Unforgettable Castle for an Authentic Irish Experience - Family Vacations, Weddi(2 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Castle
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Castle (sleeps up to 10) & Coach House (sleeps up to 15); can rent separately
The Castle tower is over 100 feet high and is built over five storeys, each with it's own medieval (yet comfortable) charm.
Ranked by the Sunday Times newspaper in London as among the top 50 Castles in Britain & Ireland, we are one of the most unique and authentic Castles Ireland has to offer that you can actually stay in!
Built in 1490, during the ‘Golden Age of Castle-Building in Ireland’, you can look but you will not find a better location or example of a Celtic Castle in Ireland, especially with the combination of sleeping and living accommodations offered between the Castle and the optional addition of the adjacent Coach House. (Each property can be rented separately or together, as required).
But don’t just take our word for it – read all the amazing guest reviews left over our 11 years in business.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- Max. occupancy 25
- Events Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 25, Beds for 10-25
- Castle: 1 x superking 4-poster antique bed (UK/Irish size); 3 x king beds (4-poster antique beds); 2x single (bunk beds in family bedroom). Coach House: optional extra property 2 x king (Uk/Irish size); 2 x double beds; 3 x single bunks plus 1 x double bed (underneath single bunk). Convertible sofa to a double bed in the downstairs room with en-suite. Futon & baby crib: available on request...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Each building can be rented separately if required, so rates vary accordingly. Our fantastic venue/holiday accommodation is not staffed although we have contacts for all sorts of service providers (caterers, musicians, event managers, etc.) to share with our booked guests. Organising events (even weddings) can easily be done by guests or have an event manager take care of it all. Full payment required to confirm and secure dates (industry norm here in Ireland, like buying airline tickets, etc...) Visa and Mastercard accepted. EFT bank transfer payments possible For THE most enjoyable, authentic, comfortable and memorable Irish Castle stay you could ever begin to imagine - we have it all to offer. If you like what you see so far, then there is no doubt you will LOVE Ballyhannon when you come. It's truly a very special place to be. Welcome....moreless
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Monument View:
From the Castle roof-top, you will see the closeby river (Rhine River) which gives the Castle its old name (Castlefergus, Castle on the Fergus) and this in turn leads out to the Shannon Estuary. You can see magnificent views for far and wide of farmlands, the river, the estuary and Limerick City (20 miles away). ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
The Castle dining room has seated up to 20, while the open-plan Coach House has hosted seated gatherings (including intimate weddings) for up to 70. Marquees can be erected for larger numbers....moreless
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
(4) Wood-pellet/coal/peat-burning stoves: (2) in the Castle (one in the Great Room, the other in the kitchen). The Coach House also has 2 stoves which only burn special wood-pellets (readily available)...moreless
All food tastes can be satisfied at Ballyhannon Castle! From fine-dining to BBQ to medieval food to buffets, we have an extensive list of Catering contacts/chefs available to guests on request....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
(2) Stocked with ample wares, cutlery and utencils for any self-catering holiday. We provide tea-towels, hand-towels, kitchen detergents, and some misc extras for start-off supplies for guests until they decide what they'll need for their own stay...moreless
- Pantry Items:
Deck / Patio:
(2) Patio outside the Coach House kitchen leading onto the lawn, and a large lawn area to the front of the Coach House. The Castle is surrounded by garden with seating/tables by the front entrance....moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 14 - May 31, 2017
1 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 23, 2017
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- OfflineRDD $544.74
Please contact us to allow us quote you for your own stay (share your requirements with us).
Rates can be FROM 800 p/nt, depending on variables.
Our fantastic venue/holiday accommodation is not staffed and we have great local contacts for all sorts of service providers (caterers, musicians, event managers, etc.) to share with our booked guests.
We can offer some assistance in organising your event (even weddings) for those who prefer not to do so themselves.
For couples - occasionally we can offer special discounts in low season, please enquire for more details.
Rates depend on variables (which property, length of stay, season, etc...). Please enquire for your own specific quote.
Fees are minimal if you pay us directly (call us).
Credit card and EFT bank transfer payments welcomed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
No words can describe the beauty on our doorstep, and the abundance of adventure and fun activities available. We are surrounded by Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions strategically and conveniently at the heart of the West Coast of Ireland. By pure, though indeed fortunate, historic coincidence, Ballyhannon Castle is exceptionally well located for visitors to Irish shores.
The nearest airport is 15 minutes drive, and there are 3 local villages, all within 3 miles of the Castle, 2 towns within 10 minutes and 2 cities less than 1 hours drive. The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Bunratty Castle, Blarney Castle, the Aran Islands, Dingle, Killarney, Dublin City, Galway City to name the most popular tourist attractions within easy reach.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We are the Moore family and this is our small family run business . We get pleasure in sharing the historic and national monument Castle tower with guests who come from all over the world seeking to stay somewhere authentic, Irish and very special -for an occasion, or vacation, or celebration and we enjoy seeing them make their own memories. It feels amazing to play a small part in facilitating people make their dreams come true by staying in a real Irish Castle!
Why the Owner Chose Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland:
Castles (like this) have not been built for over 500 years, so when an opportunity arose to become the owners of this rare and amazing piece of Irish history, we embraced our luck and are proud to be the owners of such a special and magical place. In addition to renting the Castle (4 bedrooms/sleeps 10+) , we can also offer a homely country Coach House (5 bedrooms/sleeps 15) on the same grounds making it ideal for large families or group/event bookings. These two buildings are sufficiently set up that they can rent separately, and they compliment each other perfectly to rent together as one large rental property.
The Unique Benefits at this Castle:
You can stay in a hotel anywhere in the world ... but how many can stay in an authentic 530 year old castle in Ireland, to have it and enjoy it, all to yourself - whatever the occasion and this is exactly what we offer - a unique and special experience for everybody to enjoy.
- Primary: +353 868145837 If phoning within Ireland 086 8145837
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Castle kitchen, just inside the front door entrance
Wedding Vows taken in the Great Room
The Great Room, taken from the south facing window
Stone Bathroom in the Castle, up beside the Great room
Master bedroom of the Coach House
Coach House TV room/downstairs bedroom; Sofa coverts to a double bed & en-suite
Sun room at Coach House
The Bar - bring your own, or have kegs installed so you can pull your own pints!
Ballyhannon Castle at dusk
The Castle Dining room (may seat up to 25 in this room)
Top Bedroom of the Castle, with amazing oak beams on the ceiling
Suit of armour in the Dining Room alcove
Fire stove area of Great Room (half way up the castle tower)
First Shower room in Castle
The Coach House, 5 bedrooms and all windows overlook the Castle
Double Bedroom in the Coach House
Main sitting room area in the Coach House (there are other seating areas too)
Another view of the Coach House sitting room (very large room) & kitchen beyond
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.