Beautiful, Affordable Beachfront House and Studio Apartment(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2BR + 2BA-Sleeps 6, or 3 BR + 3 BA- Sleeps 8, Montanita #482641
This is a beautiful, freshly renovated (Oct 2014), 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath house (or add the Studio for 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath option) right on a gorgeous, wide Pacific beach moments away from the action of Montanita. Enjoy a fun-filled, relaxing Ecuadorian vacation with plenty of amenities--and all this at bargain rates! We also offer the use of a local cell phone during your stay, programmed with my number, taxis, tour companies, restaurant delivery, and other helpful local contact info. Housekeeping and personal laundry are also available during your stay for an additional fee, depending on your needs. The internet speed is fast and reliable, so you can stay in touch with people at home.
Curia is a quiet, peaceful little town 2 km (1mi.) north of Olon, 5 km, (3 mi.) north of Montanita, 184 km (114 miles) from Guayaquil. It is a 2.5 hour drive by car or 3 hours by convenient, comfortable express bus from Guayaquil and the Int'l airport.
Montanita is famous for its great surfing beach, fun nightlife with excellent restaurants, bars and shopping. Good beach breaks, surfing, and surfing lessons can also be enjoyed right in front of the house! The beach is gently sloping, so that the close-in surf is gentle and safer for children. Huge upstairs deck is perfect for dining and parties, providing long views up and down the beach. Enjoy breakfast on the balcony, watch whales when they come through, and watch the sunset over dinner! There are two small convenience stores in Curia and two fresh produce trucks that park 10 meters (35 feet) from the house 6 days a week, offering a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh-caught fish is sold on the beach. There is also a very good restaurant and little bar nearby on the beach that serves typical Ecuadorian foods, fresh fruit smoothies, cocktails, etc. Perfect for those lazy beach days. For more information please call US (925)998-1019 and ask for Matt.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- The beach house master bedroom has a queen size bed, and connects to a huge deck with a 180 degree view of the pacific ocean and the extensive beach. The deck is furnished with a table and four chairs...perfect for enjoying food and drinks at sunset! The beach house guest bedroom has a double bed, two twin beds, and a window with an ocean view. The studio apartment has a double size bed, and also has a window with a limited ocean view (through the trees and greenery) that can be rented for an additional fee. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Cell phone, broadband internet with WiFi throughout the house and studio; Curia now has a small restaurant serving food and beverages right on the beach. Fresh caught fish is sold, usually once a day, on the beach...just give them a wave and they will come and offer you the catch of the day. There are also fresh vegetables sold just steps from the house, usually 2-3 times during the week. Most of the other items you might need during your stay are sold at various locations in Curia, all in easy walking distance. In nearby Montanita there are two ATMs, a bank, lots of shops and street venders, and many excellent restaurants. Beach house has a fully equipped kitchen and living room with DVD player, DVD library, large monitor, CD player/radio with ipod dock. If the calendar is full for your desired dates, please contact us for possible cancellations or availability of the studio apartment located on the property....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
Dishes & Utensils:
Beach house is stocked with all the necessary pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. A blender is also provided. The studio apartment is stocked with a small assortment of plates, cups, and utensils....moreless
The beach house includes a gas stove, full size fridge, drinking water w/dispenser, coffeemaker. The studio apartment includes a microwave, mini fridge, drinking water w/dispenser, coffeemaker....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Season 2017
Jan 1 - May 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 24 - Dec 31, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $50
- Taxes Not included
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Rates include clean towels and sheets each week. To add studio apartment (3rd BD, 3rd BA) for a party larger than 6 guests, please inquire for availability and rates.
HOLIDAY RATES: The following holidays are an additional $20/night....Jan. 1-3, Feb 5-9, March 24-27, April 29-May 1.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
View of house from the beach
Downstairs front porch with hammocks, BBQ, and seating area.
View from front door of the living room area
Dining Room area
Master bedroom view towards the beach and balcony.
View from the upstairs balcony.
View of 2nd bedroom double bed.
2nd bedroom view of the other twin bed.
View looking north at low tide...
View from inside the front gate.
View from front door of kitchen and dining room area.
Living Room area
View of balcony from upstairs landing.
Master bedroom view from the balcony doors.
Master bedroom balcony overlooking the beach
2nd bedroom view of first twin bed.
Looking south during low tide...you can see Montanita's Point in the distance!
Studio Apartment Bathroom
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.