Serenity Cottage: Nestled in the Sea Grapes, Peace, Privacy, Great Value!
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Serenity Cottage is an oasis of peace and privacy located on one of Florida's most beautiful barrier islands. This lovely cottage is a respite from the hustle and bustle and is just a short walk to the beach or the bay....for the best of both worlds when it comes to island living.
QUIET AND SECLUDED. Serenity is tucked away behind a large fig tree, off the main road, for added peace and quiet. Easy walking distance to both the beach and bay. In the early morning, sunrise floods the porch with light. During the day, the south facing porch is always bathed in sunshine.
GOLF CART OPTION. Serenity Cottage offers you the use of their golf cart with your rental if you wish, for an additional $250 fee. (You may rent the home with or without the golf cart.) No children are allowed to drive the golf cart under any circumstances. We also request you sign a liability waiver and agree to pay for all damages.
CONCIERGE SERVICE. We include the services of our island concierge who will meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you. This is a FREE service so we encourage you to take advantage of it.
LOTS OF OUTDOOR LIVING AREA. Serenity Cottage offers both a spacious screened-in porch facing east for enjoying morning coffee...and an open-air outdoor porch facing south for warm sunshine all day long, even during chilly winter months.
BRAND NEW ELECTRIC GRILL. The owners have provided a new electric grill so you don't have to haul charcoal and lighter fluid to the island with you.
KAYAKS. We also offer the option to rent kayaks during your stay. You may rent one tandem kayak, two single kayaks or both for the duration of your stay. Please indicate on your response if you are interested in kayak rental. We include life jackets and paddles with your rental and require that you sign a liability waiver.
The home is well-equipped with everything you need for a beach vacation...all linens and towels are provided, including beach towels, beach chairs, all pots and pans, toys and games, videos -- even fishing gear you may use. We provide a beach cart for taking chairs and beach gear down to the beach. The home has a large flatscreen TV and DVD player and even has an open air outdoor shower for rinsing off after the beach. There is no wi-fi in the home at the present time but you have the option to purchase access and data on our mobile hot-spot. (Or, you may use the mobile hotspot on your smartphone if you prefer.) If you would like to purchase wi-fi access, just let us know.
This home is perfect for a family who wants to enjoy fishing off the dock one day, and playing on the beach the next...or for the avid fisherman who wants to be close to his boat or the dock. It is also perfect for a couple who wants to relax in a serene environment, in very comfortable surroundings and just get away from the outside world. Nature lovers, photo enthusiasts and bird watchers will appreciate the peace and quiet of the island's sandy pathways, the lush tropical environment and uncrowded beaches.
Little Gasparilla Island affords a perfect spot to escape from the traffic and stress of everyday life. Here, traffic jams consist of two golf carts stopped in the road for a friendly chat! The evening's nightlife is heading to the beach to watch the sunset with a group of neighbors...or watching the stars twinkle overhead. You can catch your dinner off the dock, have your morning coffee on the deck in the tropical breezes and feel incredibly lucky to have discovered such a perfect little oasis on the island!
Come discover the true meaning of relaxation...at Serenity Cottage!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. Serenity has an electric grill so no charcoal is necessary.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.
• If you have requested the mobile hotspot, keep in mind this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi is NOT for entertainment. No Netflix, no skyping, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. Many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are better alternatives.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 17 - Jan 2, 2017
3 night min stay
Winter season 2017
Jan 7 - May 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $125
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Pet Fee $100
- Tax Rate 12%
Holiday surcharge of $500; $300 reservation/security deposit required upon booking to hold date. 30-day cancellation notice required for stays of 1 week; 60-day cancellation for 2 weeks or more. Guests responsible for mainland parking at the marina and water taxi charges. Pet fee of $100/pet may be assessed depending on size/breed.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Little Gasparilla.com LLC
About: We have lived on the island for 30 years and we started renting our own home many years ago when we traveled. Then our neighbors asked us to handle rentals for them also -- and now we offer vacation rentals in a variety of price ranges and locations on the island...from dramatic beachfront homes to cozy interior homes with lots of privacy. Our vacation rental homes are painstakingly cared for...we want you to feel like you are vacationing in a friend's home rather than a sterile "rental unit". So relax, kick off your flip flops, dig your toes in the sand and enjoy the island lifestyle!
Why Placida, FL, USA:
This cottage is nestled in the palm trees, off the main road and has a lot more privacy than some of the other cottages we represent. It has both a screened porch and a sunny porch facing south that is wonderfully warm during chillier winter months. We love the big ficus tree in the yard and the gopher tortoises that burrow beneath its roots.
- Primary: +1 9416976766
- Secondary: +1 6305320993
- Tertiary: +1 8154400001
Links to more information:
Fresh new paint job on the storm shutters!
A boat's eye view of the beach
A lovely Little Gasparilla sunset
Artistic creations on the beach!
Night blooming cereus right outside the door of Serenity Cottage
Serenity Cottage's golf cart is available for rent during your stay
Serenity Cottage is surrounded by greenery!
Aerial view of the island
Night blooming cereus right before blooming
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Monday, December 05, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM