Private Cottage on the Ocean(60 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
One bedroom, one bath cottage on the ocean with stunning views
Only 15 minutes north of Powell River, Seadog cottage features a loft style bedroom which allows you to lay in bed and watch the eagles in the trees. If the eagles have flown away for a while you could also watch a movie on the TV with Netflix. On the main floor there is a large bathroom with separate shower and a large soaker tub as well as a hot tub outside available year round. The kitchen is fully equipped so you are free to eat all your meals at home-if you chose. Alternatively, the area offers many fine restaurants such as the laughing Oyster in near-by Okeover Inlet. Lastly the beautiful fireplace makes the living area a cozy place to snuggle up with a book.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2015
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- The upstairs loft bedroom has a king size bed with linens included. In front of the bed is a beautiful view of the tree the eagles land in and a view of the ocean. In addition to the views there are 2 reclining leather chairs in front of a newer led TV with Netflix. The bed is situated so that you can lay in bed to watch TV or sit in the reclining leather chairs (or just stare out the window as you lay in bed). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The Northern Sunshine Coast is a Mecca for outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds with activities including: hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, Scuba diving, fishing etc. No matter which activity you chose, at the end of the day you can relax and enjoy a drink in the historic Lund Hotel or enjoy fine dining in a casual atmosphere at the near-by laughing Oyster restaurant in Okeover. Eating in or dining out, biking or swimming we guarantee you'll enjoy your stay....moreless
The television is upstairs in the loft bedroom situated at the end of the bed so you are able to watch TV while in bed. Additionally, there are two reclining leather chairs to enjoy while watching TV....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 12 - May 14, 2017
2 night min stay
May 15 - Sep 10, 2017
2 night min stay
Sep 11 - May 14, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $56.08
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Patricia and I both work in healthcare. Outside of work our passions are both dogs and the outdoors. Finding such a wonderful ocean front home for our selves and our two rescue dogs has inspired us to share our paradise with others. We have travelled locally and internationally, thus we are able to provide many off the beaten track travel suggestions.
Why the Owner Chose Powell River, BC, Canada:
Patricia and I chose the northern sunshine coast because it was the most beautiful place we have ever been. We love the smell of the ocean and the aroma of the pine needles on the nearby hiking trails. Our property offers the best of both worlds; hiking in the forest and the beautiful ocean.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The cottage allows you to wake up eye-to-eye with the local eagles. We love the wood interior, which gives a cottage feel, to a home with all the amenities. The full size kitchen, large washroom and en-suite laundry allow for both comfort and convent.
- Primary: +1 604-220-7464 Please feel free to call/text from 7am-7pm PST.
Links to more information:
View of cottage from lower patio.
View from inside looking out
Living room. The double doors lead to the washroom.
Bedroom. In front of the chairs is the TV.
View from landing going to stairs that lead to the water.
Map of area from Lois Lake.
View from the deck
Map of theCoast
BC Ferry in the distance. Photo by guest: Andy B.
The view from the deck. The hot tub is just visible on the lower patio.
Kitchen. The stairs lead up to the bedroom.
The washroom with separate shower and soaker tub.
View from the lower patio, close to the hot tub.
Front of cottage and main house.
Recent Sunset from front of main house
View from the hot tub (Now available year round).
Side path to cottage
A hummingbird at sunset. Photo by guest: Andy B.
Sign for the Top of the Sunshine Coast at Saltery Bay ferry terminal
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.