Sit on either deck and enjoy the sea breeze, listen to the waves, and watch the clouds change from white to pink as the sun sets.
Matagorda Beach is on a barrier island on the middle coast of Texas. The Gulf of Mexico and the beach with fishing, surfing, swimming, and beach combing are a five minute walk over the dunes from the beach house. East and West Matagorda Bays are visible from the house. Because of the abundance of habitat for birds, the area usually has the greatest number of bird species in the annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count. Fishing, both inshore and offshore, is legendary. There are many kayaking fishing launch spots within minutes of the house.
Directions from Bay City: Take highway 60 south to Matagorda. Turn left onto FM 2031 at Stanley’s Grocery Store. Go 7 miles until you see the LCRA Recreational Vehicle Park on the right. Shortly past a sign that says “Road Ends 1500 Feet” you will see Beach Front Drive, turn left. Number 462 is half way down on the right.
Features of the house:
• Large covered deck on the first floor and small covered deck on the second floor offering the best view of Matagorda Beach in Matagorda.
• Three bedrooms: The upstairs bedroom has a queen sized bed and two single beds. Guests using the upstairs bed can watch the sun rise over the ocean from their bed. Downstairs bedrooms: One bedroom has two single beds. The second bedroom has a full-sized bed. Sheets and towels are included.
• Two bathrooms: One upstairs and one downstairs.
• Washer and dryer.
• Fully equipped kitchen.
• Covered and screened deck area with a gas grill just outside the kitchen door.
• An outside shower and clothesline.
• Parking for two vehicles and a boat and truck.
• Living room/dining area with seating at the table for 6 (you can squeeze in 8). Two couches and a comfortable chair.
• TV, DVD, stereo
• Wireless internet.
• Central air conditioning and heat.
The house sleeps 8 people, and 8 is the maximum number of people that we will accept. No pets. No smoking. Check in after 4 p.m. and check out by 11 AM.