Absolute Perfect Retreat - Shenandoah National Park Views, Golf and Vineyards!(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cabin, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 3.5 Baths, sleeps up to 10
You'll want to visit local winery Glen Manor Vineyard, Down River Canoe Company, Skyline Caverns, Luray Caverns, Shenandoah National Park and the Shenandoah River while you're here! Also nearby is Virginia Canopy Tours (Zip Line) Sample the local flavors and enjoy country living at it's best!
Amenities include 3 large bedrooms each with queen beds, a loft with twin beds and a full size futon. There is also a toddler bed and a roll-away bed in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Two fireplaces, Big Screen Satellite TV, DVD, VCR, and stereo. Wrap around porch, screened porch, porch swing. Fully equipped large kitchen, porch dining, indoor dining and large living room. Three and a 1/2 baths, including a Master bathroom suite that is very romantic with a walk-in shower for two with body sprays, whirlpool tub, heated towel bar, private toilet and marble vanity.
You will enjoy the personal touches in the home such as the carved bear heads on the cedar posts in the livng room and the Virginia Wildlife Mural in the loft.
If you're looking for a great place in the country with gorgeous mountain views, this is it!
If you're looking a nice place to stay, unwind from your busy life, and relax, this is a great place to do it. The house is off the main road, yet close enough to Luray and Front Royal to make it an easy trip for whatever you're looking for. The Shenandoah River is only 2 miles from the house with Down River Canoe Company and other outfitters nearby. There are 6 golf courses within 30 minutes and nearby Vineyards include; Glen Manor Vineyards, Linden Vineyards, Chester Gap Cellars, Rappahannock Cellars, Desert Rose Winery and more!
Located about 70 miles west of Washington, DC, you can get here in about an hour and fifteen minutes from D.C. provided you don't get stuck in DC traffic. You won't find any traffic jams out here! So come on out to the mountains and enjoy country life for a bit.
Member since: 2011
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- The Master Bedroom is on the main floor and has a queen size bed. The Master Bedroom has a TV, fireplace, cathedral ceiling, walk-in closet and Master Bath Suite. The Master Bath is pretty sweet. Second level there are two more huge bedrooms, each with their own queen bed and private bath. In one of the upstairs bedrooms there is also a youth bed, a roll-a-way bed and a baby's pack-n-play. Also on the second level is a large open loft. There are two twin beds, and a full size futon. There is also an inflatable mattress in one of the upstairs closets....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The Master Bathroom Suite is especially nice. It features a walk-in tile shower for two with two shower heads and body sprays. There is also a whirlpool tub for two. The raspberry bordeaux marble top on the vanity ties the color theme of the room together. Be sure to turn on the heated towel rack so that when you are ready for that towel, you get a nice warm cozy towel to wrap up in. Half bath also on main level. Each upstairs bedroom has its own private bathroom. There are sheets and towels provided!...moreless
- The house has a wonderful wrap around porch complete with an old fashioned porch swing. The rear portion of the wrap around porch is screened (by the dining room/ kitchen area). There is a picnic table and a glass topped dining table in the screened porch area. Just on the other side of the screened porch is the patio with Stone BBQ/Outdoor Fireplace. A great place to relax and enjoy the fire, or for the kids to roast the marshmallows. The kitchen is fully equipped with a Gas Cooktop in the island. There is a Wall Oven/Microwave Combo, a dishwasher and a Trio Refrigerator with icemaker. The dining area has 6 regular chairs, but we've got a couple folding chairs in the Master Closet. Plus their are barstools for eating at the island....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $20 + tax
- Tax Rate 7.3%
From $225 - $275/nt U.S. Dollars
Low Season $225 per night;
Mid Season $250 per night;
Peak Season and Holidays $275 per night;
Seven nights/Six days based on two adults.......$1,825 per week;
Two night minimum based on two adults;
Rates depend on number of guests,and pets;
Ask about Off Season Specials and Mid-Week Specials!;
Dates Available: Available year round
A deposit of 50% is due at the time of reservation and the balance is due 14 days prior to arrival. I take MasterCard and Visa.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Enjoy the scenic Shenandoah Valley and Shenandoah National Park while staying at our house. There is lots to do in the area, such as tubing or canoeing on the Shenandoah River. If you like to hike, there are some great paths nearby that go into the Shenandoah National Park. There are 6 golf courses within a 1/2 hour. A great area to go antiquing, country auctions, dining in Front Royal or Luray, civil war battlefield sites and reenactments, or horseback riding. Also in the area are Skyline Caverns and Luray Caverns. Two ski resorts within 1 hour. (Bryce and Massanutten Resort). Finally, just a couple miles from the house is a great Winery (Glen Manor Vineyards) and many more wineries within about 1/2 hour. You can easily fill a week by sightseeing and don't forget to tour the scenic back roads. At the end of each day, kick back in the rocking chairs on the porch and enjoy the sunset mountain views and wildlife!
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We own Buracker Construction LLC a Custom Home Builder in the Shenandoah Valley and decided to make this home a vacation rental. We thought offering this home as a vacation rental is a great way to share our favorite place.
Why the Owner Chose Bentonville, VA, USA:
We live and work in this area and think it's the best place to be. I grew up in the Washington area and moved here as a teenager. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The wrap around porch with Cracker Barrel rockers, lends itself to relaxing times with friends. Get out of the rat race and unwind. The house is far enough away from Luray and Front Royal to make you feel your are getting away, yet close enough to all the fun things this area has to offer.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the front porch
Second Level Bedroom
Second Floor Bedroom (Wildlife theme)
Liberty Farm - nearby
Shenandoah River - nearby
Another View from the Porch
Front Porch (It wraps all the way around)
Stone Fireplace and BBQ just off screened porch
Fireplace in Master Bedroom
View of Loft from Great Room
Great Room Fireplace
More views in the area
Canoeing on the Shenandoah River
Just kidding he wasn't at our cabin
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.