Waterfront - Orchid Bay Casita 9a
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Orchid Bay is a resort community located on a protected cove on the beautiful Bay of Chetumal in northern Belize. Casita 9A is an 1150 sqft 2 bedroom (one is a loft) one bath home with complete kitchen, air conditioning, and a large screened in porch right on the waterfront. It has beautiful Belizean hardwood ceilings, loft walls, and furniture. The use of our 2 Bicycles and DVD movies are included. (No television channels are available yet.)
It is not located right in Corozal. It is 12 miles on bumpy, unpaved roads
---Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City and rent a 4X4. (All agencies have them) There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx. 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide a map)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a dirt/gravel/bumpy road. You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. These are pretty cool as you ask the gentlemen if it's o.k. for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
b) Take the paved Northern Highway to Orange Walk. Then turn to San Esteban, Little Belize and then to Orchid Bay.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay.
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire a transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$45) or rent a vehicle in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.
Member since: 2013
- 1150 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The living room has a queen sized futon.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The on-site property manager will check guests in and out, and can provide contacts for tours, excursions, and transportation services. Note: There is a single $75 per stay (not per night) cleaning/restocking fee in addition to the nightly rate. Longer term lease rates are available. Please contact us. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- One time cleaning fee $75
- Tax Rate 9%
In addition to the rental rate there will be a single $75.00 cleaning and restocking fee charged for each reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Restaurant, Swimming Pool are on site. Paddle Boards are available to rent from the restaurant (Tradewinds Bar & Grill). High speed wireless internet is included. Laundry service is available from the on site property manager. Arrangements can be made for excursions to Maya Ruins or Cave Tubing. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are best out on one of the Islands located on the reef. Orchid Bay is pleasantly remote, yet not isolated. Corozal Town (population 10,000) is about 12 miles away, which usually takes 45 mins. because of the rough unpaved roads. While Chetumal, Mexico (the state capital of Quintana Roo Mexico, population about 260,000), is just across the Mexican border another 8 miles north of Corozal Town.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We are parents and Grandparents and love to spend time with our family. We also love to travel, snorkel, read and go sailing.
Why the Owner Chose Orchid Bay (Corozal, Belize):
We purchased our Casita in Orchid Bay Belize mainly for our own use as a vacation home. We fell in love with Orchid Bay when we first visited in April of 2008 and purchased our casita pre-construction. It was completed in December of 2010. We are not yet able to be there for more than a few months a year and so are making it available for others to enjoy when we are not using it.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The rest and relaxation we enjoy when we are here make it very hard to leave. We chose Belize because of the ease of getting there from the USA. The people are so friendly and almost all of them speak English. It is a beautiful warm area. Watching the sun set from our porch with the warm scrumptious tropical breezes floating by is beyond description. Make sure you try an Apple Banana in Belize they are the best!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Large Tiled Walk-In Shower
Kitchen and Loft
Loft Queen Bed
Living Room Entertainment
View South from Porch
View North from Casita
Water tower with observation deck
Beach and Wading area
Casita 9A from the water.
Hand painted bathroom sink
Kitchen and Bar
Loft- 2nd Bedroom
Loft (2nd Bedroom)
View North from Porch
Sunset from the Casita porch!
View South from Castia
View North from the water tower
Ferry to Orchid Bay
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM