"Great stay, well equipped, excellent responsive, organized host, best experience we had on HomeAway" Otto from California - March 2017
Spacious yet cozy, this 2 bedroom condo is perfectly-sized for a couple, young family, or group of friends and is equipped with essential amenities, WiFi, and air conditioning. Centrally located close to shops and restaurants, it retains a tranquil, relaxing vibe. The hugely popular Accra/Rockley beach is just 5 minutes' walk away.
Your stay includes a FREE
• A 3-course dinner, freshly prepared by your attentive host Sunil on a night of your choice
• A personalized tour (approximately 3 hours) with stops to the following places;
- A stop at Pebbles Beach (see pictures)
- An introduction to Jason and his team at Paddle Barbados (also on Pebbles Beach) and ensuring your discounted rate for beach chairs and umbrellas, only for guests of Palm View. (see picture)
- Introductory stop at the Boar Yard, on the edge of Bridgetown
- A drive on the South Coast pointing out mall, restaurants, Accra/Rockley beach
- A drive through St. Lawrence Gap, the street with nightclubs, bars, restaurants, Dover Beach and hotels
- A stop at Oistins Fish Market, to buy your fresh local, wild caught fish to prepare in your fully equipped kitchen
- Pointing out Uncle George’s Fish Net Grill, the place to eat when visiting the Oistins Fish Fry
- A stop at the grocery store to get your fresh local produce and other grocery
• Passionate about organic, grass fed local beef? A stop at Clifton Meats butcher shop can also be arranged
• We can also vacuum seal (see picture) your fresh fish and freeze it so you can take some back home. The US and Canada allows you to bring back personal quantities of fresh fish.
THE SPACE -
Ideally located on the stunning South Coast of Barbados, Palm View condo offers clean, contemporary, spacious accommodation with a homely, cozy vibe. Split-level, it has two air conditioned bedrooms (one en-suite) and is fully furnished. No matter what your budget, you can enjoy a romantic couple's retreat, relaxing family getaway, or have fun in the sun with friends. What you see in the photos is exactly what you will find when you arrive - a perfect slice of paradise!
A 5 minute walk allows you to explore the South Coast, including the highly popular Accra/Rockley beach, plus malls, grocery stores, banks, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. You are in the heart of everything, yet the area retains its serene, chilled out atmosphere. Local transportation is excellent.
You will feel instantly relaxed and welcome when you approach Palm View's fresh white-painted exterior and palm tree-lined entrance walk way. The small complex is situated on the main road but the condo is nestled within, so there's no disturbance from traffic noise. There's a private patio space with table, chairs, and umbrella where you can sit and sip cocktails in the shade. Free secure parking is available.
Clean, well-presented, and stylishly remodeled with wood cabinets and breakfast bar, the kitchen is impeccably equipped. Basic pantry supplies and grocery items are supplied to get your first morning off to a great start! All pots, pans, utensils, and appliances included.
Here your host Sunil will cook you a mouth-watering 3-course fine dining meal on the night of your choice, typically consisting of fresh fish and rice for a Bajan culinary experience, with a twist!!
The Living/Dining Room
White/aqua walls and cool flooring give an airy, laid-back feel. The 2 comfortable couches can be combined to make a double bed and the rustic wood dining table extends to seat up to 10 people. You can enjoy Cable TV and reliable WiFi. There are ceiling fans and attractive louvered doors which lead onto the patio area.
Bright and fresh with cool flooring and a double bed, the main bedroom is a lovely place to relax. There's pallet wood furniture, over-bed lighting, a mirror, and storage. Bedlinen is supplied.
Painted walls and cool hard flooring make the second bedroom feel light and bright. Doublebed and exposed wood ceiling beams. The novelty wall decoration will appeal to kids!
The bathroom has a modern feel with zingy décor, a large mirror with spotlights, and wood finishes. The shower is one of two in the property, and towels are thoughtfully supplied.
Clean and bright with contemporary white tiles, a large mirror with spotlights, shower over the bath and ample storage.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS -
Reliable and responsive, your friendly host Sunil goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome! A passionate cook, he offers a complimentary 3-course meal plus a 3-hour personal guided tour of the South Coast, taking in local markets and meeting with local vendors. He can make recommendations for great local restaurants, taxi companies, and must-see attractions, to ensure you get the most out of your stay!Sunil can be reached via instant messaging, What's App, phone call, or through Airbnb.
Of Indian descent but born and raised in Barbados, Sunil has over 20 years' experience working indirectly in tourism. He has an exceptional talent for cooking, excelling at organizing formal seated dinners of 3-7 courses, and provides an events catering service.
Sunil's wife Paola is Italian (Roman) by birth and has lived in Barbados for 12 years. She is fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, French, and some German and Dutch. A healthy eating and yoga enthusiast, she is also incredibly knowledgeable about wine!
• Visit the coconut vendor every Saturday and Sunday! (2 minutes' walk)
• Try fruity cocktails and fresh, local fish and ribs at Shakers Barand Grill (3 minutes' walk)
• Country House Café offers amazing breakfasts, salads, meat and fish(4 minutes' walk)
• The beautiful South Coast is a must-visit. Stunning beaches, the boardwalk, shops, and restaurants will give you a real taste of Bajan life (5 minutes' walk)
• Accra/Rockley beach is one of the most popular beaches (5 minutes' walk)
• Nearby Lanterns Mall has stores galore for retail therapy!
• The Quayside Center has a food court and mini mart
• Sports lovers can head to the local golf club to unwind!
GETTING AROUND -
• Travel on foot or by bus, minibus, or ZR Van - a thrill you must experience!
• Bus stop to Bridgetown - directly opposite the complex
• Bus stop to Bridgetown, Pebbles Beach, and St. Lawrence Gap - 5 minutes' walk
• Taxi stand close by
• Car rental company on nearby Dayrells Road
• Sunil can recommend local taxis and car rental companies, and can arrange you a cab to and from the airport (fare approximately $20US)