3 SOUTH 1ST STREET. Short 1/4 block to the beach! Lovely and very comfortable raised rancher. Fresh and pretty 3 Bedrooms and 2 baths. Every amenity, including Wireless Internet, for your enjoyment. Bedroom #1 has Queen, Bedroom #2 has a Double Bed and a Day Bed with a pull-out. Bedroom #3 has 2 Twins. Central air conditioning, plus washer, dryer, dishwasher. Sunny wrap around deck. Excellent yard area and parking. No Smoking, No pets. Sleeps 8. Rents Sunday to Sunday.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay3 nights
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, sleeps 8.
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 5, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
2 weeks in August 2018
- Very good location and close to ocean access walkway.
- Kitchen well stocked w/ clean dishes, pots, pans, etc.
- Clean refrigerator, washer and dryer; all worked well.
- Good ac system through out house
- Bathrooms clean and everything worked.
- Bedrooms and linens clean and mattresses comfortable.
- Owner responsive via Home Away when issues arose.
- Kids loved the swings and outdoor shower.
- ANTS – in kitchen cabinets, walls, floor; in dining room – on chairs and carpet; in living room and front door.
- Really dirty kitchen floor – we scrubbed it for 1 ½ hrs.
- Burnt out lite bulbs all over the house + non working electric sockets, esp in bedrooms. Owner did send someone over the next day w/ more light bulbs after we wrote to him via Home Away.
- Water had foul sulfur taste and smell in kitchen and 2 bathrooms. We had to purchase bottled water.
- Railing on deck across from front door needs to be fortified.
- Electric sockets and lamps and lite switches in bedrooms need to be checked.
- Too many weeds, grasses, catus plants to play anything in back yard.
- A nice, older cottage that needs a coat of paint and some work to be really lovely again.
Great beach cottage
We loved our stay at Avery Cottage. The location is perfect. Just steps to the beach and minutes to stores and restaurants. The house was very clean and well appointed. Would definitely stay there again.
This place is in a fabulous location and the deck is wonderful! The inside is adequate(room sizes are good & clean). Living room is a little tired, new slip covers along with fresh paint would do the trick.
All in all we were there for the beach & riding bikes so it worked. With just a little work I would give it another star.
We loved our time at Avery cottage. The house was perfect for us. Very convenient to the beach.
The house was very clean and comfortable. The house was also equipped with everything that we needed for a wonderful beach vacation. The other suggestion I would make is that it would have been wonderful if the outdoor shower had better shower pressure.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location was perfect. The house was spacious and clean. We very much enjoyed sitting out on the deck. If I had to change anything it would probably be the mattresses. They were much to hard for my back. We will definitely come back to stay again.
We've stayed here two years in a row, it's a lovely cottage. Clean and comfortable, very close to the beach! There's space for everyone, a convenient outdoor shower, a spacious kitchen, swings downstairs. Very homelike. Highly recommended!
The Town of South Bethany is part of the Quiet Resorts of the Delaware Beaches. With so many choices for the entire family, the fun never stops! On the east side of town, relax and soak up the sun on our clean, wide, guarded beach, termed 'the best little beach in Delaware.' Our beach is ranked one of the cleanest in the nation. On the west side of town, enjoy boating, crabbing, fishing, sailing and kayaking from our 5-mile network of canals that leads to a beautiful bay surrounded by natural wetlands.
Rental weeks during Early Summer, Peak Summer, and Late Summer are from Sunday to Sunday. Cancellation’s made less than 90 days prior to Check-in-Date will result in a cancellation fee equal to 10% of the total reservation amount.