5 Bedroom, 3 bath, on 3 acres of land with beautiful mountain views
Cathy Vetch or Don Vetch
Why Cathy Vetch or Don Vetch chose Lead
We built the Hilltop home on 3 acres of land, with a breathtaking view. It has a pond on the property, and lots of room for yard games or just plain relaxing. Enjoying time in the Black Hills has always been our family vacation.
Pool / Spa
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 12
Excellent family get away!
We enjoyed staying at Hilltop cabin. There was plenty of room (2 living rooms) for relaxing and games. It is close to the bike trail and to Lead and Deadwood. The wrap around deck was very nice, we could avoid or enjoy the sun all day. The grill was very clean, easy to use and efficient. It was nice to have access to the garage (it hailed one night!) and 3 bathrooms including a walk in shower was key.
Our only challenge was the stairs, but we were aware of them before we arrived and our older family members managed okay.
We’ve rented cabins in the Hills for over 10 years and all agreed this was “the best one yet”!
Thank you Julie, for your kind words and review! We are so happy you enjoyed the Hilltop Home, and hope to see you again!
The house is everybit as nice as it looks and is an awesome place to stay
My family of 4 and I stayed for a long weekend of snowmobiling. The house was easy to find with a great location close to the trail system so we could ride from the house without having to trailer out. The house was well equiped with everything we needed tomake some of our own meals and enjoy the stay. We even had cell reception which many others weve stayed in the area dont so thats a nice piece of mind. We all enjoyed our stay and would highly recomend this property to anyone.
It was totally awesome!
It was everything and more.
Well taken care of . Perfect .
Had a great time at Hill Top Lodge.
The Grandkids had a blast , outside most of day .
Traveled around the area everyday checking everything out.
Would recommend Hill Top for a place in the Hills.
The house was a big hit for all involved
Everybody at the house enjoyed it. The views were great and we loved the location. We loved driving the 6 miles to Cheyenne Crossing and eating there. We then went the 4 miles to Roughlock Falls. The house was in excellent condition. The deck curled around the house so no matter what time of day you will be able to get into the sun or out of the sun whatever your preference. There were ample deck chairs, dishes, blankets, pillows. There is a horseshoe pit and sand bag toss game in the yard. The kids had a blast running down to the little pond and stream just down the hill from the house. There are 3 or 4 very comfortable recliners which were used quite a bit. The pool table was in good shape and the kids enjoyed the hot tub. The owner was contacted several times during the process of renting and moving in and she was always pleasant, friendly and helpful.
Some very MINOR issues
1. The deck has a large space below the fence where a toddler could tumble right off of it. We had a 2 year old we kept in the house or in mama's arms if outside just to keep him away from the railing.
2. No air conditioning. This was not a problem as we were able to open the windows and set up fans and it was very comfortable.
3. The screen doors had a lot of resistance and it was difficult for people with drinks or food in hand or for children to go in and out of house without door coming back hard on you.
4. The TV channels were very basic cable so you might want to bring DVDs. The TVs did have USB ports in the back.
5. None of the bedrooms had a TV. We have discovered that in most rentals the Master Bedroom has a TV. This would have been nice because my mother is elderly and likes to lie in bed and watch TV. She ended up sleeping in the Living Room so she could watch TV,
Again these are all minor issues we experienced and outside of the Master bedroom not having a TV did not affect our enjoyment during our stay. We will definitely look at this property again next year for our reunion.