About the property
- Villa3229 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
3 ensuite double bedrooms, one self contained flat, sleeps 8 (9)
Set on a south-facing hillside overlooking the medieval village of Seillans the house is in a secluded area 1.5kms from the village. There are two covered terraces, 3 high level terraces and an overflow swimming pool. Two outside barbeque areas, two modern kitchens, two washing machines and one dryer facilitate comfort living and entertaining. English and French TV channels available, Sky and Internet Wifi connection.
You will not find many reviews here, as the house is only let ocassionally, simply because it is the owner's primary residence. But you will not be disappointed.
There is under floor heating as the region can be chilly at night between November and April. Floors in all the house, are in terracotta tiling and there are Oriental rugs in every room. There is ample hanging and storage space in all bedrooms. Bedlinen and towels provided. Cleaning service can be arranged for over 1 week lets
A villa designed for easy living and a great base for exploring Provence and the Côte d’Azur. Alternative arrival and departure days can be arranged privately. Special offers available on request.
Nambawan is 300 sq m. It was completed in 1999 when the owners came to live here permanently.
The house has three double bedrooms, all ensuite and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. The spacious living room has a fireplace and opens onto one of the terraces and garden. A main staircase leads to the bedrooms and independent flat upstairs. The open plan kitchen is adjacent to the inside dining room which has direct access to one of the covered terraces, which doubles as Summer dining area.
Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. 3 of the bathrooms are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. the fourth one has no bath tub only shower.
Both kitchens (main and flat) are fully equipped with fridge, cooker (gas and electric), oven, microwave, toaster, food processor and dishwasher.
A complete set of garden and pool furniture are available for use of the guests. There is a 'boules' court on the property and 'boules' to play with!
There is ample parking on the driveway and around the house. A forge iron gate contributes to ensure security.
Seillans has earned the right to be called “un des plus beaux villages de France” with its charming cobbled streets and shady squares leading up to the restored castle. It is one of the perched medieval villages of Provence, lively all year round and in the summer full of flowers. It was the last home of Max Ernst, a famous XX century painter who spent the last years of his life in this village, with his American artist wife Dorothea. Many painters, sculptors and potters have made their home in Seillans over the years.
Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with its superb Renaissance altar-piece. The next village, Fayence, is home to one of the better known gliding clubs in Europe. Lake St. Cassien, 15 minutes away, offers excellent swimming, wind surfing etc. Easy day trips can be made to all the well known places and beaches along the Riviera: St. Tropez, St. Raphael, Antibes, Cannes,Nice, Monaco, les Gorges du Verdon etc. There are public tennis courts and a swimming pool in the village. There are also some beautiful walks in the area and the skiing slopes of Greolieres, Isola and Val de l’Alos are easily accessible. And for “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), road D25 is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region.
Seillans and Fayence are well served by shops, markets (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Fayence, Wednesday in Seillans) and several supermarkets, as well as a good range of cafés and restaurants. There are a number of doctors and dentists in the villages, and excellent hospitals in Draguignan, Grasse and on the Coast.
.Further information can be supplied on request. Please do not hesitate to contact David and Coco by email or phone with your questions and queries.
For more detailed information look at Map page on this ad!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, spanish, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 9, 2018
About Coco Browning
We bought the property in 1996 but spent three years 'doing it up/building it' and only came to live here in 1999. There we are happily in our lovely kitchen.
Coco Browning purchased this Villa in 1996
Why Coco Browning chose Seillans
We found that this was the ideal retirement property for a couple who had always lived in beautiful places, but as expats. Seillans is a highly civilized rural area and it has the advantage of being within easy access of the second airport in France (Nice Cote d'Azur) and counting on innumerable entertainment facilities, both cultural and sportive.
What makes this Villa unique
No matter what your interests are, they can easily be satisfied from Seillans... Come to see and enjoy the place and what it offers! And when you come up to the house you are ecstatic: never seen such a view, all there at your feet!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Our stay at Nambawan was very enjoyable and relaxing. The Infinity pool and mountain views are unbelievable and the location is perfect. Coco & David proved extremely hospitable, greeting us at the house with snacks & drinks after our late flight and patiently walked us thru all the facilities making sure we were comfortable before they headed out. The accommodation is spacious, well equipped, clean and exactly as advertised with an expansive yard, 2 fully stocked barbecues and multiple patios/eating areas. Definitely worth another visit! Recommend renting a compact car for travel on the narrow mountain roads to/from Seillans.
Amazing location and very friendly hosts
We really enjoyed our stay at Nambawan. The location was perfect, just outside of the beautiful village of Seillans and within reach of the coast and Gorges du Verdon. The apartment was very well equipped and comfortable. We made good use of the barbecue area. The pool was lovely and had a very scenic view. This all made for a relaxing break. Our hosts Coco and David were very friendly and welcoming and have great knowledge of the surrounding area. Thank you very much.
Apart from the familiar French boulangeries, butcher's and grocer's shops, the village has a small supermarket, a few good restaurants and cafés, a petrol station, and has a (small) market day on Wednesdays. Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with a famous Renaissance altar-piece. Can only be visited with a guided tour (Thursday morning).
The village of Fayence is a bit more substantial than Seillans, and is very well served by shops, several supermarkets, as well as having a good range of cafés and restaurants. It is particularly active on market days which are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (most substantial market). Fayence is also home to one of the better-known gliding clubs in Europe.
Bargemon, 8km drive from Seillans, is another picturesque medieval village with nice restaurants and old streets worth exploring. Posh and Becks used to have a house there before they moved to L.A…
There are a number of great golf courses in the region open to visitors, including:
• Domaine de Terres Blanches Two beautiful 18-hole courses 20 minutes drive from Seillans
• Chateau de Taulane – Stunning mountain course located 45 minutes drive from Seillans up the Route de Mons.
• Old Course Cannes Mandalieu – Fun course located on the coast, 35 minutes drive from Seillans.
Lac St. Cassien (15 minutes from Seillans) has the usual activities of swimming, sailing, windsurfing, pedalos, and fishing. Seillans has a public swimming pool (tel: +33 (0)494768637), while there are lots of easily-accessible beaches on the coast.
There are good quality public tennis courts available at the bottom of both Fayence and Seillans villages. To book a court in Seillans call +33 (0)494768589 or Fayence call +33 (0)494841760 (though it’s normally fine to just turn up and play).
Gliding / Flying
Fayence is a world-renowned centre for gliding due to the thermals rising up to the surrounding hills. At the Fayence Aerodrome (10 minutes from Seillans) you can have a guest flight with an instructor either in a small plane or in a glider. (Advisable to book a day in advance). Alternatively, there is a nice restaurant and cafe at the gliding centre where you can relax and watch the fun….
Hiking / Walking
There are some great walks in the area. Maps and information available and further help at the tourist offices in Seillans and Fayence.
Places to visit / day trips
• La route des vins – (Starts 20 minutes from Seillans) For “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), the D25 road is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region. We recommend [Chateau d’Esclans, Jas d’Esclans, les Grands Esclans, Chateau Rouet, etc.….]
• St. Tropez – (1 hour from Seillans to St. Maxime) See how the other half live. If driving from Seillans, we suggest you park at St. Maxime and take the ferry across the bay. It’s more scenic and avoids the traffic!
• Nice – (50 minutes from Seillans) Walk along the Promenade des Anglais, visit the flower market, amble through the pedestrianised old town, and enjoy a good lunch. For those culturally inclined, there are the Matisse and the Chagall Museums also!
• Antibes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Where the largest mega-yachts on the Riviera dock. Visit the Picasso museum at the Chateau Grimaldi, or just sit down and have a beer and a nice meal in the beautiful old town.
• Monaco – (1.30 hour from Seillans) The casino, the port, the Maritime Museum and aquarium, the prices (!!), the scene…
• St. Paul de Vence – (1 hour from Seillans) Beautiful old town perched on the hillside behind Nice. Visit the Fondation Maeght, which is a fantastic modern art museum in beautiful outdoor surroundings. Lots of good restaurants in St. Paul, including La Colombe d’Or for those unaffected by the credit crunch.
• Cannes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Check out one of the Riviera’s more famous croissettes, visit the beaches, have lunch by the old port.
• Gorges de Verdon (45 minutes from Seillans) is the French version of the Grand Canyon and really spectacular.
• Lac St. Croix – (1.5 hours from Seillans) The largest of the Verdon lakes. Combine with the drive through the Gorge de Verdon and a well-earned lunch at the “Bastide de Moustiers” (see restaurants).
• Bandol – (1,30 hour from Seillans to the West) Premier wine producing area. We can highly recommend both Chateau de Pibarnon and Domaine de Tempier.
• Grasse – (45 minutes from Seillans) Home of French perfume and therefore perfum capital of the world.
Request further info
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
The tax de sejour is included in the fee. Owner will settle directly with the local Mairie. An additional fee of €90 will be charged for end cleaning and laundry. Private arrangements can be made to set arrival and departure dates. Flexible on this front. For any additional information contact owner directly, Refundable damage protection fee can be paid by personal cheque in £ or €.