Sugar Plum Cabin - Newly Renovated Hand Crafted Log Cabin(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-105 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Detached Unit, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 15-16)
Large mountain home, renovated by custom homebuilder, stunning woodwork, cabinets and tile baths. This 4 BR 3.5 Bath home is ideal for large family gatherings.
Basement level has 2 car garage and heated gear room for ski, bike, fishing gear storage and an arcade air hockey table. The main level features a 2 story foyer with exposed timber beams, glistening woodwork, an authentic bearskin rug on the wall and a large window that floods the home with morning light. The living room has exposed log walls, oversized log furniture and a woodburning stove to supplement the central heat and air system. The gourmet kitchen has new stainless appliances, custom cabinets, granite tops and tile backsplash and and open view to the dining room. This level also has a bedroom with private bath and a half bath. The upper level has one bedroom with a twin and a full bed, one bedroom with a full bed and private bath, a large hall bath with double vessel sink vanity and a giant kids bunk room with a foyer balcony, satellite TV and 2 matching twin/full bunks that sleep 6.
Located on fully paved road and drive just 1 mile from Ghost Town parking lot. Ideal for winter stays with easy snow access and summertime motorcycling groups with plenty of garage storage and no gravel roads.
Keywords: log cabin, timber, lodge, chalet
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 15-16
- Double Beds (5), Twin or Single Beds (3), Daybeds (2)/Layout is as follows: 1st floor- double bed w/full bath; 2nd floor- double & twin bed in 1 room, double w/full bath, 2 bunks each with double on bottom & twin on top;2nd floor has full bath on hall in addition to the private one in the upstair's bedroom; detached pool table room-2 daybeds ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Newly renovated, new beds, furniture, etc, hardwood floors, custom tile bathrooms, granite counters, vessel sinks, lower level gear room for skis, bikes, etc., 3 garage spaces for car/motorcycle parking, large covered front and back porches and a detached billiards room with 2 daybeds and large covered wood deck. Downstairs bedroom with bath is suited to guests with limited mobility, 2 step entrance from rear parking area to main level. Fully paved access provides year round access. ***Please note that paper goods are NOT INCLUDED with this rental cabin. Bedsheets, blankets, pillows, and towels for up to 15 guests ARE PROVIDED.***...moreless
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 25 - Feb 28, 2017
2 night min stay
Mar 1 - Apr 6, 2017
37 night min stay
Apr 7 - Apr 23, 2017
17 night min stay
Apr 24 - May 25, 2017
32 night min stay
May 30 - Aug 31, 2017
94 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 14, 2017
105 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Cleaning Fee $125
- Tax Rate 11%
***Please be aware that a HOLIDAY RATE of $225/night applies to MLK,Jr Holiday, President's Day weekend, the week before & after Easter, Memorial Day weekend, the week of July 4th, Labor Day weekend, the week of Thanksgiving, and the week before and after Christmas. A 5 night minimum stay is preferred during holiday weeks.
***There is a 5 NIGHT MINIMUM stay for HOLIDAY WEEKS. Check-In/Out Days should fall on either a Saturday or Sunday.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: Kim and Henry are both USC Grad School graduates, Henry attended nearby WCU in Cullowhee and works for a utility company and is a licensed custom homebuilder in SC, Kim was a school teacher before deciding to become a full time mom to 3 sons. We are originally from, and currently live in the Columbia, SC area.
Why the Owner Chose Maggie Valley, NC, USA:
We have visited this area since childhood, and wanted our kids to have the same experiences we did. Maggie Valley is centrally located and there is never a shortage of family activities to choose from.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Fly fishing, cycling, and shopping in Waynesville and Bryson City. Cherokee and Gatlinburg are popular day trips for us.
- Primary: (803) 791-8565
Exterior, large rocking porch.
Log wall living room, exposed beams, comfortable furniture, wood stove
Kids bunkroom, sleeps 6 with plenty of floor space, 1 of 4 BRs.
2 car garage and basement gear room, grade level rear entry.
Custom gourmet kitchen, tile, ss appliances, granite, new DR addition.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.