About the property
- Half Baths2
- Minimum Stay1 - 5 nights
5 bedrooms/4.5 baths/NEW: Self contained flat on request
Welcome to Sundara, your beautiful home away from home.
This brand new villa sits on its own private sand beach and is nestled away in a secluded and exclusive community in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Designed by a famous local architect, this gem with its Caribbean and Balinesian influences features wide-open spaces with mountain views and ocean breezes that will take your breath away.
We offer 5 star quality while providing the comfort and ease of being in your own home.
Sundara rests on one acre of lushly landscaped gardens with 4 luxurious and beautifully outfitted bedrooms each with it's own ensuite bathroom.
All bathrooms are spacious with double sinks and walk in overhead rain showers. The Master bath also includes a tub for two and a romantic outdoor shower. Three of our bedrooms have King size beds, the fourth has two queen size and the fifth has a queen size bed. All have their own flat screen tv with surround sound, access to apple tv, multisplit ac units and fans.
Sundara also is outfitted with an airconditioned family room where everyone can watch movies together, gorgeous living and dining areas, a state of the art kitchen, two fabulous verandahs with lounging spaces and ocean views, a fully equipped office for your convenience, 12 seater verhandah dining table and of course the Pelican bar for evening relaxation where you can try our special Jamaican rum punch!
An outdoor pavilion sits on the edge of the dark blue glass tiled infinity pool where delicious cocktails can be served throughout the day. We also invite you to take a dip in our 12 seater hot tub with a special waterfall feature. The private beach is lined with gas tiki fire torches and has a stone fire pit perfect for moonlit evenings or roasting marshmallows with the kids.
Although we doubt you will ever want to step outside of our private Sundara oasis, we do offer access to the exclusive Hard Rock Cafe located a mere 300 yards away, easily accessible with your private golf cart.
Hard Rock has a beautiful beach, perfect for swimming, cabanas, swim up pool bar, fine dining, and an exquisite full service spa.
Our team of 5 includes head of house/chef, Dalton, butler/chef, Colin, housekeepers, Marsha and Hyacinth, Bar and Garden Errol and Horace. They will take care of your every request and their discreet and warm Jamaican service will allow you to completely relax and unwind.
Dalton and Colin's fabulous culinary talents are at your disposal, however, should you wish to don your own apron, our state of the art kitchen is available for you to enjoy. Spoil your family with breakfast in bed using our top of the line Viking and Gaggenau equipment.
Our staff can arrange private massages, yoga classes and if you are feeling energetic, a work out with a professional fitness trainer!
They can also assist in organising day trips out to explore Jamaica..there are so many options, river rafting, tubing, fishing, golf, snorkeling and glass bottom boat rides, cruises and so much more! Take a private bus ride to Negril and watch the sunset at the famous Ricks Cafe or head to the South Coast to the beautiful YS falls! We have a wonderful driver who we can highly recommend.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sundara!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Shelagh Jardim
My husband and I are both Jamaicans. We have lived in Montego Bay, Jamaica's second city for the better part of 30 years. We have three grown sons and own and operate our business just 5 minutes away from our home. We completed building Sundara, our dream home in 2013 and put a lot of thought and love into making it a very special place. We know you will love it as much as we do and we look forward to welcoming you.
Shelagh Jardim purchased this Villa in 2013
Why Shelagh Jardim chose Montego Bay
This family home was built in 2013 after years of planning and designing. We wanted to create a place where the beauty of the outdoors blended seamlessly with our living areas. With large open spaces, high ceilings and comfortable nooks Sundara also has a warm and soothing atmosphere. We are on the ocean with beautiful vistas and spectacular sunrises! Another bonus is that Montego Bay offers visitors so much to see and do if they choose.
What makes this Villa unique
Sundara is breathtaking. Every detail, from the wide open spaces to the indoor atrium have a special spot in our hearts, but truly what makes staying here an amazing and unforgettable experience is the warm, caring and friendly staff who will go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is perfect!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Pure Paradise and the Luxury and a staff that is astounding!
We've all heard the advice "if something is too good to be true, then it probably is!" NOT IN THIS CASE-It was even better than promised! When we found this villa and learned details from the wonderful owner Shelagh, we thought just that. Sundara is more than the real deal. Sundara is a paradise of the finest decor, furnishings, and personalities to serve your families every need. This Villa is the most luxurious home in Jamaica. Thank you to the owners Shelagh and Brian for selflessly sharing your home with me and my family. You and your staff provide the 8 of us with the vacation of a life time. Respect !
A Dream Vacation Come True
Our group of four couples just returned from a wondrous week at Sundara Villa. While we, as a group, have stayed in numerous vacation properties throughout the U.S. and the Caribbean, we agreed that this is by far the best experience we have ever enjoyed. That experience begins with the owner/manager Shelagh, who is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. Her commitment to excellence and attention to detail are evident the moment you arrive at Sundara, and are greeted by the amazing staff with chilled towels and the most delicious rum punch you will ever taste! They will transfer your luggage to your room, and even unpack for you, if you wish. From the moment of your arrival, until you (sadly) depart, they will see to your every need. Herbie, the chef prepares the most amazing meals, including some local specialties for you to experience. Dalton, the head of household, can make any request happen like magic. Errol and Kenroy tempted us each day with delicious beverages, and kept our glasses full. And Carlene and Marsha kept the house pristine, even offering to do our laundry daily. We have never felt so pampered and indulged. The house and outdoor entertainment areas are spectacular, and beautifully furnished. Knowing we wanted to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday, they even replaced the television in the outdoor bar area with a much larger flat-screen prior to our arrival. No detail is overlooked in in ensuring that Sundara guests have an unforgetable experience. We can't wait to live the dream again - we are already booking again next year!
Patty, it was truly our pleasure to host you at Sundara and the entire crew are so happy that they were able to make your vacation a memorable one.
Thank you for staying with us and we can't wait to welcome you home!
Perfect in every way!
We had an absolutely amazing vacation at Sundara last week. The house is even more beautiful than the pictures. The owners have truly thought of everything. The staff was so wonderful. They seemed to know what we wanted even before we did. Nothing was too much to ask and we never heard "no" once. We had a great time going out on the beautiful boat, but mostly never wanted to leave the house. We went out for dinner one night at one of the high end restaurants and unanimously decided that Herbie's creations were far better and never ate out again. Shelagh was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. We really can't recommend this place enough. Just go...you will not be disappointed! Thanks to everyone at Sundara!
In short, Book It!!
1) This house is amazing! It is like staying at a private 6 start resort with just your friends/family. All four of the bedrooms are large, private, and separate from one another. All have private baths and there are two additional powder rooms. However the common areas can't help but bring everyone together in the perfect resort type setting. The pool was great, the hot tub was great, the outdoor lounging areas were great, and the indoor media room was perfect. Further, the wifi was more than sufficient for me to maintain business and family contact while on vacation. There is also a very private and large office for any meetings or phones that need to occur during your stay. We never left the house for any outing in a five day period and that is because noone wanted to.
2) The Staff was amazing! They went above and beyond at every turn. The meals were perfect, made to our liking at our request. The bar was always stocked with our liqueur and then some. Rooms were cleaned twice daily, and laundry was done as well. The grounds are pristine! Dalton (House Manager) and his team truly met and exceeded all of our needs.
You cannot beat this place, with this staff, in this location.
I can't wait to return in December.
Thank you Kasey!
It was indeed our pleasure to take care of you all and we look forward to welcoming you back in December!
AMAZING! The staff, location, owner, food, and villa are the best!
This was the best vacation that we have ever had.
1. The staff is absolutely amazing (Dalton, Claudine, Herbie, Kenroy, Errol, Marsha, + security guy were all great) They truly care about you and do everything they can to make sure you are having a great time. I don't think they said "no" or it would be a problem at all. It doesn't matter what we needed they did what they could to make sure we were happy. It is the best service I've received.
2. The owner is awesome. Even the staff love and respect Shelagh. We actually felt really good that we were spending money at a place where the owner was so responsive and nice. It made it much more personal than going to a resort. You almost felt like you were staying with family with such an amazing staff and owner. We even got to meet the lovely grandma who lives at an adjacent villa.
3. The villa itself is gorgeous. Shelagh basically built a dream house with every bell and whistle. The pictures don't do it justice. The hot tub says 12 person, but in realty it's like a 20 person infinity hot tub. The view from the pictures was good, but it had nothing on the real thing. You have a mountain view/caribben sea view. If you walk to the end of the dock you even have somewhat of a valley view. The beds are ridiculously comfortable and all the furniture is really nice.
4. Food was great. Herbie and Dalton are amazing in the kitchen. Herbie's soups and dishes are great and Dalton tops it off with killer deserts. Just tell them what you like and trust them. The surprises they come up with make it fun.
5. The place was super clean everyday. Claudine and the rest of the staff were on it as soon as there was a spec of dirt. Also, don't pack much. She did wash daily. Next time I'm going to only pack a few items to make traveling easier. Errol/Kenroy and staff take great care of landscaping as well.
6. Drinks were great. Kenroy, Errol, and Marsha were all over the drinks. If my glass was empty it was only b/c they were coming up with something new to surprise us with.
7. They have a nice fishing boat that you can take out. Most of my party loved the villa so they couldn't bare to leave it for fishing. Puffy (the captain) was cool and helpful when we needed him though and I'm sure he'd show a good time.
8. We were worried about security, but don't. There is a nice security guard there and the staff stays there as late as needed and is there early.
Before we had even arrived the owners of the property made sure all of our initial requests and the details of our trip were in place. The property, the location and most importantly the staff are spectacular. The passion in the build and design of the property was clearly evident with every detail coming together in a way that made you feel relaxed and at home. The location is perfect, a short ride from the airport in a small bay with perfect views of the mountains (especially at night). And the icing on the cake was the team (Dalton, Herbie, Claudine, Kenroy and Errol). They truly sparred no expense or detail in making our trip a memorable one. The cuisine put together by Dalton and Herbie was nothing short of a five star restaurant. Thank you team Sundara for making us feel right at home. We will be back!
Nearby Attractions Doctors Cave Beach A short drive into the heart of the Hip Strip lies a world renowned beach called Doctors Cave. It is filled with great restaurants and bars, beach accessory rentals, crystal blue water, and lush white sand. Island Routes From booze cruises to deep sea fishing, Island Routes offers a wide variety of tours for adults and children alike. Adrenaline junkies should experience zip lining through the mountains of St. James. If slower is your pace, river tubing down one of Jamaica's many rivers is always a fun time. Restaurant Suggestions Fine Dining: Sugarmill Restaurant (Ironshore, Montego Bay) 20 min drive Marguerites (Hip Strip, Montego Bay) 10 min drive The Houseboat Grill (Freeport, Montego Bay) 5 min drive Relaxed Dining: The Yacht Club (Freeport, Montego Bay) 2 min drive Margaritaville (Hip Strip, Montego Bay) 10 min drive Biggs BBQ (Hip Strip, Montego Bay) 10 min drive Martha Brae River Rafting Just 30 minutes away, you can escape the world on a private, handmade, bamboo raft. As you are guided down the beautiful Martha Brae river, birds, colours, and the peaceful sounds of rural Jamaica come to life. This is the perfect romantic getaway. Hard Rock Cafe This fun and lively beach club is only a five minute walk from Sundara. From cabanas on the beach to a swim up pool bar, it is the closest and perfect spot to kick off your shoes and sink your feet in the sand. This property also has a restaurant and bars Golf Montego Bay is the home to 5 world class golf courses! If this is your sport - why not try all during your stay! They each have their own special features and are between 15 - 20 mins away!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Two airport transfers per arrival and departure included. Full Staff included 8 free passes to Seawind Beach Club Staff Gratuity not included. This is for you to decide but a minimum of 10% is recommended. The industry normally is 15-20% 100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before date of arrival EXCEPT over the Christmas/NewYears/Thanksgiving period which is 90 days prior.