Smithy Cottage makes up the first floor of the converted smithy in the heart of the village of Staveley. When you climb the external stone staircase and open the front door you will find a perfectly formed cosy cottage conveniently laid out on one floor. It’s full of history and character, with beamed lounge and wooden floors. It is the perfect place to relax with family and friends after a busy day exploring the Lake District.
This traditional Lakeland stone cottage is ideally situated in the popular village of Staveley with its two pubs and variety of shops and services. There are many walks and cycle routes accessible from the door. You can rent bikes from Wheelbase bike shop in the village. We also have a lockable bike shed in the garden for those of you who bring your own.
Outside the cottage there is a small seating area and stretching down the river Gowan is a shared garden.
The cottage comprises:
• Lounge/diner with coal effect gas fire, Netflix and catch-up TV, DVD player and a selection of games, books and maps.
• Kitchen with electric oven, gas hob and fridge/freezer.
• Master bedroom with double bed (a camp bed available for children on request)
• Second Bedroom with double bed
• Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin & WC.
• All towels and sheets included.
• Wi-Fi available.
• Private parking for 1 car.
• Bike store.
• Shared riverside garden area.