Waterfront - Orchid Bay Casita 9a(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
One bedroom Casita with loft and beautiful hardwood right on the beach.
It is not located right in Corozal. It is 12 miles on bumpy, unpaved roads.
---Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City and rent a 4X4. (All agencies have them) There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx. 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide directions on request)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a dirt/gravel/bumpy road. You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. These are pretty cool as you can ask the gentlemen if it's o.k. for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay.
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire a transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$50) or rent a vehicle in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.
Member since: 2013
- 1150 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The living room has a queen sized futon.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The on-site property manager will check guests in and out, and can provide contacts for tours, excursions, and transportation services. Note: There is a single $75 per stay (not per night) cleaning/restocking fee in addition to the nightly rate. Longer term lease rates are available. Please contact us. ...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Away From It All
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Nov 17, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- One time cleaning fee $75
- Tax Rate 9%
In addition to the rental rate there will be a single $75.00 cleaning and restocking fee charged for each reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Relaxing Beach, Restaurant, Swimming Pool are on site. Paddle Boards are available to rent from the restaurant (Tradewinds Bar & Grill). High speed wireless internet is included. Laundry service is available from the on site property manager. Arrangements can be made for excursions to Maya Ruins or Cave Tubing. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are best out on one of the Islands located on the reef. Orchid Bay is pleasantly remote, yet not isolated. Corozal Town (population 10,000) is about 12 miles away, which usually takes 45 mins. because of the rough unpaved roads. While Chetumal, Mexico (the state capital of Quintana Roo Mexico, population about 260,000), is just across the Mexican border another 8 miles north of Corozal Town.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We are parents and Grandparents and love to spend time with our family. We live in the Pacific Northwest when we are not enjoying our time in Belize. We also love to travel, snorkel, read and go sailing.
Why the Owner Chose Orchid Bay (Corozal, Belize):
We purchased our Casita in Orchid Bay Belize mainly for our own use as a vacation home. We fell in love with Orchid Bay when we first visited in April of 2008 and purchased our casita pre-construction. It was completed in December of 2010. We are not yet able to be there for more than a few months a year and so are making it available for others to enjoy when we are not using it.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The rest and relaxation we enjoy when we are here make it very hard to leave. We chose Belize because of the ease of getting there from the USA. The people are so friendly and almost all of them speak English. It is a beautiful warm area. Watching the sun set from our porch with the warm scrumptious tropical breezes floating by is beyond description. Make sure you try an Apple Banana in Belize they are the best!
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Casita 9A from the water.
Hand painted bathroom sink
Loft- 2nd Bedroom
Loft (2nd Bedroom)
View North from Porch
View North from Casita
Water tower with observation deck
Beach and Wading area
Pull up the lawn chairs and enjoy one of the amazing sunsets from our Casita.
Kitchen and Bar
Kitchen and Loft
Loft Queen Bed
Living Room Entertainment
View South from Porch
View South from Castia
View of the Casita Village from the Water tower.
Ferry to Orchid Bay
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, April 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.