A Home More Than a Villa with Breathtaking Views to the Coast.(2 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 ensuite double bedrooms, one self contained flat, sleeps 8 (9)
You will not find many reviews here, as the house is only let ocassionally, simply because it is the owner's primary residence. But you will not be disappointed.
There is under floor heating as the region can be chilly at night between November and April. Floors in all the house, are in terracotta tiling and there are Oriental rugs in every room. There is ample hanging and storage space in all bedrooms. Bedlinen and towels provided. Cleaning service can be arranged for over 1 week lets
A villa designed for easy living and a great base for exploring Provence and the Côte d’Azur. Alternative arrival and departure days can be arranged privately. Special offers available on request.
Nambawan is 300 sq m. It was completed in 1999 when the owners came to live here permanently.
The house has three double bedrooms, all ensuite and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. The spacious living room has a fireplace and opens onto one of the terraces and garden. A main staircase leads to the bedrooms and independent flat upstairs. The open plan kitchen is adjacent to the inside dining room which has direct access to one of the covered terraces, which doubles as Summer dining area.
Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. 3 of the bathrooms are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. the fourth one has no bath tub only shower.
Both kitchens (main and flat) are fully equipped with fridge, cooker (gas and electric), oven, microwave, toaster, food processor and dishwasher.
A complete set of garden and pool furniture are available for use of the guests. There is a 'boules' court on the property and 'boules' to play with!
There is ample parking on the driveway and around the house. A forge iron gate contributes to ensure security.
Seillans has earned the right to be called “un des plus beaux villages de France” with its charming cobbled streets and shady squares leading up to the restored castle. It is one of the perched medieval villages of Provence, lively all year round and in the summer full of flowers. It was the last home of Max Ernst, a famous XX century painter who spent the last years of his life in this village, with his American artist wife Dorothea. Many painters, sculptors and potters have made their home in Seillans over the years.
Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with its superb Renaissance altar-piece. The next village, Fayence, is home to one of the better known gliding clubs in Europe. Lake St. Cassien, 15 minutes away, offers excellent swimming, wind surfing etc. Easy day trips can be made to all the well known places and beaches along the Riviera: St. Tropez, St. Raphael, Antibes, Cannes,Nice, Monaco, les Gorges du Verdon etc. There are public tennis courts and a swimming pool in the village. There are also some beautiful walks in the area and the skiing slopes of Greolieres, Isola and Val de l’Alos are easily accessible. And for “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), road D25 is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region.
Seillans and Fayence are well served by shops, markets (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Fayence, Wednesday in Seillans) and several supermarkets, as well as a good range of cafés and restaurants. There are a number of doctors and dentists in the villages, and excellent hospitals in Draguignan, Grasse and on the Coast.
.Further information can be supplied on request. Please do not hesitate to contact David and Coco by email or phone with your questions and queries.
For more detailed information look at Map page on this ad!
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 300 m²
- Max. occupancy 8
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Nambawan has three double bedrooms, all ensuite, and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. The bathrooms in two of the bedrooms and in the flat are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. The fourth one has no bath tub only shower. The flat has a sofa bed in the lounge....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Both kitchens in the main house and in the flat have hobs with 2 electricity rings and two gas. Both equipped with microwaves. The flat, which is independent if one so wishes but integral part of the house, has the iron board, iron and washing machine in the kitchen. The house has an independent laundry room downstairs. The vacuum cleaner is centrally operated. There are plenty of terraces around the house and different 'ambiences' to please all tastes. Will leave basic toiletries to start the let but for longer rents tenants will have to buy further supplies. There is an electrically operated gate to improve security and ample parking in the drive. There are tables and chairs for outside dining and two barbeques. Plenty of wood available!...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mosquito Magnet
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 30, 2017
7 night min stay
May 1 - May 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,089.47
The tax de sejour is included in the fee. Owner will settle directly with the local Mairie. An additional fee of £90 will be charged for end cleaning and laundry. Private arrangements can be made to set arrival and departure dates. Flexible on this front. For any additional information contact owner directly. Payments to be made by direct bank transfer to owners bank and it is to be arranged directly between owners and guest. Refundable damage protection fee can be paid by personal cheque in £ or €.
50% at the time of booking and the balance and the damage protection one month before the holiday let starts
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Apart from the familiar French boulangeries, butcher's and grocer's shops, the village has a small supermarket, a few good restaurants and cafés, a petrol station, and has a (small) market day on Wednesdays. Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with a famous Renaissance altar-piece. Can only be visited with a guided tour (Thursday morning).
The village of Fayence is a bit more substantial than Seillans, and is very well served by shops, several supermarkets, as well as having a good range of cafés and restaurants. It is particularly active on market days which are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (most substantial market). Fayence is also home to one of the better-known gliding clubs in Europe.
Bargemon, 8km drive from Seillans, is another picturesque medieval village with nice restaurants and old streets worth exploring. Posh and Becks used to have a house there before they moved to L.A…
There are a number of great golf courses in the region open to visitors, including:
• Domaine de Terres Blanches Two beautiful 18-hole courses 20 minutes drive from Seillans
• Chateau de Taulane – Stunning mountain course located 45 minutes drive from Seillans up the Route de Mons.
• Old Course Cannes Mandalieu – Fun course located on the coast, 35 minutes drive from Seillans.
Lac St. Cassien (15 minutes from Seillans) has the usual activities of swimming, sailing, windsurfing, pedalos, and fishing. Seillans has a public swimming pool (tel: +33 (0)494768637), while there are lots of easily-accessible beaches on the coast.
There are good quality public tennis courts available at the bottom of both Fayence and Seillans villages. To book a court in Seillans call +33 (0)494768589 or Fayence call +33 (0)494841760 (though it’s normally fine to just turn up and play).
Gliding / Flying
Fayence is a world-renowned centre for gliding due to the thermals rising up to the surrounding hills. At the Fayence Aerodrome (10 minutes from Seillans) you can have a guest flight with an instructor either in a small plane or in a glider. (Advisable to book a day in advance). Alternatively, there is a nice restaurant and cafe at the gliding centre where you can relax and watch the fun….
Hiking / Walking
There are some great walks in the area. Maps and information available and further help at the tourist offices in Seillans and Fayence.
Places to visit / day trips
• La route des vins – (Starts 20 minutes from Seillans) For “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), the D25 road is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region. We recommend [Chateau d’Esclans, Jas d’Esclans, les Grands Esclans, Chateau Rouet, etc.….]
• St. Tropez – (1 hour from Seillans to St. Maxime) See how the other half live. If driving from Seillans, we suggest you park at St. Maxime and take the ferry across the bay. It’s more scenic and avoids the traffic!
• Nice – (50 minutes from Seillans) Walk along the Promenade des Anglais, visit the flower market, amble through the pedestrianised old town, and enjoy a good lunch. For those culturally inclined, there are the Matisse and the Chagall Museums also!
• Antibes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Where the largest mega-yachts on the Riviera dock. Visit the Picasso museum at the Chateau Grimaldi, or just sit down and have a beer and a nice meal in the beautiful old town.
• Monaco – (1.30 hour from Seillans) The casino, the port, the Maritime Museum and aquarium, the prices (!!), the scene…
• St. Paul de Vence – (1 hour from Seillans) Beautiful old town perched on the hillside behind Nice. Visit the Fondation Maeght, which is a fantastic modern art museum in beautiful outdoor surroundings. Lots of good restaurants in St. Paul, including La Colombe d’Or for those unaffected by the credit crunch.
• Cannes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Check out one of the Riviera’s more famous croissettes, visit the beaches, have lunch by the old port.
• Gorges de Verdon (45 minutes from Seillans) is the French version of the Grand Canyon and really spectacular.
• Lac St. Croix – (1.5 hours from Seillans) The largest of the Verdon lakes. Combine with the drive through the Gorge de Verdon and a well-earned lunch at the “Bastide de Moustiers” (see restaurants).
• Bandol – (1,30 hour from Seillans to the West) Premier wine producing area. We can highly recommend both Chateau de Pibarnon and Domaine de Tempier.
• Grasse – (45 minutes from Seillans) Home of French perfume and therefore perfum capital of the world.
Request further info
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: We bought the property in 1996 but spent three years 'doing it up/building it' and only came to live here in 1999. There we are happily in our lovely kitchen.
Why the Owner Chose Seillans, France:
We found that this was the ideal retirement property for a couple who had always lived in beautiful places, but as expats. Seillans is a highly civilized rural area and it has the advantage of being within easy access of the second airport in France (Nice Cote d'Azur) and counting on innumerable entertainment facilities, both cultural and sportive.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
No matter what your interests are, they can easily be satisfied from Seillans... Come to see and enjoy the place and what it offers!
- Primary: +33 494843882 There is an answer phone here. See my mob below.
- Secondary: +33 603094910 USE mobile if fixed line is on answer phone
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of the House
View of the Seillans from House
Another View from Pool
A different light to the house from pool
View from Summer dining Terrace
Coming down the drive
Main Sitting Room
Pool, Plage and house in the background
Main open plan kitchen
Looking down on the plain from pool
View from West Terrace
Pool, plage and house in the background
The wild part of the garden
Terrace Outside the Flat
Breakfast on Front Terrace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.