater peace and quiet.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Our home is an open post & beam concept. The downstairs features two bedrooms each with new queen beds, dresser, closet and windows overlooking our flower gardens and small views of the lake. One bedroom has a door to outside (our preferred entrance is through the deck). The loft upstairs is our favorite room in the house, containing two twin beds with a desk and chairs for lounging as well as a beautiful view of the lake. We have a nice book shelf upstairs that contains several well known authors as well as games for both children and adults - often times we find ourselves playing scrabble until the morning (we have a large dictionary for questionable words!) and connect-4 is also a favorite. All rooms feature new Adirondack style log beds with new mattresses. All linens will be provided, sheets are 200+ thread count, and we ask you put them in the washer before you leave so the cleaner can prepare for our next guests. We provide bath towels but please bring beach towels...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- We have completely renovated our bathroom with a new toilet and sink as well as new wide pine flooring and re-enameled tub and tile surround in sparkling white, new lighting and hardware. The bathroom has a window to the outside and sufficient amount of light. We also have an outdoor shower with hot and cold water. We have a brand new 12X32 screened-in porch which extends our deck. Our fireplace is currently not for use during all rental seasons....moreless
- Our kitchen is also newly renovated and we decided to add luxuries that are not often found in a typical rental at our price point. As mentioned earlier, we have granite countertops, new stainless appliances and plenty of cooking utensils. Our breakfast bar has 3 stools for casual dining. We have a dining area that can seat 4 comfortably for a nice candlelight meal. We also recommend using our dining table on the deck to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Our living area features a comfortable large couch with a reclining chair and some bean bags. We have an entertainment center with surround sound speakers. Our property is secluded from other homes offering lots of privacy. We have trees on both sides of the house down to the water and our shore front property is cleared with private swimming. There are 2 granite rock steps to the water and a sandy start for swimming - we recommend swimming to the rock across the lake. We have a small dock/mooring to tie a canoe or small sailboat....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
We are directly on one of the cleanest and most beautiful lakes in New Hampshire. Our lake also sits at the bottom of rolling hills providing our lake with a constant source of natural springs....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Late Summer and Fall 2016
Sep 11 - Dec 31, 2016
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Tax Rate 9%
We feel that we do not have a lot of competition at our price point. For those willing to spend $3000 a week, that will buy you a different home. For those who do not want to spend at that level, you will find out home to be clean and updated. Our home is on one of the cleanest bodies of water in the lakes region, and there is very limited boat traffic making for a relaxing and quiet environment
A deposit of half of the lease amount is due with contract to reserve your vacation week or long weekend. Then, no less than 30 days prior to your stay date, the remainder is due which includes the second half of the lease amount, the cleaning fee, the NH State Tax and the security deposit.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Away From It All Luxury Cottage! Conveniently located 10 minutes (7 miles) from the oldest summer resort in America, Wolfeboro NH. Enjoy the music of the Great Waters Music Festival, Take a cruise on the Motor Vessle Mount Washington, take horse back riding lessons, play a round at Kingswood Golf Club, take a hike up Mt. Shah, or simply relax and enjoy your down time on one of the quietest and cleanest lakes in the State of New Hampshire.
Miles from Tuftonboro, New Hampshire
Manchester, NH 60
Boston, MA 115
New York City, NY 320
Montreal, Quebec 235
- Primary: 603 502-0870 cell phone
- Secondary: +
Links to more information:
View from the Front Deck
Newly Appointed Kitchen
Dining Area-Table folds out for 4
Gardens in Front of House
Views from Mt. Shah of the Southern Presidentials . 6 miles from house
Screened porch with couch and 8 person picnic table out of view
Twin Beds in Loft.
Carriage Trail Views From Nearby Mt. Faraway
Distant Fall Views of Castle in the Clouds
Time to Reflect.......
Front View of the House
Queen Bedroom 1 and 2 are the same
Back View of House, Lakeside
Private Floating Raft
Life is better at the lake
Westerly Views from a hike only 6 miles away
Typical busy day on our lake.....: )
Fall Foliage From The Deck Area
Trail Sign From Vast Nearby Trail Network
River Scene Near House off of 171
Crisp Fall Morning
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees