Our cottage is located in Dassel, the eastern gate to the nature park Solling - Vogler in the Wesermountains. No room has straight walls, the height of the ceiling varies and nothing is even. The house has character. If you like old houses you will love ours. Feel home in light coloured rooms with open oak woods and old clay walls which create a healthy climate. The house is situated in a quite side street close to the town center with no permanent neighbour. The surroundings offer endless hikes in the forrests of the Solling - Vogler, breath taking mountainbike tours on various single trails near by. Or you visit the historic towns of Einbeck, Göttingen and Bad Karlshafen or the sites of the old fairy tales of the Brother Grimm located less then 40 miles around Dassel.
- Combined dining and living room with a fireplace behind glas
- Fully equiped kitchen with oven, dish washing machine, toaster, coffee machine and fridge
- Sleepingroom with one double bed
- Sleeping room under the roof with two single beds and 1 additional bed possible, low ceiling and steep stairs
- Seperate bathroom with shower and toilette
- TV set, radio/CD player, free WLAN
- Maximum occupation 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 childs
- South Terrace in the garden
- Non-Smoking House
- Storage for bicycles / bicycles for rent
The house is a historic building. Dassel got town rights in the 14th century and built a town wall with seven towers between 1350 and 1400. On th souther side the Baldertower was built of large sandstones. Around 1820 part of the tower was turned down and the house was built on the location inside the townwall. Part of the tower were re-used and in the middle of the house still one wall of the tower exist. A stable was added around 1900 which now contains the kitchen and the bathroom. Under the sandstone floor in the living room we still found part of the old townwall going through the house. The first renovation was finished in 2005. In May 2011 the roof was re-newed and we added a sleeping room in the attic. Today the house combines modern comfort with the style and coziness of an old building.
Prices based on:
- Sheets and towels included
- All consumables excluding electrical power are included in the price. Electrical power will be charged base don usage
- Free wireless
- Bicycle and sledge rental possible
- Wood for the stove available at low prices
The city Dassel is at the edge of the mountain range Solling Voglers. The city received 1350 municipal rights and was covered by a town wall. The house is in the wall on the foundation one of the seven old towers. Today Dassel is a contemplative town. Purchase possibilities are present at the place. In the city the technique museum loads blank blankschmiede and in the future a museum to the county Dassel to the attendance in.
In the summer the surroundings offers many opportunities for walking. 400 km proven Mountainbike trails of different degrees of difficulty invite for biking. In the winter there are built tracks for cross country skiing and also many possibilities to go sledding for the children.