Cabin, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Super clean considering it’s in the mountains. We loved this place you have a creek in the back/side yard and there’s another more accessible creek less than a quarter mile from the property. It had everything we needed. If the owner ever decides to sell contact me please.
Close to good hiking
Great Stay In the Country
Rental was great for spending Christmas together as a family. We did lots of cooking in the kitchen and games on the large dining table. The back TV room was a great place for our kids to watch TV and we set up all of our gifts there. The TV and electronics could be upgraded, but it was nice enough and we didn't watch a ton of TV. The fireplace in the back room doesn't seem to exhaust properly so it filled the room with smoke smell and was uncomfortable on the eyes so we only did one fire in fireplace. Recommend a chimney sweep. Cast iron fire place in dining room was fine. We went for multiple hikes along the creek and drove into Ashville a couple of times. Had a very good time.
This is a cabin in the woods so really don't have a need for elaborate TV as people spend their time outside and enjoying nature! Esp. The creek behind the house! Also helps to open the Flue before you make a fire. :(
Thank you for your feed back though!
everything was good
Near Blue Ridge Parkway—much larger than expected with great porch.
Less than 12 miles from Burnsville downtown.
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
About Jon Bloom
We have been serving the Burnsville area with vacation rentals since 2007.
Jon Bloom purchased this Cabin in 2008
Why Jon Bloom chose Burnsville
Stay here and you won't want to leave.