Yosemite Private Retreat & Paradise on Secluded 10 Acres!
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
5 bedroom, 4 bath private retreat sleeps 13 on 10 acres just off CA Hwy 49 with easy access into Yosemite National Park - either through Mariposa or Oakhurst.
First floor Master Suite is fully handicapped-accessible. Garage ramp & ramp from private deck to pool. Perfect for either the able or those with limited mobility. King Sleep Comfort bed - 2 adjoining twins with remote controls for positioning & vibration. Back-to-back vanities, 1 wheelchair accessible with hand dryer. Walk-in/roll-in shower with bench seat, handrails & hand-held shower. High toilet with handrails & Toto bidet- wheel chair accessible with charging area for power chairs. Seating area, 42' flat screen TV, gas fireplace, private deck.
Upstairs Master Suite with king bed, loft, 3 decks, jetted tub, equipped exercise room (rowing machine, weight bench, Nordic Trac elliptical trainer, light free weights, exercise ball, kettle balls, stretch bands). 32' flatscreen TV, Blu-Ray.
Bedrooms 3 & 4 are Jack & Jill set-up. Both bedrooms have queen beds, vanities, walk-in closets with shelves. Shared bath room is a tub/shower combo, 2 sinks, & direct access to deck & pool. Pool towels provided for all.
Library bedroom has fold-out queen sofa bed & private bath. Off kitchen; blind provides privacy, & not noise protection. Better suited to night owls. Earplugs provided :)
Game room (adjacent to bedrooms 3 & 4) can sleep 3 - futon and 2 twin fold-out ottomans. Beds are firm - better suited to the youngsters/teens. Queen Aero bed upon request. Game room has board games, cards, flat screen TV, Blu-Ray, Wii.
Open floor plan with intimate spaces. Kitchen is the heart of the home, the 2-story river rock wall the backbone. Wood-burning stove (wood provided) and hearth seating in a cozy living room with sectional sofa and 47' flat screen TV, Blu-Ray, Direct TV Satellite.
Fully-equipped open kitchen with all necessities. 2 ovens, 1 convection, 1 not. 2 sinks (2 prep areas), dishwasher, microwave. 3 fridges: 1 Sub-Zero, 1 under counter beverage fridge, 1 full in pantry. Pantry. Blender, toaster, Cuisinart, coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, French Press, crock pot, specialty
kitchen gadgets, dishes & utensils for 24. 18' flat screen TV for the cooks. Many cookbooks :).
Farm-style dining table seats 8 easily, 10 cozily - 10 chairs. Kitchen table seats 6+ (bench seat can squeeze in 2 more).
Counter stools for 8. Cloth napkins, place mats for your use. Serving dishes, accessories available. Built-in buffet for serving.
Mountain pool in every sense - 'refreshingly cool' even on the hottest of days. Spa can be heated, the pool, not. Slide, low diving board. Pool & spa are not fenced - you're responsible for your kids. If they're not pool-safe, bring water wings or life jackets - these can be bought in Oakhurst. If it's breezy, expect rose petals from the trellis, mimosa flowers or sycamore leaves to litter the pool. Skimmers are provided - no daily pool service. Blower provided for the confused sycamore who may shed leaves on the deck no matter the season.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 2 story
- 4600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 13
- Bedroom 1: Main floor King Master Suite Gas fireplace, sitting area, HDTV, Sleep Comfort bed with individual controls for positioning and vibration. Fully-handicapped accessible. Ramp from garage & ramp from private deck to pool. A wheel-chair traveler's dream room. Bedroom 2: Upstairs King Master Suite Fitness room, HDTV, 3 private decks Bedrooms 3 & 4: Main floor Jack & Jill arrangement Queen beds with a vanity in each room. Walk in closets, direct access to pool through the shared, adjoining bathroom. Bedroom 5: Queen Sofa Bed Private bath. This is the library just off the kitchen. Blind provides privacy & not noise protection. Better for nights owls or sound sleepers. Bedroom 6: Really the game room. HDTV, 2 twin fold-out ottomans, a futon. Firm surfaces - better suited to the young. Queen Aero-bed available for another couple - inquire. 'Bedroom' 6 would share Bedrooms 3 & 4 bathroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom #1: Main floor King Master Suite Back-to-back vanities, wheel-chair accessible vanity, roll-in shower, Toto Bidet. Bathroom #2: Upstairs King Master Suite. Back-to-back vanities, walk-in shower, jetted tub, private toilet, skylights Bathroom #3: Jack & Jill arrangement Private toilet, 2 sinks, direct access to pool area Bathroom #4: Off library with sofa bed set-up Skylight, shower, toilet ...moreless
- You'll be secluded amidst many opportunities. Privacy with the option of adventure in every direction. Yosemite National Park, the Golden Chain Highway, seasonal white water rafting, zip lines. The central CA coast and San Francisco is within a 4-hour drive. Also a sweet place to just stay to nurture relationships with whom you're with. Walking from your front door to Hwy 49 & back will give you a 3-mile round trip...you may encounter wild turkeys, peacocks, startled deer, or a treasured glimpse of a bob cat disappearing in the brush, Or you can pack a picnic, take some kites & hike from your front door to the top of Crooks Mountain for a spectacular view. Nights are quiet & dark here, except for a full moon when it shines. Or when the resident owl goes hooting. If you want to escape while having the option to engage in adventure, this is for you. If you want adventure with the option of coming home to kick back, relax and hit the spa, this is for you....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
Lawn / Garden:
Our 10 acres in mostly natural landscaping. House is snuggled by lawn and plants. Just out the dining room slider is an herb garden - parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme. Also lots of lavender....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 16 months. You can contact the manager for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Year Purchased: 1985
About: This is my primary residence, We purchased this sweet, undeveloped 10-acre slice of the Sierra foothills in 1979. We lived on the property in a single-wide mobile with our two sons for 7 years, and the longer we lived in the mobile, the bigger the house grew. In 2006 we increased 800 square feet (bringing us to 4600 square feet) to add on a fully handicapped-accessible master wing on the lower floor. Widowed in 2008, I've been reluctant to leave - my sons live in the area. I love it here. And, I want to share it. One of my sons will host me when you are here.
Why Ahwahnee, CA, USA:
We moved to this area because we wanted to grow our business where we wanted to retire - we wanted a life-long affair with our environs. We chose this particular piece of property for the night sky. We'd just come from 2 years of living in the high New Mexico desert on the Navajo Reservation - my husband was a dentist - and we'd never seen sky like that. We wanted that, even in the midst of the pine-studded foothills. And we found it. Getaway Lane is a destination - remember to look up!
- Primary: +1 5596422288 Property Manager
- Fax: +1 5596646158 Fax
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
- Response rate 0%
- Calendar last updated 03/27/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.