Blue Pebbles is a modern two-bedroom split-level house (sleeping 4-6) with balcony, terrace and magnificent sea views. It is close to all three beaches: Combesgate, Barricane and Woolacombe. Combesgate beach is almost opposite, about a 4 minute walk; Barricane is next to it, and it is less than a 10 minute walk along the Esplanade to Woolacombe's famous beach (voted TripAdvisor's best beach in the UK in 2015 and 2016). The coastal path is also directly opposite.
Blue Pebbles is ideal for couples, families with children and well-behaved dogs.
It is an "upside-down" house, to make the most of the outstanding views. Both the upper balcony and the lower terrace are south-facing and benefit from the sun all day. The lounge-dining area is on the upper (entrance) level and the bedrooms are downstairs. There is gas central heating so you can holiday in comfort throughout the year.
The lounge-diner has two sofas (one a double sofa bed), a dining table seating 6 and a coffee table. There is a TV and DVD player. WiFi is included. The lounge area opens onto a sunny balcony, with a table and two chairs to relax and enjoy the views. On the floor there is also a fully fitted, well equipped kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washer-dryer. There is also a cloakroom on the upper floor.
The lower floor consists of a very large master bedroom with king-size bed, and a twin-bedded room. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with bath and over-bath shower. There is a TV in this bedroom. It also has French doors leading onto a spacious terrace with table, chairs, surfboard store and spectacular sea views. The twin bedroom also has an en-suite shower room.
There is a high chair and travel cot.
There is a designated parking space directly outside the house.
Check-in is Saturdays only.
House rules: No smoking, no parties or events.Check-in any time after 2 pm. Check-out by 10 am.
IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD:
- Award-winning Blue-Flag beaches at Woolacombe, Croyde and Putsborough.
- Lots of excellent walking and cycle routes, including the coastal path from opposite the house, and the Tarka Trail.
- Local shops and cafes in Woolacombe and a Tesco supermarket a 10 minute drive away.
- Ilfracombe is a 10-minute drive away and Linton, Lynmouth, Exmoor (and zoo), Big Sheep theme park are all within a 45-minute's drive.
OUT AND ABOUT: There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars in the local area. Our top five are:
- Watersmeet Hotel, very close to Blue Pebbles
- The Thatch, in Croyde
- Squires in Braunton
- The Boardwalk on the Esplanade
- The Old Mill in Ossaborough (great for Sunday roasts!)