Tappahannock Riverfront Estate Home on the Scenic Rappahannock(20 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
This is also a dream destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The property has lots of grassy waterfront yard for games and has a private pier if you like fishing or want to bring your kayaks and canoes. The river is a popular spot for bald eagles and Essex is one of the top five counties in the state for breeding pairs. Chances of spotting an eagle while visiting are fairly good. Tidewater Manor is located in the center of the Rappahannock River Valley National Wildlife Refuge and its Hutchinson Trail, right across the street, offers accessible fishing and nature trails as well as excellent wildlife viewing opportunities.
A couple miles up the road you can catch a round of golf at Hobbs Hole Golf Course. If antiquing is your thing, you’ll find Tappahannock has several shops you’ll want to visit. And Essex Movie Theatre might be of interest on that occasional rainy day.
Beyond the town you’ll find yourself surrounded by an area rich in our country's history. The area offers, great restaurants, wineries, state parks, and historical sites—including Stratford Hall Plantation (home of Robert E. Lee) and George Washington's Birthplace—all within a short driving distance.
Located just an hour north of Richmond/Williamsburg VA, and an hour and a half south of the Washington, DC beltway, Tidewater Manor is great for family vacations, family/friend reunions, and more.
Walmart: 3.4 Miles
Food Lion: 3.8 Miles
Lowes: 4 miles
TERMS AND FEES:
RENTAL FEE AND DEPOSIT:
• A 50 percent deposit is required to reserve the property with the balance due 30 days prior to the arrival date. If balance is not received 30 days of arrival, property will be relisted and a refund will only be issued if the property can be subsequently re-rented for dates originally reserved.
• A $150 property damage deposit is required and is payable 30 days prior to arrival. If there are no damages, a refund will be issued within one week following departure date. Damages exceeding $150 are the sole responsibility of the renter.
• To save both the hassle of the damage deposit and provide protection against damages expenses, renters can elect to purchase damage protection through VRBO instead of paying the damage deposit. The price is $49 up to $1500 in damages but is not refundable. Contact owner to purchase this coverage. Evidence of this coverage needs to be submitted along with balance of rental fee 30 days prior to arrival.
Vacation rentals are limited to 12 people. The property, premises and restrooms inside are for use by registered guests only. Please contact the owner for events or planned gatherings exceeding this limit.
• Renters are expected to leave the home as found including washing towels and linens on the morning of departure. Please ask to view the check-out check-list when making reservations.
• CHECK IN/OUT: Unless other arrangements are made in advance, Check In on day of arrival is after 4:00 PM and Check Out on day of departure is before 11:00 AM.
• PETS: Small dogs will only be permitted with prior authorization and a signed pet addendum. A pet deposit may apply. SORRY, NO CATS.
• FIREPLACES: Are NOT operational and cannot be used.
• INTERNET: Service is NOT offered, however, most smart phones can be activated (often at no charge) as a wireless, personal hotspot to provide internet to your other devices and only takes a quick call to your cell phone service provider to activate.
• PAYMENTS: Transactions are done via check and US mail.
AGREEMENT: In order to reserve desired dates, the deposit along with a signed rental agreement (and pet addendum if applicable) are required.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 3400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Property has private pier.
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
NO INTERNET SERVICE ON SITE. However, most smartphones can be activated (some at no charge) as a wireless, personal hotspot to provide internet to your other devices. Check with your service provider....moreless
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
Bath towels are provided, however, guests should bring beach towels for out-of-doors use. Guests are welcome to bring their own towels/linens to avoid washing towels/linens on departure morning. ...moreless
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Season Rentals
Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Apr 1 - Sep 14, 2017
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $150
- Taxes Not included
Will consider two-night rentals with $50/night premium (Fall/Winter season). Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Located in the heart of historic Virginia. Centrally located between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA. When you’re not enjoying waterfront activities, take a day cruise on the Captain Thomas, visit Stratford Hall, or take in a wine tasting at one of the area’s many wineries.
Year Purchased: 2014
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Centrally located between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA, you can get away from it all without spending a fortune and half your vacation getting there! Pack up the car, grab the kids and in an hour or two you’ll be nestled into this spacious residence enjoying the fantastic views of widewater Rappahannock River.
- Primary: 8045145001
Links to more information:
Tappahannock's Tidewater Manor is a spacious and comfortable waterfront estate.
Located on Tappahannock's gold coast, you're just minutes to shops and eateries.
Bedroom 1: Downstairs Master, has king bed with private bath w/ shower (no tub
Full bath (in bedroom 1) has shower, no tub.
Full bath (in bedroom 2) has shower, no tub.
Full bath (in bedroom 3) has shower, no tub.
Bedroom 5: Upstairs, has queen size bed and shares bath with bedroom 4.
Bedroom 6: Upstairs, has twin bed with pull out trundle and private full bath.
Pier showing steps to water. Sandy bottom and beach at low tide.
It's not uncommon to spot an eagle on the property.
Formal dining room
Four season porch has great view of the river.
Full bath (in bedroom 1) has double vanity.
Bedroom 2: Upstairs Master, has king bed with private full bath.
Bedroom 3: Upstairs, has two twin beds with private full bath
Bedroom 4: Upstairs, has two twin beds and shares full bath with bedroom 5.
Full bath (shared by bedrooms 4 & 5) has tub with shower.
Full bath (in bedroom 6) has tub, no shower.
Panoramic view of waterfront and pier
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Monday, December 05, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees