6 Bed Roomed 4 Bathroomed Property in Lovely Village Close to Beach(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 spacious and well equipped apartments set in private garden with pool.
The first floor apartment has views of the Obidos lagoon in the distance, and the ground floor has access onto the terrace and pool. You can stroll to very reasonably priced bars, restaurants, shops e.t.c. in 2-3 minutes, and for such a small village there is quite a selection, including a tapas restaurant, a jazz bar, and a variety of smaller cafés/bars serving snacks and pastries. Free wi-fi is readily available in many of the restaurants and bars.Takeaway chicken, pizza e.t.c. are also available for those evenings when you want to chill at home but don't much fancy cooking! If you do fancy cooking, the kitchens are well equipped with a variety of pots, pans and cooking utensils to enable you to produce family meals.
Flights: Low cost flights are available to Lisbon from London (Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton), Birmingham and Bristol via either Monarch, Easyjet, Ryanair, TapAir Portugal or British Airways - book early to get the best deals.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2005
- 230 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- The main bedroom in each apartment has an en suite, and there is a family bathroom for the other 2 bedrooms in each apartment. Bed linen and towels are provided, and are changed weekly [for stays of 2 weeks or more]. The upstairs double bedrooms have access to an outdoor terrace with views over the pool and to the lagoon in the distance. The twin does not have this access and so is safer for children. Downstairs, the 2 double bedrooms have patio doors onto the terrace which leads then to the pool. Again the twin does not have this access and so is safer for kids. Please note; Due to the opening windows upstairs , the pool, terrace and outside stairs, small children must be supervised at all times. We cannot be held responsible for injury/accidents that occur in the house or the terrace/pool area. There is a barrier which separates the pool from the ground floor patio, but this is not substantial. Please note the house is non smoking, we would ask that guests who smoke do so outside...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- The seating is different for each separate apartment, both apartments accommodate 6 people each to sleep, and the upstairs apartment has a dining table for 8, whilst downstairs has seating for 6. There is no area large enough indoors for 12 people to sit down and eat together. There are 2 tables for use outside with the garden chairs which could allow 12 people to eat outside together. There are 8 sun loungers. Each apartment has an air conditioning/heating unit in the living rooms only. Small electric fan heaters are available for the bedrooms if required....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Horseback Riding
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch Furniture
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 15 - Jul 14, 2017
4 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Jul 15 - Sep 2, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $123.84
- Refundable Damage Deposit $495.36
The rates indicated are FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE, not per apartment. A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks before departure. In addition a refundable security deposit of £400 is payable with the balance to cover any damage e.t.c and electricity may be charged for separately if excessive and usage will be deducted from the deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The villa is ideally located near all the amenities of Foz village. The huge beach and lagoon are an easy 15-20 minute walk, or 2 min by car. On the lagoon is a water sports centre and safe bathing. There are a number of restaurants e.t.c. in Foz and on the beach & prices are very reasonable. Sea fishing is popular here, & you can also book horse riding at the 'Quinta' in the village. There is top class golf within 25 minutes drive i.e. Praia del Rey and Bom Successo, & nearby you'll find the city of Caldas with a daily market, shops, banks etc. and also the amazing medieval walled town of Obidos with it's beautiful cobbled streets and regular festivals. There are a number of beautiful bays within an easy drive e.g. Sao Martinho and Nazare. Popular surfing beaches are found at Baleal and Peniche, and you can arrange to visit local vineyards. Lisbon is under 1 hour away with regular buses running from Caldas. Other historic sites of interest include Fatima, Sintra, Batalha and Alcobaca.
Golf: The climate in this part of Portugal is cooler than the Algarve, and lends itself to a highly enjoyable golfing experience with top class facilities alongside clear blue skies and a cooling Atlantic breeze.
The two nearest golf courses are the par 72 Bom Sucesso, a championship course designed by Donald Steel and the renowned Praia D’El Rey, a true links course designed by the English course architect Cabell B. Robinson.
Rated thirteenth best course in Europe by Golf World magazine and no.1 in Portugal, Praia D’El Rey has established a reputation amongst golfers as a major golfing destination. It has also recently won 'Portugal's Leading Resort' - World Travel Awards 2008. The Praia D'El Rey Resort also includes a 5* Marriot Hotel and Spa.
Both courses are on the opposite side of the Obidos lagoon, approximately half hours drive away.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: This is my daughter Isabelle and I, and as you may have noticed, our house is named after her! We live in Cardiff in South Wales, and have spent many, many happy holidays in Foz do Arelho with the rest of our family and friends, it's a place that feels like home from home to us now.
Why the Owner Chose Foz do Arelho, Portugal:
We bought this house because it is big enough to accommodate all of our family and friends, and because it's in such a charming and friendly place. We always feel safe and welcome there, and have come to know many of the locals.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The privacy of this house, with it's own enclosed garden, where we can enjoy the pool and al fresco dining, was one of the things that drew us to it. That, coupled with the fact that you can walk out of the gate and stroll to a number of different places to shop, eat, drink and just watch the world go by, also made this an ideal location. I don't like driving abroad, so that was a big plus for me. Easy access to the beach is also something which makes this place attractive, it's lovely to be able to wander down to the beach any time we fancy it, and the sunsets there are stunning!
- Primary: +44 7837033038
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Downstairs kitchen/dining area
Pool showing kiddies area
Upstairs master bedroom
Beach at Foz do Arelho
View of the house
Kitchen area downstairs
Upstairs terrace leading from bedrooms
Door to en suite bedroom
Downstairs twin room
View of front of house
Upstairs lounge/dining area
BBQ area to side of house
Downstairs living room [open plan to kitchen]
En suite bathroom upstairs
View of pool from upstairs lounge
Front of house
Downstairs dining area
Downstairs double room
Downstairs en suite bedroom
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.