Moondance Cabin Even Makes the Rock Squirrels Romantic! Pet Friendly & on Creek.(54 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Creek Side 1 Bedroom Log Cabin. King Bed & Sleeper Sofa. Accommodates 4.
Make sure that you check out our videos, on the video tab to your left, as well as our personal website. Simply scroll down to where it says 'Links to more information' and click on the blue 'CLICK HERE' link.
Located on sparkling Cypress Creek and just a walk to historic Wimberley Square, MOONDANCE CABIN promises to romance you with it's knotty pine interior and hand crafted furniture!
Moondance Cabin is 800 sq. ft. and features the Full Moon Suite with a roomy and charming sleeping/living area appointed with golden knotty-pine walls, a hand crafted king-size bed, a leather pull-out sofa, a wood-burning stove and a Texas native stone hearth. Midnight blues and creamy whites capture the romance of a moonlit sky. Your cares will melt away in Moondance's oversized soaking tub for 2 and private cedar sauna. Moondance has a full kitchen with rustic custom pine cabinetry.
Connect with nature and soothe your soul on the peaceful and unspoiled GROUNDS OF ABUNDANCE. Towering Live Oaks with outstretched branches welcome you upon your arrival. Rays of sunlight gently filter through the leaves of Abundance’s park-like setting. Deer, birds and butterflies will likely pay you a visit sometime during your stay. Spring-fed Cypress Creek winds its way alongside your backyard, so clear that you can see the fish and turtles smile at you.
You may never want to leave this peaceful place. Rock away the hours on the front porch in pine rocking chairs or walk away the hours along Cypress Creek. Hunt for fossils or enjoy a romantic picnic on the spacious grounds. Enjoy the trails of the nature preserve across the creek or toast the sunset of another abundantly beautiful day.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size bed (1), Sleep Sofa (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
We are within 1/4 mile walk of the Wimberley Downtown square, but it feels like we are out in the country since we are on a beautiful, sparking creek across from a nature preserve. Wildlife abounds....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $75 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 6%
Please go to this link and read our policies. Guests must agree to these policies when making a reservation. http://abundanceretreat.com/policies.html
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Hello! Nice to meet you! That's me, Tina, on the right and my lovely wife of 28 years, Shellye, on the left. We're holding 2 of 'our boys' - - I'm holding Mahoney and Shellye's holding Elvis. Our other doxies, Mini Cooper and Clarence, are not pictured. I'm originally from Escanaba, Michigan and Shellye is originally from Houston. We love to share Abundance with others that share a love for being surrounded by nature while sitting in the lap of LUXURY with your animal family members!!!
Why the Owner Chose Wimberley, TX, USA:
Abundance Retreat is truly distinctive -- from its outstanding location to the quality and love we put into our home for you to how we care for you, our guests. See more on this in the "unique benefits" section below. After over 11 years of operating, we find that people come to Abundance to get away, have fun, or have a special gathering. They find so much more than that -- they find joy in the nature and beauty -- in the life -- that surrounds them. They find peace in connecting with the earth, with the sky, with the creek, with the deer, with each other and with themselves. They find creativity in our homes and property and also around Wimberley. And they find inspiration. These are the things we hear from guests. We encourage you to read our reviews.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION -- On sparkling Cypress Creek – it is in our back yard. Note, Cypress Creek is Wimberley’s finest creek – it is flowing and beautiful all year round - 1/4 mile downstream from the famous Blue Hole Park which features miles of hike and bike trails and the famous Blue Hole swimming hole – although most guests prefer to stay and swim on our property - Across the creek from a nature preserve – you are surrounded by wildlife and the bounty of nature and have the conveniences of being close to downtown, the grocery store, etc. - Proximity to the downtown square in Wimberley (super short walk to the Historic Wimberley Square) Wimberley – Wimberley is a sweet Texas Hill country town with historic roots and beautiful galleries, great stops, and top tier restaurants 2. QUALITY - Cabins can be questionable. Moondance Cabin is both luxurious AND comfortable - We feature the work local artisans throughout both of our homes in the furniture and art selected for your enjoyment - We have used high quality construction products and materials also that reflect the local natural surroundings - Our construction materials and furnishings promote ecological sustainability where possible are non-allergenic and non -toxic - We created a Rain Forest luxurious bathroom for you with a river boulder sink - it is really cool! It is really cool! 3. CARE: We take care of our guests - Our homes are fully stocked with everything you will need and more and have labels guide you (note: you bring your food supplies) - Our guests often come to celebrate life’s important moments – and if not they find them there. We seek to provide you with a truly meaningful experience, not just a vacation -- they come back and back and back - please read our reviews - We help you have fun -- we provide you with lists of the “best of the best” of Wimberley and surrounding areas – things to do, restaurants and other - We welcome your furry family
- Primary: 7138199339
Links to more information:
Moondance Cabin at Abundance Retreat awaits your arrival.
Rock your cares away in Moondance Cabin at Abundance Retreat. Wimberley, TX
View through living room into kitchen at Abundance Retreat's Moondance Cabin.
View from bed into living space. Abundance Retreat's Moondance Cabin,Wimberley
Moondance Cabin's spacious & fully equipped kitchen with river boulder counters.
Vanity area with river boulder sink on river boulder countertops. Moondance
Stately Cypress tress line the banks of Cypress Creek, Abundance Retreat.
Paddling with the Pups on Sparkling Cypress at Abundance Retreat.
Poodle pups and parents some of our 1st guests at Abundance Retreat in Wimberley
A happy girl swims Cypress Creek at Abundance Retreat in Wimberley, TX
Friends await your arrival at Abundance Retreat in Wimberley, TX
Share a meal with a friend with Abundance Retreat in Wimberley, TX
Moondance Cabin moonlit. Abundance Retreat, Wimberley, TX
Bring your best friend to Moondance Cabin at Abundance Retreat! Wimberley, TX
View of cozy living room with wood burning stove. Abundance Retreat, Wimberley
Moondance's amazingly comfortable bed. Most furniture is handcrafted locally.
Moondance's spa-quality Rain Forest bath. Soaker tub, river boulder sink.
Walden Pond on Cypress Creek. Abundance Retreat, Wimberley, TX
Abundance Retreat's park-like setting. Wimberley, Texas
Going for a ride at Abundance Retreat, Wimberley, TX
Park like setting and pup. Abundance Retreat, Wimberley, TX
Dine al fresco among the Live Oaks at Abundance Retreat in Wimberley, TX
Wildlife abounds at Abundance Retreat in Wimberley, TX
Moondance brings out the romance in our Rock Squirrels, too! Abundance Retrea
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.