Experience the pristine natural splendor of Oregon's Willamette Valley in style at the 'Daniel S. Yoder House,' a delightfully updated Salem vacation rental home. Located in a wonderful, friendly neighborhood within walking distance of the State Capitol and downtown Salem, the home sits right along the serene Mill Creek and displays a graceful blend of historic beauty and modern comfort, providing the perfect setting for your tranquil getaway to the Pacific Northwest!
Featuring 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and enough room to comfortably sleep 6 guests throughout 1,600 square feet of fashionably appointed living space, this stunning house is an ideal lodging choice for families or friends out for a relaxing Oregon retreat. As soon as you arrive, you'll immediately fall in love with the picturesque nature of this quiet neighborhood, complimented by a magnificent scene of the sun peeking through large trees, casting beautiful shadows over this inviting property. Originally constructed in 1898, the 'Daniel S. Yoder House' is on the National Registry of Historic Homes and has been tastefully renovated to have an urban loft feel while still keeping historical touches. You'll find yourself enchanted by the home's 19th-century architecture, gorgeous wood furnishings and splashes of handsome red brick accents, coupled with hints of contemporary convenience to create a seamless fusion of old-world sophistication and modern elegance. Every amenity you need to feel at home is available to you, including central heating and air conditioning, a flat screen Smart TV with cable and streaming capabilities, in-unit laundry machines, and high-speed wireless internet access.
You'll see the word 'gather' beautifully inscribed on a couch pillow, subtly hinting at the wonderful quality time you'll spend in the home's cozy living area, or in 1 of 2 private dens. Lounge on the plush couches and socialize with your companions as aromas of a delicious home-cooked meal radiate from the fully equipped kitchen, stocked with all the essential culinary appliances. Join with your loved ones for dinner around the splendid 6-person dining room table, where you can share stories and reminisce about the day's adventures. This inviting dining space is perfect for family meals and entertaining.
The exterior of this house is equally as charming as its interior - when the weather is nice, head outside to prepare some mouth-watering barbeque for lunch on the large gas grill as the kids play in the sizable yard, fenced in for safety. Indulge in a relaxing meal while seated around the outdoor dining area and observe peaceful, private views of Mill Creek flowing gracefully along the shore. You couldn't ask for a better tranquil afternoon set in the glistening Oregon sunlight!
Although the house is nestled in a quaint historic neighborhood, you won't have to venture far to access the region's most notable attractions and entertainment options! Take a short stroll into downtown Salem to visit the State Capitol, or to try out different dining establishments with local cuisine. Historic Elsinore Theatre is located nearby in downtown as well and often has productions available for your viewing pleasure.
Located in the heart of Willamette Valley, this property offers easy access to over 50 wineries within a 30-mile radius, along with an endless variety of attractions such as museums, universities, and other awesome Oregon towns. You'll also find extensive parks and wildlife areas within just a few miles of the home, making it a perfect central location for your outdoor recreational needs. Embark on a quick 1-hour drive for an enthralling day trip to the coast to enjoy the wonderful beaches. On your way home, be sure to stop in town for delicious dining, delectable desserts, and exciting events. Whether you're most looking forward to relaxing mornings by the creek, taking in the historic city culture or exploring the myriad of incredible local attractions, this extraordinary Salem vacation rental house is sure to give you exactly what you need for your next retreat to the Pacific Northwest, and then some!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central heating and air conditioning, beautiful outdoor dining area, large private enclosed yard, flat screen smart TV with streaming capabilities, in-unit washer/dryer, wireless internet access, and much more
- The home's coffee maker is a Keurig 2.0 brewing system, which lets you brew a single cup and a carafe - bring your favorite K-cups or feel free to use the ones provided!
- Terrific location in a friendly, quiet neighborhood with easy access to dining, shopping, museums, parks, theatres and other attractions!
- Peaceful, private setting along Mill Creek. Perfect for entertaining or just getting away!
- Secure storage for sports equipment. Guest can bring their mountain bikes, camping equipment, skis and even a canoe and know there is a clean secure storage area available (no additional cost)
- Off-street parking available for 2 cars (Garage parking available upon request for compact or sub compact vehicles only (up to 1 car))
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed
- A Queen-sized Futon in the Upstairs Den and a Queen-sized Sleeper Sofa in the Downstairs Den can accommodate up to 2 extra guests
- No smoking
- Pet-friendly with fee (dogs of all sizes allowed, cats welcome for 30+ day rentals)
- Pet Fee: $25 Per Pet, Per Night (Dogs Only, No Cats)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note the hammock is seasonal and will be stored in winter
- Additional fees and taxes may apply