Les Golfes del Molí are apartment conversions of the old mill in the village of Alòs de Balaguer. Please contact us about our long-term deals.
The village swimming pools are 50m away from the apartments. We provide for entrance to the swimming pools at a price of 1€ for each person per day. Swimming pools open during Summer only.
The apartments are located in a peaceful rural setting on the banks of the river Segre, at the foothills of El Montsec mountain range in the region known as "La Noguera" in Catalonia, Northeast Spain, near the Gorges of Mu, Mont-Rebei and Terradets.
Each apartment sleeps 4 people.
The territory hosts some of the finest sport climbing sites in Europe set amongst a stunning landscape of gorges, valleys and water reservoirs (See Lleida Climbs by Pete O'Donovan and Dani Andrada for up to date information). Nearby crags are in Alòs de Balaguer and Camarasa. Other crags also in the vicinity are Terradets, Santa Linya, Tartareu, Os de Balaguer, Vilanova de Meia and many others.
If you come with your family, and for those who are not into rock climbing, activities available in the area are open air sports such as hiking, MTB, all kind of water sports, sport fishing, caving and birdwatching.
Other leisure activities include wine tastings (D.O. Costers del Segre produced in the area), visits to archaelogical sites, visits to paleontological sites, and stargazing. The area of El Montsec was granted the certification of Starlight Reserve and Tourist Destination for the quality of its starlit night sky nearly free of light pollution. Right in the middle of el Montsec there is an astronomy center with two telescopes and a planetarium which organises regular weekly visits.
Each apartment has:
- One bedroom with a double bed (bed linen is provided for)
- One bedroom with twin beds (bed linen is provided for)
- The fully equipped kitchen has a cooker with vitroceramic hobs, a multifunction electric oven, a fridge/freezer, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery, a microwave, and laundry facilities.
- A bathroom with a bath tub and shower (towels are provided for)
- The living/dining area with panoramic views over the river Segre has a 32' flat screen TV, a DVD player, free WiFi, air conditioning, sofas, a dining area that seats four people, and a fireplace.
- Central heating
- Parking space only for one car if the first-floor apartment is taken then the travelers must park the car outside, there is plenty of space nearby the apartments
The property is cleaned prior to each visit.
For those who want to relax after a fun day out in the sun, the village outdoor swimming pools, which are within a 2 minute walk from the apartments, open from end of June until mid-September.
El Molí restaurant next to the apartments offers locally grown organic produce.
Airports close by are Barcelona El Prat (an 1h30min drive) and Reus Aiport (an 1h30min drive). Lleida Airport, the closest airport 45 miles away, operates charter flights mainly, from Birmingham, Bristol, Southampton, London-Gatwick, Manchester and Belfast, by Thomas Cook and Flybe.