About the property
- House1750 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 9-11)
Beautiful Year Round Beulah Home with view of Crystal Lake! One Block to Crystal Lake Public Beach/Park and downtown Beulah. Several shops and restaurants as well as a bowling alley are just a short walk away. The Betsie Valley Trail, a 22 mile bike and hike trail from Thompsonville to Frankfort, runs right through town.
Beulah is a great central location for both winter and summer vacations. From skiing, snowmobiling, and skating to golfing, swimming, and fishing, it's all minutes away. Beulah is approximately thirty minutes to Traverse City, ten minutes to Lake Michigan and ten minutes to Crystal Mountain.
No Smoking, Please.
Keywords: cottage, rental, vacation
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
Why Bob Pietrantonio chose Beulah
Fishing, Swimming, Tubing, Running, Biking, Golfing, Sunshine, and Fresh Air
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
I love being there.
There is always everything one could want to be comfortable. It is close to town, beach,
and all the activities and places one would enjoy visiting.
Awesome location and town!
Salmon Chasers 2016
Where does the time go? Just last Tuesday we were fishing the Betsie in a raucous thunderstorm. The fishing was pretty bad. I'm not going to lie about it. I think we were a bit early this year. There were some fish in the river but the numbers seemed very low. Even the dead spawned out salmon were almost nonexistent. Hard to plan a trip a year out when so many conditions contribute to the salmon runs. I've never heard the phrase "That's why they call it fishing and not catching" more than this year. However, being fishermen, we know to have a plan B and sometimes C, and D to offset any fishing woes.
Five guys this trip and it was the 29th year we've been coming up here. Almost Home is the perfect launch pad for our activities and excursions for the week. If you want the perfect trip follow these rules.
1. Bring all your fishing equipment (All of it!) You have piers, docks, rivers, and lakes. Wednesday evening, 3 of us went down to the Crystal Lake fishing dock and caught about a 100 Rock Bass.
2. Bring bikes. You’re sitting on top of the Bestie Valley Trail. You’re halfway between Frankfort and Thompsonville. It’s a 20 mile round trip from the house to Frankfort and back. Awesome views following Crystal Lake then the Betsie River and finally the big water in Frankfort. We rode to the Stormcloud Brewery in Frankfort for a couple of pints before heading back. Plan for 2 hours of ride time. Stop and have some fun! You could easily spend a half day or more in the bike friendly town of Frankfort.
3. Bring Kayaks. A little more tricky because you’ll need a chase vehicle but worth it! Put in above the dam or on river road. I would not launch to go downstream at the dam in the fall. You’ll have to pass about a 100 people and there is a portage this year about a ½ mile down. If you’re quiet you’ll see tons of birds, Bald Eagles, and waterfowl. We packed the rods and caught a nice salmon and some rainbow trout.
4. Bring your golf clubs. We didn’t this year but in years past we tore it up. There are some great golf courses up here (Pinecroft, Crystal MT.) to challenge any level of play. Plus, the views are amazing.
5. Bring your camera. And I’m not talking a cell phone. You could spend an entire day or week just getting some fantastic shots.
We cooked every day at the house. Between the kitchen and the grill you have everything that you need to eat like royalty. The Shop and Save store in Benzonia (couple miles away) is stocked with some great prov
Wonderful winter get away!
Our time spent at the Almost Home rental property was wonderful. The cottage was lovely and spacious. All the amenities were well maintained. Owners provided excellent customer service! Everything was clean and updated. It is located in a lovely town but also very close to other communities. We would highly recommend this property!
X marks the spot / A river runs near it
5 guys trying our best to catch some King salmon in the Betsie river. The house was perfect for us, the fishing not so much. It was unseasonably warm and the run was late. Plan B... Enjoy the house, weather, and the surrounding area. Being fishermen we knew to pack our other hobbies for when the bite was slow. This year we brought bikes and kayaks and man did we enjoy them.
The Betsie Valley Trail can be caught right down from "pass out" hill. You'll love flying down it (30mph+ on a bike!) but coming back up you'll know why we called it "pass out" hill. You'll either pass out or have to change your underwear. It's crazy steep, but tons of fun. We biked several days from Benzoinia to Frankfort. (20 miles round trip). The trail is nicely maintained and has great views of Crystal Lake and the Betsie River. Frankfort is a great town for people watching, shopping, or having a couple of cold brews (especially at StormCloud). They even have a bike rack! One guy in our group put 60 miles on his bike in a week.
The kayaking was equally impressive. Miles and miles of great water to explore. Easy ins and outs close to the house. It's hard to describe how quiet nature can be. It's really the reason we get away. Sure it's great to catch fish but standing immersed in clean cool water really recharges the batteries and erases stress. I highly recommend it.
We grilled everyday, had campfires, sat outside, and enjoyed the last remaining days of summer. The house was fantastic. All the comforts of home and more set inside the laid back, picturesque town, of Michigan's great up north.
Next year we'll be adding the boat and golf clubs and renting for a month (Just kidding ladies, or are we? :)
Nice vacation spot!
I enjoyed our stay very much and would love to return next year. My son, his wife and my three grandchildren came with us and we had plenty of room. The house had everything we needed for the week; linens, dishes, etc. No need to tote the kitchen supplies or linen closet - loved that! The cookware was clean and there was plenty of pots and pans. Most of the rooms had ceiling fans and the bathroom shower was great - plenty of hot water. Loved the washer/dryer because I didn't need to launder loads of laundry when we got home (shoudn't have packed as much as I did because it wasn't necessary). The house was less than a five minute walk down the hill to Crystal Lake (town/restaurants). It was about a 10 minute drive to Frankfort and a 30 minute drive to Traverse City. The weather wasn't the best during our week but there was plenty to do. I loved the bike path and the little city park down by the water. The kids rented paddle boards and had a blast. Overall a great vacation spot!