Le Grand Saint Martin
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter: 18
Good Location and nice inside
1. Location. This is located just outside Marigot. Easy to get to Grand Case and Orient and not too far from Cupecoy and the airport.
2. The inside is simple but adequate. It was not too small for two of us.
3. Secure. The door has a 3 point deadbolt type of lock and the patio has an electric shutter that closes all the way to the floor for complete privacy and security.
1. Check in was at 4pm. When we got there, we called the number that VRBO gave us to check in with Monette and got a french message we could not understand. We were lucky to find someone at the damaged bar/restaurant that told us Monette no longer did check ins. She called Christine who showed up a few minutes later. We managed to check in OK even though Christine speaks French and we speak English. After we got checked in I found an email that was sent around 3:30 giving us Christine's number. It would have been nice to get the email a day or two before we arrived. What if I could not get my emails in St. Martin?
2. We had 2 rolls of toilet paper for the entire week and ran out by the 5th day.
3. The first photo of the semi-Olympic pool is very deceiving. The pool is damaged and empty except for the 12" of slimy green water.
4. Some of the photos show what looks like a different room. Not sure if there are two rentals or old photos. Our unit did NOT have the washer/dryer as shown.
5. The TV has cable service but all the channels are French.
6. The outside of the build looks old and damaged; the hallways are missing ceiling panels and lights. Needs lots of repairs/updating.
7. We never could figure out if the bar/restaurant was open. There were some repairs going on and the doors were open, but no sign.
8. With no dryer, it would have been nice to have more than 2 beach towels.
9. The bed is very hard with worn out pillows.
If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep. This is a good unit.
Thank you for your appreciation, which raises quite a few inconveniences for you.
Let me answer it objectively:
1°) You close the recording at 4pm. Rentals must be welcoming, clean and orderly. This time between two rentals is essential. On the contract signed on 07/01/19 for your stay starting on 05/02/19 the details of your hostess Christine are clearly written on it. How did you get a phone number for the hostess who retired almost two years ago? We are not responsible for the lack of organization of VRBO!
On 05/02/19 at 20h30 Paris time, you received a "welcome" message with the contact details of your hostess Christine !
You underline the misunderstanding of the message written in French! I don't understand that with all the means of translation you couldn't translate this message? For information and for fear that you won't understand this one either, I use (Deepl Pro) for free!
2°) I am surprised that 2 rolls of toilet paper were not enough for 6 days of presence. It is not provided for in your contract, the supply during your stay! As with all rentals. Especially since the nearest supermarket is 200 metres away!
3°) You were informed before booking that the pool was not in use! His condition is temporary. Changes to the brochures would incur costs that we would be obliged to reflect in the price of our rentals. We have chosen not to inflict this increase on our travellers.
4°) Your contract and the description of the rental are clear. Everything is mentioned in it. You are the first foreign person not to have understood it. Or maybe you just haven't read these documents.
5°) It seems obvious to me that the television channels of the visited country are in its language! However, some channels are in English. It is up to you, to adapt and not the country in which you are staying!
6° & 7°) You have chosen to stay on an island 95% devastated by the IRMA Hurricane. We have made enormous efforts to find a semblance of life there. You are the only person to date who does not understand this situation.
8°) In fact, you would have liked the services of a 4-5* for a studio rental!
In conclusion: I think that our low-cost rentals do not meet your requirements. We have noted your intention not to use our facilities again in the future and thank you for that. In order to avoid a new error concerning you, we record your details in our rejection list.
Sorry again for not being able to satisfy you with our prices.
With kind regards.
Mixed review but mostly good
To start the pictures are a bit misleading as it appears there is more separation between bed and futon. This is truly a small studio. The beds could have been more comfortable for my liking. Our hostess Monette, while mostly French speaking was awesome. We arrived very late and she was willing get up and check us in. I loved the location near the yacht club and walking distance to bars and restaurants. Right on the water the patio provided a nice view. Wifi was without fail. If you're looking for a place to do light cooking and wanting a place for mostly sleep after a day of exploring then this would be a good fit for you. Local charm with grocery and souvenirs market also within walking. I would stay here again and would recommend to others. Just know the square footage is quite small.
Hello, thank you poour your appreciation and sorry that you have not found the studio big enough, but the description on the website is in accordance with 40 m2 and as confirms the description a studio does not provide separation wall and in fact never had. Except for the separation of the kitchenette and the bathroom that they are well separated from the living room. I hope that despite these drawbacks you will have had a good experience on our island. Finally choose for once our LUX apartment that she has a separate room with a private bath and a kitchen on the terrace. But now the price is of course a different T2 :-) Kind regards.
Okay location and unit. Exterior needs work.
The best thing about our stay was sandy the property manager. She helped us a lot - whenever we needed her she was there thank goodness because we don't speak French. The unit itself was fine- just like in pictures. The pictures he has of the beach online I don't know where those are - you have to drive or take the bus 15 minutes to get to a beach. The outside of the property is not nice. It looks like they are trying to fix it but it needs paint and the pool needs work. The gate to the pool didn't work the first two weeks we were there and we had to climb through the fence. There is a bar restaurant onsite which is nice and is run my a nice family who was also very good to us. You can walk to downtown Marigot and the grocery store which is great.
Séjour agréable, malgré les travaux, des balcons et du voisins du dessus, et les gravats jetés devant la porte d'entrée. Mis à part ça, le logement est très bien situé Plage, marché, restaurant tout proches. Correspond au descriptif.
Je pense relouer le même l'année prochaine.
Désolé pour ces nuisances suite au passage du cyclone et contre lesquelles hélas ne pouvons pas faire grand chose ! Pour votre information, ces travaux sont à ce jour terminés et nous nous en réjouissons pour nos voyageurs. Seule la piscine reste un point épineux que nous allons résoudre rapidement j'espère. Le confinement ne nous aide pas non plus à avancer rapidement dans ces régions où tous va lentement ..... Au rythme des vacances .....
Très heureux que malgré tout vous ayez apprécié notre location et serons heureux de vous revoir, dans des circonstances plus reposantes.
séjour agréable malgré les travaux en cours
La situation du logement est top à proximité du centre de Marigot. Mais, les travaux dans la résidence et l'état de la piscine laissée à l'abandon ont un peu nuit à la sérénité du séjour. D'un autre côté nous étions prévenus et le loyer demandé tenait compte de ces désagréments. Donc, pour ce qui nous concerne, nous garderons malgré tout un bon souvenir de notre séjour.
Merci pour votre compréhension et j'en profite pour vous informer que les travaux des bâtiments sont en cours d'achèvement. Seule la piscine reste en l'état pour le moment. Nous avons hélas un syndic peu performant.
Discovery of the neighboring islands (Anguilla; St Barth; Pinel; Tintamarre ....) and sea excursions. Sailing or motor boat rental with or without Pilot. Sea license: Coastal in 15 days; Offshore in 45 days. Semi-Olympic swimming pool in the Residence. Traditional meals in local restaurants (lolo) 5 minutes walk from the Residence.
- english, french
About The owner.
Newly retired, I love the sun, the sea and all what these two things include. Let's not forget a temperate climate during almost all the year. After many trips to Saint-Martin for holiday, I discovered this warm environment and I made friends...
The owner. purchased this Studio in 2012
Why The owner. chose Marigot
I bought this rental property after being spend several trips in here for holidays. Seaside gated community, with a large car park with a dry cleaner's, close to the city centre of the capital of Saint-Martin (French part). It is located 5 min away walking from the marina Fort Louis and 10 min away from Marina Royale of Marigot. It combines escapism and quietness.
What makes this Studio unique
The “Résidence du Grand Saint Martin” is for me the prettiest place of Saint-Martin, French part. With an unobstructed view of the sea, a semi-Olympic swimming pool just for the residents in the middle of the gardens, as well as its bar/restaurant with the fancy and generous cooking (very good price-quality ratio) make of this favoured place perfect holiday and more.