About the property
- Condo2600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
5 bedroom/4 bathroom, sleeps 13
Relax in luxury and enjoy your dream vacation! This oceanfront home has fantastic views, private beach access, wonderful decks and a unique floor plan that offers a huge, comfortable living / dining / kitchen area that is 35 feet by 24 feet. The outdoor pool is large and open May through September.
The property has 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, and amazing views of the azure water and Carolina Beach. The property is approximately 2,600 square feet. The pool is located on the property next door which is a well-maintained condo building with 2 bedroom, 2 bath units. The pool is shared with this building and is very spacious with furniture for your use. My place can can be rented with an adjacent property which would provide 10 bedrooms, 8.5 baths and 2 large living / dining / kitchen areas plus parking for 8+ cars. The parking, storage and shower areas are on the ground floor and are private to my place.
We are convenient to the fishing pier, the Boardwalk, the marina, shops, restaurants, and all the amenities of this resort village.
This home has everything you could hope for in a summer rental. Sleeps 13 in total with 1 king, 2 queens, 1 double, 1 set of bunk beds, twin bed, and a sleeper sofa. NOTE THAT WE DO NOT SUPPLY SHEETS AND TOWELS. WE CAN GIVE YOU INFORMATION ON LOCAL RENTALS IF NEEDED. There is a room set up especially for kids with sleeping for 3, TV, DVD, VCR. There is high speed wireless internet access provided for your use as well. Dining for 16 persons in the open dining / kitchen area. Brazilian cherry and tile floors, silestone counters, stainless steel appliances, a Jacuzzi tub in the master suite, and every feature you could want for your enjoyment. Lounge on the expansive, oceanfront deck and watch the dolphins swim by!
Parking for 4 to 5 vehicles. There is a private outside shower with hot and cold water and a dressing area. There is also a large grill and a small one for your use.
This home is second to none at Carolina Beach and offers features, location, views, and comfort that make Dolphin Watch a wonderful home away from home. The home is complete with 4 TVs, multiple rooms with DVD/VCR setups, and fully furnished with very nice furniture, appliances, decorations and kitchen accessories/utensils. Come stay here and find your dream spot for your next vacation.
The area surrounding Carolina Beach has many attractions and activities. The fantastic North Carolina aquarium is 10 minutes away. Fort Fisher, the last Confederate fort to fall in the Civil War, is across the street from the aquarium. The USS North Carolina Battleship, museums, and many more destinations are in Wilmington. The Boardwalk at Carolina Beach has restaurants, shops, arcades, putt putt, and other activities. In the summer there is an amusement park open at the Boardwalk area complete with rides and kid friendly activities. There are exceptional golfing opportunities nearby with over 20 golf courses, some of championship caliber and national acclaim.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
We live in northern Virginia and first visited the Carolina Beach area several years ago. We fell in love with the crystalline water, incredible Carolina blue skies, perfect weather, and the historic and hip city of Wilmington. We were fortunate to be able to find this amazing property and purchased it in the spring of 2013. We are enjoying spending time at the beach with friends and family and adding some personal touches for our guests' enjoyment.
Jill purchased this Condo in 2013
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Clean, modern, wonderfully located - what a great spot!
We had a wonderful time on our vacation. The setup was perfect for our large family, the beach access was out of this world, and the locale had everything we could want. Jill was super-responsive with minor things that came up. I highly recommend planning a vacation here - we certainly plan on coming back in the future!
Nice beach access; would pick a different house
I write this review knowing I'll probably lose my deposit which is being withheld because 2 things were broken upon arrival (see below) and I am being blamed for them.
Nevertheless, I'll take time to write this so others avoid booking here.
1) read carefully there are zero linens provided in the home. We left a lot of things in hopes other people can use them.
2) the dishwasher doesn't really clean and stopped using it after day 3.
3) house seems dirty and we hired a full-device cleaning crew on day 3.
4) washing machine is broken. On the second to last day the property owner has booked a WINDOW of time for ME to be there to have it fixed. Totally unprofessional and the owner will not reimburse our laundry expenses. Kids were sick day 2 vomiting and of course - no washer. And no clean linens. Perfect for a vacation right?
5) when I requested in advance for the house to be cleaned during our stay, owner was unhelpful with helping to arrange.
6) towel bar in one bathroom was broken upon arrival and disguised to be ok. As soon as a regular-sized towel was placed on the bar, it came crashing down. It was like a scene in Shelly Long's Money Pit
7) a cheap glass insert approx 10"x10" in middle of coffee table was cracked when we arrived. I set aside so my kids didn't get hurt. The cleaning crew we hired (because house felt below our standards) may have disposed of it or it was placed up high. This cheap glass square is apparently worth hundreds in deposit. The entire table is not worth that.
8) people living upstairs (note his house is a duplex) were very very noisy. The child runs the halls constantly. I've never heard a child run so much indoors. From 7am-10pm running.
Overall, the beach access was perfect and so was the view. Only one bedroom has a seaview. I would say this is not an up-market location.
I am glad you felt the beach access and view was perfect. There are ocean views from the entire great room and master bedroom.
I am sorry that my property disappointed you.
Some corrections :
- I refunded the security deposit in its entirety. The refund was delayed because my cleaning crew reported the broken towel rack and missing glass from the coffee table. The same crew cleans my place after each guest so they know whether there are damages attributable to the guests. However, based on Jennie's report that they did not break the towel rack, I refunded the deposit.
- We do not provide linens and I strive to clearly communicate this to my guests.
- Upon Jennie's report that the dishwasher was not cleaning properly, I had my appliance repair company diagnose and repair the issue. This was completed after Jennie's stay as she did not want the repair done during her stay.
- The property is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before each guest. Jennie did not report any specific issue, just that she felt uncomfortable.
- Unfortunately the washer repair was delayed due to a part that was on order. I offered to have the repair completed during Jennie's stay but respected her decision to delay the repair until after her stay. I do not expect guests to be present for any maintenance issue and respect their privacy should they decline maintenance. I suggested that Jennie and her group use the laundry facilities immediately next door (by the pool) but she chose instead to send laundry out and asked me to reimburse her $300 for her expenses.
- Jennie requested cleaning services to come several times during her one week stay. I referred her to my cleaners and gave her their contact information. Evidently Jennie was expecting me to arrange times and details for the cleaners, which would have been difficult for me to do not knowing Jennie's needs and preferences.
- I was not aware of the issue with the towel bar. No one had reported any issue prior to Jennie's stay.
- We located the glass after Jennie's stay. It was not broken and as mentioned above, I refunded the security deposit.
- I am sorry that the upstairs noise was upsetting. My property is a duplex and sometimes other guests are noisier than one would like. This was not reported to me so I did not have the opportunity to investigate or ameliorate the situation.
Jennie contacted me many times during her stay and I responded promptly each time. I am sorry that she had to attend to sick children.
Great Beach House
Multi- generation vacation week at the beach that everyone enjoyed. Lots of space, plenty of bathrooms and great porches with view of beach. The house has open concept kitchen, dinning room and den which makes it a pleasure to cook a meal for the entire family and still feel included with "all the activities". Thank you for sharing your beach house with our family. We plan to return next year.
we had a great time at Dolphin watch.The home is beautiful and it's very convenient to all of the attractions at Carolina beach. The owners were very helpful and quick to get back in touch with any questions we had. I would love to go back.
This was my first time visiting Carolina Beach and Dolphin Watch. The purpose of the trip was a girl's getaway and the house was a perfect fit. The main floor has three bedrooms, a very spacious living room and updated kitchen. There is a big table for dining and a large veranda with another large table. The top floor has a master and one additional bedroom both with their own bathrooms. We found the house very clean with everything we needed for a long weekend away. The walk to the beach is super quick and there is an outdoor shower for rinsing sand from feet and beach chairs. We are beach lovers so we never used the pool but it was right next door. We have already talked about renting this house again. Occasionally foot steps could be heard when on the top floor however we didn't find it bothersome. More importantly, the ocean can be heard while snoozing in the Master BR, priceless!
A VERY SPECIAL EASTER AT CAROLINA BEACH
Our Australian niece, her husband, and three young children (4,6,8) had a splendid time (April 2-6) at the magnificent Dolphin Watch. The family had arrived from Melbourne a week earlier for a two week stay in North Carolina. They were enthralled with the facility and the location. We were joined by daughter, son-in-law, and young child (4) from nearby Wilmington. The facility gives new meaning to elegance, comfort, and ease of transition. It is wonderfully equipped, spacious, welcoming - and easy access to the beach, proximity to shops (a nice walk by street or the beach), all made for a very pleasant stay. An Easter Egg hunt for the children (and some of the adults -:) was very easy and effective given the number of places to "hide" goodies. We were also fortunate to have stunning sun and moon rises, which added brilliantly to the already amazing vistas from the various balconies. When the opportunity arises we will certainly return and in the meantime highly recommend Dolphin Watch to others.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change unless confirmed by owner. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weeks are at the Fall rate. These weeks are not rented at the Winter rate. Contact the owner for more information as needed. Thank you.