About the property
- House2400 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
4 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom, Poolside Retreat, Vineyards, Mountains, And Tranquility
Nestled in the heart of Sonoma's famous Alexander Valley, this four acre poolside retreat offers beautiful mountain and vineyard views, a gourmet kitchen, fireplace, large swimming pool, hot tub, bbq, play structure, and much, much more.
Parents Relax: the large salt-water pool is chemical free and comes with a PIN coded motorized security cover, so that everyone can relax and enjoy the surrounding views, gardens, swings and wildlife set in a tree lined amphitheater.
Set in four acres this retreat offers the perfect indoor outdoor experience, modern amenities (inc Sonos digital music system, unlimited Internet, PS3 and TVs) in a beautiful tranquil setting. Starling's Rest is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle, and ideal as a home base for enjoying the many outstanding and exceptional attractions that Sonoma County offers. Enjoy charming and historic Healdsburg, the artisans and restaurants of Windsor, Geyserville, Cloverdale; Sonoma Lake for Boating, Russian River for Kayaking. And of course all the famed vineyards of Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Russian River Valley are on your doorstep.
- Healdsburg and other winery towns
- Dozens of Vineyards and Wineries
- Golf Courses
- Coppola Winery Resort
- Russian River - for tubing and Kayaking
- Sonoma Lake - for boat rental, water skiing, tubing, pontoon boats, walks
- Sky Diving at the Cloverdale Airport
- River Rock Casino
The house is a spacious four-bedroom, three-bathroom, ranch house featuring a great room with a large granite island centerpiece. The gourmet kitchen comes complete with high-end appliances, including Viking range, Fisher Paykel double oven, and the convenience of a microwave, warming draw, dishwasher and all the accoutrements you need -- this is the perfect place to entertain and release your inner foodie.
Your dining options extend outside with a large cedar 10-seat dining table on the expansive front deck overlooking the valley’s vineyards and mountains, and the back deck too, which enjoys its own views of oaks, redwoods and a recessed hot-tub. There's also an additional viewing patio just above the pool, perfect for that sunset cocktail.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 02, 2018
Small family, who love to get away to Cloverdale. The girls ask 'is it Clover day?' meaning are we going to the house this weekend.
Pam purchased this House in 2006
Why Pam chose Cloverdale
We were struck by this property for is views across Alexander Valley, and for the secluded rear nestled in an amphitheater surrounded by Oaks. Asti is between Cloverdale and Geyserville, two lovely small towns, with wine at their heart without pretensions.
What makes this House unique
If you can, go to the Cloverdale live music Friday Nights. If arriving on a Friday get here early and start your stay with music, food and art. The house and grounds offers a great retreat for families, lots of exploring to be done, and a lawn for games, a pool for fun games and swimming. There are lots of places to enjoy the peace and quiet.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful place for families
We escaped to this property to seek refuge during the record breaking heat wave. Pretty close to civilzation but feels very off the grid. We (3 families and 3 kids aged 3 - 5) loved our stay and will def. come back next year.
- Property mgmt is responsive.
- Spacious, nice kitchen, reasonablly stocked with pots, pans, dishes, cups, and some spices, etc.
- A/C, hot tub, pool, well maintained lawn
- Lots of plastic wear for outdoor eating and for children.
- Sonos speakers throughout the house
- Clean pack n play in the closet to use
Minor / helpful things to know beforehand:
- Kitchen is stocked w/ some but not others. (Had salt but no sugar; handsoap but no dish soap; coffee maker but no filter that fit the machine, etc. We left a bag of coffee filter and our dishsoap, so future guests can enjoy. The closest grocery store is about about 12 - 15 min. drive, so it wasn't too bad to make a store run).
- Not whole lot of kid friendly toys, games, or movies (we brought our own).
- Strict warning about not using the A/C all day -- I didn't know A/C could freeze up if you use it all day long. We followed the instructions and turned it off at night.
- Play structure is functional but it's a bit worn down. It's fine and kids loved to swing but it's a big rickety.
- Limited internet usage. There's strict warning about overusage charge. Everyone just used their phones and we brought a bunch of movies to watch. The house has PS3 to play DVDs.
- Outdooar patio string lights no longer work. We couldn't figure out how to use speakers on the patio.
- Fridge is nice and big but it takes forever to make ice. We ended up buying a bag of ice from the store, because we ran out of ice on Day 3.
- Pool is great but the shallow end is pretty limited. Watch your kids.
- Master bedroom could use a king size bed instead of queen.
- Pillow are a bit worn out but beddings were overall decent. Not 5 star Ritz Carlton quality but not 1 star motel 6 either. It was fine and clean.
The views were beautiful and the pool was amazing. My only problem with the house was the lack of a basic stocked kitchen. No proper cooking oils, salt and pepper, foil or anything... so be well prepared and packed for that! But overall we loved our stay there.
Thank you for taking the time to review our vacation home. It's correct that we do not leave kitchen staples in any way except garbage bags. - Pam
The property is beautiful and just as advertised. Well furnished and perfect for our family.
Well come back for certain
Perfection: A roomy, gorgeous and comfortable stay
My boyfriend and I had a quiet weekend away with several of our friends and were awestruck when we pulled up to the house. The view of the lush green canyon from the front patio was gorgeous. Inside - a spacious, comfy home with a great Sonos speakers for your music/mood. The kitchen was super well-stocked for cooking and entertaining. If you want this home for a summer getaway BOOK NOW or hold your peace! :)
Great place for families. Beautiful views. Very clean. Large kitchen. Would definitely stay again.
Wonderful home for extended family long weekend
We stayed here with our extended family (my wife and two children, parents and sister and her husband) over Thanksgiving. It was the perfect setup and we were all very comfortable. The kitchen is HUGE and great for cooking. Outdoors was great too and the kids really enjoyed running around even though it was too chilly for the swimming pool. Pretty convenient to the Cloverdale downtown and not too far from Healdsburg as well. All in all, a great get-a-way for us and one we'll definitely consider again!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Contractual booking deposit: 50% rent This is a managed property. The service is excellent, giving you peace of mind.