Philothea Guest House, consists of 4 independent apartments, A1, B1, A2, B2, two of them in the gound floor ( where 4-5 persons can sleep ) and 2 of them on the first floor ( where 6-7 persons can sleep). Ideal located on the top of the hill, very peaceful , recent construction, magnificent breathtaking Seaview from 400 meters altitute, absolute privacy & serenity, with the closest building at 200 meters away, well protected from North , South and West winds, only natural materials used such as stone & wood , shelf controlled heating , cooling & hot water from ecological source (geothermie), reducing the emission of CO2, with no use of petrol, xeric garden needs limited water
- House753 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 nights
TRADITIONAL & ECOLOGICAL STONE HOUSES WITH AMAZING SEA VIEW
- english, german, greek
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 16, 2018
Why GEORGE chose Drosopigi
Quite place, amazing view, small house, traditional stone house with ecological heating and cooling system, geothermie, just 8 minutes from the most beautiful beach
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
BELOW SENT TO OWNERS who admitted many of the points, refused to give a refund and only offered instead a free night! As if we would go back!!!
The residence disappointed us in very many ways. Below you may read for yourselves the reasons - ranging from annoying to unacceptable!
1. Entrance, kitchen and living room area had an awful unbearable stench. Eventually my husband realized that your kitchen sink must be leaking as the stench is from that cupboard. I removed the 4 mouldy place mats and 2 mouldy cork boards to the upper room to dry.
2. Mouldy bath edge which was not nice to see when bathing.
3. Inconsistent hot water - at times there was none at all.
4. Inconsistent water pressure - it would drop suddenly.
5. No coffee filters or napkins.
6. Electricity cuts on 2 of the 3 days. The electricity technician who came said that your residence has a fault and not the local supply.
7. Fire wood was wet so starting a fire was very difficult.
8. No tea towels
9. 3rd bed unmade - the bed was closed and the sheets left for us to make it up.
10. Dangerous metal on road/path to room. After parking on arrival one of my kids got their foot caught on the metal base laid down for the construction of the road that has now eroded…more cement must be laid to prevent accidents.
11. No kitchen mat at sink - since the kettle leaks when pouring the floor was constantly wet.
12. Flooded fridge - it had been set at No. 1 and freezer dripped water everyone including into our breakfast tray.
13. Clear see-through glass on WC window so if you forgot to close shutter then other guests saw you on the loo! No natural light when shutter closed.
14. Toilet flush system sticks in on-suite WC - we had to unstick it every time the kids flushed otherwise it continued to fill with water without stopping.
15. Phone for help often unanswered - with the 2nd electricity cut neither of the 2 numbers picked-up.
16. Last but not least! In the upper room there is a MOUSE or MICE, RAT OR RATS….the noise kept us awake every night ‼! On the phone you told us that it was a ferret on the roof and that anyway someone would check our room (A2) to see about our claims. No-one came! Since I grew up in a farm I can tell the difference between roof noises and room noises. The noises consistently came from the extra 1st floor room that has ladders leading to it.
Thank you for your remarks, which make us take corrective actions and provide higher services to our guests.
Most of the above mentioned points have been resolved or never happened.
It is quite normal that there are guests who are not satified by their stay, However, we are and will CONTINUE trying hard to maintain the highest rating from our guests , as at thIS moment is thefact.
Thank you again for making us trying harder.
"The stay in Driosopigi v...
"The stay in Driosopigi village was a holiday of the dreams. Breath-taking view was one of the best I have ever seen in my life. The clear see water on quiet beaches was an other plus. The place is suitable for romantic trip of couples as well as for families with kids. The hospitality of all people we met and fantastic food made us think that we will for sure come again to the same place. This is unique place with unrepeatable atmosphere! George - the owner - is very nice and was helping with anything we needed. Also the information about the possibilities of entertainmen in the area are provided and helpful. We have fallen in love with this place! I recommend the stay to those who are looking for something really special!"
thank you for the comments
glad to see you again
"The nicest is the view o...
"The nicest is the view on the Skoutari bay in teh evening from the terrace. The major drawback are the 7 kil of windy road to get there. This house is the only facing south, the rest of the village built on the other shoulder of the mountain. Nice view but it gets hot on the terrace in summer."
Un hébergement en pleine campagne avec vue sur mer, silence et nature à volonté
Un hébergement de qualité, bien entretenu. Literie confortable, un équipement cuisine plutôt sommaire. Avons été décontenancés par le descriptif du site Abritel qui n'est pas clair de notre point de vue. On croit louer une grande maison alors qu'il s'agit d'un appartement avec une chambre avec lit double et une pièce de séjour avec deux lits simples. Le nombre de couchages et de salles de bain annoncé est pour l'ensemble des appartements. Accueil à la taverne du village très sympa et cuisine traditionnelle simple et de qualité. Heureusement car sinon, il faut 20 bonnes minutes pour rejoindre Gythion. L'accès en voiture est difficile : escarpé et chemin non carrossé. Il faut être vigilant !! La vue imprenable sur la mer est un vrai cadeau.
Accès difficile, propriétaire totalement absent, appartement bruyant , chats et chiens omniprésents
Aucun accueil , robinets et douche juste un filet d’eau , accès très difficile sans panneaux d’indication, accès escalier très dangereux , la nuit bruits de meubles ou chaises par les locataires au dessus , manque insonorisation. À ne pas conseillé !!!
Nous avons passé un agréable séjour chez Georges qui sait se rendre disponible en cas de problème.
Nous avons un peu cherché dans le village pour trouver l'accès à la location qui se fait par un chemin rocailleux.
La vue est magnifique, le calme règne. Seul petit bémol peu de vaisselle et petit frigo.
•Follow the route from Athens, on the New National Road Athens - Korinthos (approx. 80 km, 40 minutes)
•then, follow the New National Road Athens - Tripolis (approx. 80 km, 40 minutes)
•then, follow the National Road Tripoli - Spartis ( approx. 50 km, 30 minutes)
•then, follow the Road Sparti - Gythion (approx. 45 km, 45 minutes)
•then, before entering Gythion, please follow the Areopolis direction
•finally, turn left towards Skoutari; before reaching Skoutari turn right on the top of the hill to reach Drosopigi village (follow the signs)
Local cuisine, Diro caves, Maniot towers, beautiful beaches, desert old village at 800 meters, old water spring, church with handpaintings of 1863, visiting old traditional oil press, old castle at thew top of the hill
Rates & Availability
tarif dégressif en fonction de la durée, tarif en fonction du nombre de personnes, caution demandée, acompte/arrhes à la réservation, remise des clés par le propriétaire non présent sur placeriétaire, propriétaire non présent sur place