About the property
- House3100 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Den, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
Romantic Post and Beam Barn converted to a modern residence. Cathedral ceilings, skylights, stream runs under front deck. Beautiful, wooded, two acres with sunny side lawn. Adjacent to 200 acres watershed conservation area. Walk to reservoir and pond. Berkshire rental; Stockbridge rental.
* Bedroom One - King Bed - Main level
* Bedroom Two - Two twin beds and double - Main Level
* Bedroom Three - Queen Bed - Main level
* Bedroom Four - One Twin Bed - Main Level (This is off the Master Bedroom, and must be accessed through the Master bedroom)
* There is also a sectional pullout sofa in the walkout basement
* Great room, dining room, and kitchen on second floor
Some non-shedding pets permitted, ask owner for permission.
Keywords: Berkshires, Home, stockbridge, property, barn, tanglewood, ski, lake
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, german
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Charming, spacious getaway!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property for a ski weekend with 2 families. There was plenty of room for everyone to sleep, and a spacious kitchen with 2 separate dining areas (we had kids at one table, grownups at another!) made mealtimes easy. Kitchen was fully stocked and it was convenient having access to washer/dryer for laundry. The living room was very comfortable. The barn overlooks a small brook - very scenic. Only a short 20min drive to Butternut for skiing.
We look forward to staying here again!
Great house, great location, laundry requirement an impediment
We've enjoyed our weekend at this house for the second year. The house works well for our group. However, the need to wash and dry linens and towels does intrude into our weekend. It means we can't do as many activities on the day we leave as we would like.
Great Location and setting!
This charming renovated barn with open floor plan is in a great location near Tanglewood and nearby towns and activities. The setting is peaceful and the garden lovely. 5 of us gathered for the weekend here with plenty of space. The carpeted downstairs was damp/musty smelling which triggered one person's allergies but improved after we'd opened the windows in the house up for a day. Some minor repairs (broken toilet seat, insects coming on screen in one bedroom) were needed and hopefully will be attended to. Our one main complaint was having to pay a significant cleaning fee while being asked to do our own laundry (sheets and towels) before a morning check out. That is not a relaxing way to spend the last morning of your time off! Overall, though, the house worked well and we loved the location.
Great vacation spot!
This converted barn is great for family, multi-generational vacations. The layout works well for having kids and adults staying together. The house was clean and comfortable and the owners were pleasant to deal with and responsive.
It is very picturesque - located on a woody country lane, next to a stream. Although close to the Mass Pike it is quiet and secluded. The location is ideal for a stay in the southern Berkshires, with short drives to both Lenox and Stockbridge and practically next door to the Berkshire Botanical Garden and the Norman Rockwell Museum. MassMoCA and Williamstown are only about 45 minutes away.
It's worth noting that the upper floor (living & dining rooms, kitchen) is not air conditioned (all the bedrooms on the lower level have window ac units that do a good job cooling the rooms). There are ceiling fans in the living room and plenty of other fans available to place in windows, so we were comfortable even when the temperature got into the high 80s. For us it was not an issue, but if you are sensitive about needing air conditioning, this might be something to consider.
All in all, we were very happy about our decision to stay here, would recommend it and look forward to returning.
Great property and perfect place for our weekend gathering... a few improvements encouraged.
We love the property, home, and accommodations for a weekend gathering of friends from throughout the Northeast... for eight of us the space is perfect.
Heat was not working well in lower triple bedroom- it was a cold weekend. Washing and drying all sheets and towels is a nuisance, especially with a 10:30 checkout. This is the only rental I have experienced where this is required. Also, responsibility for taking trash to the recycling center would be OK, except it is not open on the weekends. Please provide another option.
Thank you for your review.
In response to the first concern, I did check the room that was reported as being cold, the day after the rental and found that one of the windows had been left open several inches. This would have made it difficult to keep that bedroom warm on a very cold night.
Also, in order to address the laundry concern we are now providing for laundry to be washed by the cleaning service instead of the renter.
Lastly, we have just upgraded the kitchen with a brand new premium double oven and convection microwave oven. We hope this will make future rentals very enjoyable as well.
Great location and unique house
The Stockbridge Barn house is very conveniently located to downtown Stockbridge and the surrounding Berkshires communities. Overall the house was great for a group of 7 people like we had. A few dated finishes in the bathrooms etc. I agree with one of the other reviewers that at the price for the house, which was a good deal, washing your own sheets is not "the norm" for VRBO. In any event, we would come again. Thanks!
Skiing, Swimming lake one mile
Additional information about rental rates
• Check in time is 3pm or later on the arrival date. Check out time is 10:30am or earlier on the departure date. Early arrival or late departure times may be possible, subject to availability, charges may be applicable. • The property may only be occupied by up to 8 people. No pets are allowed. No smoking allowed. • It may be necessary for the owners to enter the premises in order to perform routine maintenance or repairs, or for showing to prospective renters. Sub-leasing by the renter is prohibited. • The security deposit will be used to cover extra accommodation costs, late departure, loss or damage to the rental property in excess of normal wear and tear during the period of rental. It is important to follow the simple cleaning rules on the house info sheet. • The property should be left clean and undamaged. If the property is not left in a suitable condition, it may be necessary to charge the security deposit for costs to cover extra cleaning. • Any international telephone toll calls not made on a credit card or calling card will be charged to the security deposit. Guests will be notified within 40 days of any deductions will be made from the deposit. Security deposit will be returned in 40 days. - The owners accept no responsibility or liability for loss of personal items while staying in the property, or after departure. Parents must at all times, supervise children when near the stream or outdoors.. The owners accept no responsibility or liability for failure of equipment in the rental property. After notification of equipment failure, the owners will rectify the problem in a reasonable and timely manner. -All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following penalties: -16 weeks or more before arrival date = 50% of rental amount -10 weeks or less before arrival date = 100% of rental amount