4.5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 2 Kitchens, 180 Degree Views and a 'Man Cave'(47 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Beds +, 2 baths in main house with a wholly separte studio apartment below.
Since one partner is a big James Bond fan, since the view from this house is so great, and since there was only one James Bond film focused on the Bay Area we named the house after that movie, 'A View to a Kill.'
*** PLEASE: Read the description carefully, look at the floor plan picture, and preferably watch the walk-through video provided. This is NOT a traditional 4 bedroom house. It is a duplex with a three bedroom, two bath main house on top and a studio apartment (the man cave) below. There are only three 'traditional' bedrooms. The fourth 'bedroom' is the separate apartment with a hide-a-bed. The 1/2 'bedroom' is the lady cave with the futon. ***
The HOUSE features:
- UPPER (Main) Floor has Three Bedrooms, Two Baths and a bonus Sun Room we call the 'lady cave' that has a reading chair and futon couch.
- LOWER (Ground) Floor is a separate Studio apartment with its own private entrance and is complete with full kitchen and full bath. We have it set up 'man cave' style with two TV's, a pool table and hide-a-bed.
- Easy five (5) minute stroll to Doran Beach. You arrive at Doran Beach on the South end where to the left are the rocks and tide pools (at low tide) and to the right the full two miles of the beach.
- Full Southern exposure in the living room, dining area, kitchen, and Master bedroom.
- Large rear deck with seven (7) person hot tub, patio table and gas bar-b-que.
- Private rear yard behind the deck - we believe that is one of only two in the entire subdivision. Great for a little quiet time or for those of you traveling with dogs.
Our GOLF COURSE SUBDIVISION neighborhood features:
- Public golf course. Bring your clubs and play the course known lovingly as 'The poor man's Pebble Beach.' But call ahead and try to get a morning tee time so you don't get caught trying to play in the afternoon winds.
- Public restaurant and bar called the 'Bluewater Bistro.' Just a short walk withing the subdivision from our place. The views are great, especially from the bar.
- Public playground for the little ones. Next door to the bar and restaurant.
- Easy walk from our house to the beach. About 5 minutes.
The BEDROOMS feature:
- Master Bedroom has a king bed and a private bath with his/hers separate entrances, his/hers closets and vanities.
- The Master Bedroom also features its own private deck with terrific views.
- The other two bedrooms on the main level share a jack-and-jill bathroom that has two sinks. One has a queen bed and the other a king.
- Both showers on the main floor are over-sized custom tubs and have two separate shower heads - for those romantic times . . . wink. wink.
- The bonus room (the 'lady cave') has a queen futon couch. This is the 'bedroom' we call the 1/2.
- The separate studio (the 'man cave') also has a queen hide-a-bed. This is the fourth 'bedroom' but is not traditional. It is a wholly separate apartment with its own separate entrance.
The LIVING ROOM features:
- 70 inch flat screen TV.
- Sony PS3 game system, which also doubles as a Blu-Ray player. NOTE: We provide the game box and controllers but you need to bring your own games. We have just a few downloaded onto the main living room box.
- Samsung surround system with DVD / Blu-Ray player.
- Electronic Piano.
- Steel string guitar.
- Cocktail Multi-Cade: Remember Pac-Man? Remember Donkey Kong? Dig Dug? Our living room has a cocktail table arcade game (purchased new in 2012) that has 60 classic arcade games from the 1980's programmed into it. Tons of retro fun!
- Large leather sectional with built-in recliners
- Small deck with jaw-dropping Ocean, Bay and Harbor views.
The Upstairs KITCHEN features:
- Bar seating for six.
- Table seating for at least another six.
- Gas Stove.
- Dishwasher with built-in water softener for super clean dishes and glasses.
- Full size refrigerator with ice-maker.
- Large Microwave.
The Downstairs KITCHEN is much simpler:
- Small electric stove.
- Small microwave.
- A very unique mini-fridge that literally 'goes to 11.' Make sure you look closely at it when you visit.
Note: We have almost too much kitchen equipment. Just a partial list: silverware, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, two coffee makers, two teapots, two rice cookers, waffle iron, crock pot, popcorn pumper, blender, citrus juicer, cocktail shaker, shot glasses, margarita glasses, about five different cork screws, sandwich press, etc. etc.
TOT# 1221N; Quiet Hours are 10pm - 7am; five vehicle limit.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- NOT a traditional four bedroom house. There are only three traditional bedrooms in the main house. The fourth bedroom is the man cave, which is a wholly separate studio apartment with its own entrance. The '1/2 Bedroom' is the lady cave - a sun room off the main living room with a queen sized futon couch. Bedding is as follows: 2 King size beds - one in the Master bedroom and one in the Northeast bedroom. One Queen size bed in the Northwest bedroom. One Queen Futon - in the 'lady cave' / sun room. One Queen hide-a-bed - in the 'man cave' / separate studio apartment....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Music Library:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
Video Game Console:
(3) Cocktail arcade table in living room with 60 classic games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Sony PS3 in living room and man cave / studio: bring your own games because we do not provide them, but we do have a few preloaded on the living room PS3...moreless
- Video Games:
We have lots of movies recorded on the DVR, we have Blockbuster Online that you can access, and you can use your own Netflix account through either of the PS3 units. We don't stock DVDs because they tend to 'disappear.' Please bring your own....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Golf Course View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - May 30, 2017
3 night min stay
4th of July
Jun 30 - Jul 5, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 9 - Nov 13, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 17 - Nov 21, 2017
4 night min stay
Nov 22 - Nov 27, 2017
4 night min stay
Christmas / New Year's
Dec 15 - Jan 2, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $210 + tax
- Damage Insurance Waiver $49 + tax
- Tax Rate 12%
Always call (510-499-9990) for last-minute reservations. They can often be given at a discount
July / August require one week minimum when booked before June 1st. Non Holiday: Rent three or more nights during a non-holiday period and get an extra night FREE.
The minimum daily rate in July / August is $500
Two night bookings are only done within six weeks of the rental date.
Basic Rates: $600 for Friday and Saturday nights; $500 for Sunday night; $400 for Monday - Thursday
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'The Birds' was filmed here and you should definitely watch the movie on Blu-Ray during your visit. I also recommend the Osmosis spa; Dinucci's restaurant in Valley Ford for the best Minestrone we have ever had; Fresh Beef Jerky from Valley Ford Market - comes out of the smoker about 10:30am everyday; Wild Flour Bakery in Freestone; The U.C. Davis Marine Lab Friday free tour in Horseshoe Cove on Bodega Head; The Roadhouse Cafe here in town; and Sport Fishing from the Harbor
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We have been actively visiting Bodega Bay since 1993. Starting with camping at Bodega Dunes, a cool campground on the North end of the Harbor. Later on, we began renting houses. Of all the places we have visited in the world, Bodega Bay has always been at the very top of the list. We simply cannot name another place that is so close to the vibrant and exciting culture of the Bay Area that also has all of the activities here (surfing, beach combing, fishing, golf, tennis, wind surfing, hiking, bird watching, whale watching, wine tasting) while also being one of the most low-key and quiet spots you could ever find.
Why the Owner Chose Bodega Bay, CA, USA:
We are 'view' and land people. If you start with a good view on a good parcel, most other things take care of themselves. We are not into 'fancy' stuff in the home. If you have the right outlook and plenty of glass, there is no need for 'stuff' in the house, since most of your time will be spent enjoying the vistas. While we have equipped this house with many 'goodies' like large TV's, pool table and an arcade machine, we think the thing you will remember most are the great views.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One: Southern Exposure. The buildings will come and go; the windows will rot; the kitchen will need remodeling; but as far as we know, the sun isn't going anywhere. The foundation for any design is good, solid, year-round sunlight. This house has tons of it. Even the lower level studio gets year-round light. Two: A space that can ebb and flow with the needs of the occupants. When we saw that this property had an actual rear yard (we believe one of only two in the entire subdivision) and a full studio with separate entrance, we knew that this house had all of the flexibility we needed to be able to enjoy time with immediate family, with friends, and with extended family.
- Primary: 510-499-9990
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Man Cave: Watch Baseball on the 46" and Golf on the 60" all while playing pool.
Dining Room. Next to the kitchen. Dramatic views from every chair.
Living Room Reverse: Showing the 70" LCD TV and Fireplace.
NE Bedroom: Queen Bed and View of the 11th Fairway. See next photo.
NW Bedroom: King Bed and windows looking over the rear patio and back yard.
Upstairs showers are doubles with custom tubs. All new valves and heads in 2012
Living Room Detail: Kitchen and Dining Area are in the rear of the photo.
Rear Patio: Aluminum Patio Table, Gas BBQ and Seven (7) person Spa.
Man Cave Rev. Left to Right: Club Chair, HIde-a-Bed Couch and Bistro Table.
Line Drawing of the Main Floor. Shows the three decks and rear yard.
Sunroom / Lady Cave Reverse - picture taken from the hide-a-bed couch.
Other half of back yard. Spa tub is just visible up the stairs on the deck.
Main Living Area: Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings. Arcade table in front.
Rear Patio Reverse: Looking back into the Sun Room / Lady Cave.
Master Bedroom. King Bed. Private Patio with great view. Reading Chair.
NE Bedroom View - 11th Fairway and part of the back yard.
Jack and Jill Bath: Between NE and NW Bedrooms. Separate toilet / shower room.
Play 60 different classic arcade games while enjoying the amazing views.
UPSTAIRS Kitchen detail: Six bar stools and six chairs at the dining table.
The Studio / Man Cave Kitchen.
Man Cave Bathroom: Shower is sit down with steam. Like a personal sauna.
Sunroom / Lady Cave: Between Living Room and rear deck. Couch is a hide-a-bed.
Fenced Back Yard - Rare sight in Bodega Bay. Relaxation spot or dog's area.
Music Corner of Living Room. Yamaha Electric piano and steel string guitar.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.