About the property
- House1700 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
2+ bedrooms 2 bathrooms, Sleeps 8, screened porch & outdoor shower
Enjoy a quintessential antique cape home located in the heart of Wellfleet, steps away from the town harbor, theater, restaurants, shops & galleries. Mayo beach is only a three minute walk away and the town park across the street from the beach includes a playground, tennis and basketball courts. Also within walking distance is Tim's bridge for access to beautiful walking/running trails. The home has been tastefully renovated and furnished with comfortable and relaxed antiques. The first floor has a large eat-in kitchen, sitting room, 3/4 bath (with washer & dryer), open plan for the living and dining room and a screened in porch ideal for entertaining or watching the morning sunrise. The second floor contains a master bedroom, full bath and guest bedroom all with spectacular water views. The back yard provides outdoor dining, ample storage for bikes & kayaks and an outdoor shower. This home is a perfect getaway since you can park the car and not use it again your entire stay!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 03, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
If you love Welfleet you will love this place!
We have always wanted to stay in the harbor and this place was perfect. To be honest I was nervous about the smell at low tide but that was never an issue. The place is updated but still keeps its Cape Cod charm. A short walk to all the action in the harbor and plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. Also the pictures does not show the huge deck that is great for enjoying cocktails after the beach! We will be coming back every year!
Beautiful Home in a Great Location
Everything that Wellfleet has to offer is within walking distance - galleries, the farm market, nature trails, the waterfront, Mac's and many other excellent restaurants. The home is thoughtfully furnished, letting you know you're at the Cape without feeling like a beach rental. The deck overlooking the water is the perfect place for morning coffee or an evening cocktail. The owners clearly take pride in this property and did everything they could to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
Lovely House in a great location!
Stayed for a week at this lovely, well appointed house. It's centrally located in Wellfleet. You can walk to Mayo beach or stroll the galleries & shops of town in minutes. That is if you can get yourself off the porch and the view of Duck Creek! The house is comfortably appointed and tastefully decorated. Large kitchen and lots of living space. Note the pictures do not reflect a large open porch that is now connected to the screened in porch of the house. Great for entertaining. Note the house abuts Commercial St., so you get a little road noise, but I didn't find it excessive. Had no trouble sleeping or finding peace & quiet in the back of the house.
Perfect Location & Plenty To Do
Our annual Cape Cod family vacation couldn't have been more enjoyable, and this home was a huge part of it. With 4 adults and 4 children, most homes would feel crowded and tight, but this home was spacious, sunny, clean, and comfortable! All the supplies you would need in a kitchen is available to you, no need to bring anything. The description of the home and its amenities was accurate. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the spacious outside deck (not pictured) with plenty of outside seating available for our family. It truly felt like a home instead of a vacation rental. The location was perfect. We explored the plethora of quaint galleries, bookstores, restaurants and gift shops in weather-shingled old houses which line the streets of Wellfleet. The grocery store is even in walking distance. You don't even need to use your car! Wellfleet Fish Pier is well known for their delicious oysters and has the freshest catch. Best of all, it is only a 2 minute away! Wellfleet’s natural beauty and charm makes it a well-known artist’s paradise. As an aspiring artist myself, I spend my year longing for that one week a year I get to call Wellfleet home. Thank you, Paul, for sharing your home with us!
Beautifully appointed home in the heart of Wellfleet. Everything you need was there including a fire pit for the evening.
A short walk to restruants, galleries and beach. We enjoyed the week with our family including our dog and grandson.
The house is located on one of the main streets but it was not overwelling and the passers by are happy to stay hello.
We had our morning coffee on the screened porch watching the birds and the tide come in on the marsh.
In the evening we walked to local restaurants for oysters and lobster or even an ice cream.
We were sad to leave it seemed like a week wasn't enough and hope to stay 2 weeks next year.
Beautifully renovated but hot and noisy
• Lovely recent renovation, very nice taste and touches.
• Lovely view from back of house.
• Clean, well kept.
• Modern appliances, and WiFi works well.
• Large flat-screen TV in living room (analog service; cable does not include HBO, etc, but has Sundance & IFC.) There is a DVD player and a few DVDs, like an old Clint Eastwood western.
• Easy walking distance to town pier, Mayo Beach, Mac’s seafood stand, etc. (minimal sidewalk and almost no lighting, so after dark carry a flashlight and don’t wear dark clothing).
• Front of house (not shown in photos) is right on Commercial St (no sidewalk). You hear passers-by, cars/trucks/motorcycles as if you were right next to them. Loud enough to interrupt conversation (even late at night) or not be able to hear TV. But it gets too hot to close the street-side windows.
• There is a ceiling fan in the kitchen (minimal effect) & a window air conditioner in the adult bedroom. We experienced several quite hot, humid evenings, pretty hard to bear. At first no other fans, but owner sent over 2 used ones a few days after we asked (+ we bought one); this helped some. On a couple of nights, there was a cool breeze that made a huge difference (requiring, of course, open windows all around, which brings us back to the auditory interference from the street). Air conditioned bedroom very pleasant, but no TV and lighting not good for reading; using WiFi, we were able to watch things on laptop while escaping from the heat there.
• One side of the adult bedroom and the closet in the kid’s bedroom have extremely sharply & low sloping ceilings, so be careful to crouch down. I banged my head several times (slow learner).
• Closet in the kids’ room (only closet in house), good for kid-size clothing. To hang up anything adult size, there is a rod further in & to the side, but hard to get in without hitting head. We used shower rod in 2nd bathroom to hang clothing. (Plenty of drawer space, & space in lovely new kitchen cabinets.)
• Renter must bring trash + recycling to the Wellfleet “transfer station” (hard to find; librarian provided directions); as a newcomer, spent 15 min mastering the sorting of various types of recycling. It’s not free – bring $5 per trip. This was a first for us after decades of Wellfleet rentals.
As the (new) owners learn the ropes, improvements will probably be made.
3 new fans and a AC have been added to the house
A medium size tv has been added to bedroom.
A letter of stay is provided which allows renter to park at local beaches and ponds as well as use of the transfer station for trash and recycle. t There is not cost if letter is present in vehicle.
Wellfleet is a charming old town and the side walks exist only on one side of road and are some what narrow along Commercial st. Commercial st is very popular st for the walkers and bikers to enjoy the scenes of the town and beaches
The house offers plenty of yard space and is buffered with hedges and trees from street.
The sound level is normal for a in town location