Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
- Haustiere im Haus nicht erwünscht, für Hunde steht ein ca. 8 qm großer Zwinger kostenlos zur Verfügung.
Cleaned with disinfectant
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Enhanced cleaning practices
Great stay with amazing scenery
We stayed 10 nights and I have to say that this is the best experience of my 10 trips using VRBO. The apartment was spotless, spacious, and very comfortable. Our hosts Annette and Wolfgang were there to answer any questions and they gave us many suggestions as to sights to see in the area. They paid attention to every detail to ensure that we had a memorable stay. The location of the apartment was perfect for all of our planned activities. Within an hours drive you can visit quaint little villages, beautiful pristine lakes, and the most beautiful landscape that you can ever imagine. The beautiful towns of Bertchesgaden, Rudlophing, St Gilgen, Mondsee, Hallstatt, and many others are all close by. If you want to have fantastic time in the Bavarian Alps staying at House Karlsbad is a must. Thank you Wolfgang and Annette for being such outstanding hosts!! Marlin from California
Thank you very much Marlin, we hope to see you and your family again in our house.
Best place we ever stayed
Even though the road up was a bit steep and winding, the place itself was very spacious and clean and had everything you needed for a great stay. The owners are wonderful people and are helping with any questions or problems you might have. I would definitely stay there again.
Herzlichen Dank, wir haben uns sehr gefreut, dass wir Sie kennenlernen durften.
Viele Grüße nach Florida.
Fantastic! We want to go back!
All of the highlights of Alpine living are at your doorstep! So many good things to say! Everything was high quality: the furniture, the kitchen, the beds, the vacuum. It was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the bedrooms were large. There were superb hiking trails in both directions. The owners both speak English very well, and they were very kind and thoughtful. They got us English information fliers from the sights to see in the area! The location is so perfect because there was so much to do and see in under a half hour car ride. The bus station that takes you to Hitler's Eagle's nest is within walking distance, but closed until mid-May. There is no other way up there. One small thing to note is that if you need to do laundry, plan to do it when you have time to let it dry in the drying room overnight.
Since we have 3 children under the age of 5, we prepared our meals there. The kids loved the swing set, slide, sand box, small toy car and big container of legos. You can see most of the play area from the kitchen. We could not find a baking dish, so we made brownies in the fondue pot! ha! There was no microwave, but there was a deli style meat slicer!
We stayed a week and recommend the following day trips:
1. Lake Hintersee. We hiked around the lake, took a paddle boat ride on the lake, and had a picnic all while enjoying the gorgeous views and only a handful of other people!
2. Salzbergwerk/Salt Mine. 2 train rides, 2 slides, 1 boat ride all underground! There were English audio guides.
3. The Königssee lake/boatride to Church of St. Bartholomä (hike to the ice cave if you can!)
4. Hellbrunn Palace/Gardens with Sound of Music Pavillion/playground with zipline/Hellbrunn Zoo
5. The panoramastrasse (the entrance is within sight of the house) where you can drive on the mountain ridge and see Austria on one side and Germany on the other! It costs 8 Euro per car. Absolutely stunning! There was snow mid-April.
6. Mondsee Lake/St. Michael's Church (Church where Maria from Sound of Music got married). There was a nice playground near the lake and ducks and swans and hiking trails.
Thank you for the assessment, but the backing dish is in the drawer under the heater and the microwave in the fitted cupboard. Next to the washing machine stood the dryer. We will show you these things at your next stay in our house. Best regards
Auszeit zu dritt
Wir, das sind drei Frauen in den Sechzigern ,haben uns in dieser Ferienwohnung 7 Tage sehr wohl gefühlt. Es war alles bestens eingerichtet. Die Bushaltestelle liegt direkt vor dem Haus. Wanderungen sind von überall aus möglich.
Die Eheleute Spies sind sehr freundliche Vermieter und sehr hilfsbereit. Für jedes Anliegen bemühen sie dich um eine Lösung. Wir empfehlen diese Ferienwohnung sehr gerne weiter und würden selbst immer wieder gerne herkommen.
Our house is only 4 km from Berchtesgaden centre apart in a quiet, sunny location at the Obersalzberg, at the foot of the Kehlstein. From here you have a great view to the mountains around. It is the ideal starting point for hikers and mountain bikers – you can start your trip directly in front of the door. Golfers find at the Obersalzberg the highest golf course of Germany. In the adventure swim 'Watzmann-Therme' you can relax or improve your fitness. Fun and variety offers the summer toboggan run nearby, too. Salzburg, the city of Mozart, is only a few minutes drive away. You can also spend felicitous holidays in the winter here. The skiing areas Roßfeld and Jenner as well as other family-friendly ski lifts are in the nearness. Ideal ski runs are waiting for longs in Scharitzkehl. You can achieve the toboggan run from Obersalzberg to Berchtesgaden in a few minutes.
- english, german