Month to Month Bungalow Rental in Inner Se Portland Neighborhood(28 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-30 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 Bedroom historic duplex apartment available for monthly rental
Historic 1 bedroom duplex offers the true feel of Portland. Original charm in the apartment and the surrounding Brooklyn neighborhood. Minutes to downtown and other hot Portland neighborhoods. Short distance to Division's world-renowned foodie scene and waterfront bike path!
The apartment is rich with Portland character and original charm including original Douglas Fir floors and clawfoot tub. It is tastefully decorated with cozy furniture and art to set a mellow and happy mood. Enjoy cooking and eating out on your own private patio. This upstairs apartment features 1 full bedroom plus a queen pull out couch in the living room.
What makes this bungalow so desirable is its location! It is located in Portland's Brooklyn neighborhood, a neighborhood characterized by its eccentricity, devotion to natural lifestyle, and easy walkability to all that Portland has to offer. At this location, you can easily access Division st and check out such hot foodie spots as Pok Pok, Ava Gene's, Roman Candle and many others! Downtown is a 5 minute car trip across the Ross Island Bridge and most other hot spots are within 10 minutes drive or 30 minutes bike ride, including: Alberta Arts District, Hawthorne st, Northwest District, Mississippi St, Sellwood and many more! This neighborhood is very close to the Willamette river and centrally located! Ride your bikes on the waterfront multi-use path to easily access all of the east side and cross the bridge into downtown. Plus, you can easily take the Max train Orange line or bus to downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
In addition to the private patio, this unit also comes with access to a full backyard including propane BBQ and lounging area! Laundry on-site in shared space basement.
Member since: 2015
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- This apartment has a steep set of wooden stairs exposed to the apartment. Be cautious with small children. This apartment is close to many attractions and destinations including: Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, the Springwater Corridor Trail, OMSI, OHSU, Reed College, Waverley Country Club, Portland State University and Lewis and Clark University. We also have abundant grocery stores nearby from New Seasons Market to the People's Food Co-op and the Warehouse Cafe. Convenient public bus stops are located on Powell Blvd (5 blocks) and Milwaukie Blvd (1 block) from the bus, you can access anywhere in the Portland area. Coming soon, the Max train will run about 4 blocks away and will be the most convenient way to get downtown. Just hop on and hop off downtown. This is an older house and has some quirks. If you want a luxurious stay, this might not be the right rental for you. If you enjoy seeing how Portlanders live, this is your spot. ...moreless
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 2 - Mar 10, 2017
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $70
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: I am a local restaurant owner and love all that Portland has to offer from the downtown foodie scene to the incredible outdoor adventures. My boyfriend, Brian, and I have both grown up here and know what makes Portland truly unique. We are lifers! We recently bought this duplex and have remodeled it to allow the original charm to, once again, flourish.
Why the Owner Chose Brooklyn, Portland, OR, USA:
I am in love with older homes! I purchased this duplex in order to restore its original glory and live in it myself. We have remodeled and lived in the upstairs apartment (the VRBO) and love the look, feel and craftsmanship of this house. We chose this house because we love being close to downtown and all that Portland has to offer. This duplex offered the ease of living/working downtown whilst also avoiding the common problems that come with. The neighborhood is friendly, quiet and kids play in the streets yet it is only a quick walk to enjoy the more lively nightlife on Division st.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
From the moment you walk up this house will embrace and surprise you. Made by a craftsman in 1908 for his beloved daughter, it has a classic Dutch Colonial style. Enjoy the little touches like a small patio off of your kitchen or the clawfoot tub.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room with fold out couch
King bed in bedroom
Kitchen is fully stocked with utensils, plates, pans etc.
Baby Crib available upon request.
Dining space for 4, full kitchen
Original Clawfoot tub for long soaks
Couch folds out into queen bed
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Monday, February 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.