La Jolla Shores' Immaculate Renovated Mid-Century Cottage
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Completely renovated and redesigned for the luxury traveler with decidedly modern flair and high end finishes , this immaculate cottage offers you five-star luxuries in a quiet location just 1/2 block to Avenida de la Playa's fine restaurants and shops. (Should this cottage be booked for your dates, booked, please see its sister cottage, HomeAway # 3573294)
• Best location in LJ Shores: JUST off the beaten path in quiet residential area 1/2 block to shops, restaurants, and about two blocks to the beach.
• One-car garage parking, (mid-size car)
• Secluded entry patio with its umbrella-topped table, surrounded by the private fenced garden
• Fire bowl in a completely secluded patio for easy evening conversation.
• "Heavenly" beds with highest quality cotton bedding, feather beds, and blackout shades for easy sleep.
• Wifi , Flat panel HDTVs with extended cable offerings in living room and bedroom suites
• Perfect floorplan with bedrooms set at opposite ends of the living areas, each opening to the private back patio
• Fountains, gorgeous night lighting, sun loungers and wall sculpture.
Walk just steps to Barbarella, The Shorehouse or up the beach to Caroline's for breakfast, and enjoy the finest dining at every hour all along Avenida de la Playa, as well as kayak, bike, paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons.
We provide the beach chairs and towels-- you provide the free-spirited fun!
**We offer a strictly non-smoking environment and invite discerning travelers who will appreciate and care for our property as if it were their own. Please do not inquire for larger groups, large dogs or for stays less than one week... And I'm sorry, we do not discount. Ever. (And I do so hate having to say 'no' to you!)
- One week minimum, four persons maximum. (Yes, babies, toddlers and kids are people, too!)
Enjoy spacious floor plan with two separated en suite bedrooms and two private outdoor living areas with beautiful furnishings:
- Top quality new 'Heavenly ' beds: one Cali king bed plus two twins (or a king) with luxury linens, featherbeds, fine down and down-alternative pillows.
- Large PRIVATE courtyard patio with gorgeous evening lighting, fire bowl, water feature fountains, barbecue, plus private fenced entry patio with table, chairs and umbrella... (Patios are yours alone)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- New, fully-stocked kitchen with laundry, new baths, new plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Flat screen HD TVs with fully extended cable offerings
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs, beach towels
- Shared garage parking for one car in two-car garage
- 3 blocks to the sands of La Jolla Shores, two to La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Our to-the-studs renovation was carefully designed with top-of-the-line eco-responsible materials including stylish recycled concrete and glass flooring, backsplash and countertops, dimmable LED lighting, lo-flow wc, and brand new energy-efficient appliances.
Member since: 2013
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Small pets must be approved, treated with flea protection before arrival, and MUST STAY OFF FURNITURE AND BEDDING or your cleaning deposit WILL be at risk. Cats are strictly forbidden as many guests are highly allergic....moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Call owner for referrals for fitness trainer, masseuse, housekeeping.
- Satellite / Cable:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 25 - Sep 5, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 2, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee (per week) $200
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Please see Rental Agreement for terms
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
La Jolla is world renowned for its scenic beauty and vibrant cultural community... Enjoy the beach, golf, La Jolla Playhouse's Tony-award winning productions, Museum of Modern Art San Diego, Sea World, Birch Aquarium, surf, sunsets, and sea!
About the owner: We are enthusiastic five-star travelers who appreciate that YOUR holidays are precious, and we know what you expect from your luxury vacation stay. Greg has been one of La Jolla's top real estate brokers for over 37 years and Marilyn works as his Marketing Associate-- and we are dedicated to ensuring you an upscale experience in our La Jolla Shores home.
Why the Owner Chose La Jolla Shores, San Diego, CA, USA:
Located just around the corner from La Jolla Shores Village's best restaurants and the beach, this mid-century modern gem was ready for a full renovation. A duplex attached by a wall joining two separate courtyard patios, the two one-level cottages are bright, open and new, new, new throughout. Seamless indoor-outdoor living in a superb location!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
- Indoor-outdoor perfection with TWO private outdoor living areas - Superb, quiet location in the heart of La Jolla Shores - Bright, open interiors with new everything - One-level ease
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
We retained the simple, mid-century ease...but renovated to the studs!
We love the Dutch door...
The evening lighting is a delight. Note the natural color of the palm trunks...
Interiors with quiet colors of the sea...
Master bedroom with bath and walk-in closet...ALL bedding washed and fresh
The sculpture came from an important beachfront home in La Jolla.
Both master suites open to the patio... push the beds together for a king.
See that office building across the street? What a plus: zero noise day & nite!
Baths are not large, but they are new and squeaky-clean IMMACULATE!
The (3573294 ) back cottage, super-secluded down a path, connects to the garage.
The light, bright interiors of the (3573294 ) rear cottage...
What we all love about La Jolla Shores: THE BEACH!
Simple chic outside... super-luxe inside!
Your private courtyard patio with gorgeous fire bowl and fountain...
Super clean comfort...
The kitchen is fully equipped... but who wants to cook on vacation?! :)
Yes, that's an office building across the alley-- quiet, 24 hours/day
Prettier in person. :)
Enjoying the fireplace... a clean line of gas fire.
La Jolla's beautiful coastline...
La Jolla Shores... just three short blocks from your cottage.
The secluded patio of the (3573294 ) rear cottage...
The master of the rear cottage...3573294
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM