Self catering apartment in beautiful Edzell
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No smoking - There is a smoking area outsideThere is a smoking area outside
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter: 18
- The property must be left clean and tidy. As the property is a flat, consideration for neighbours is essential.
Nearby beaches are Lunan Bay by Montrose, Arbroath and Carnoustie. A 30-45 minute drive by car takes you there.
Edzell is ideally situated mid way between Aberdeen and Dundee. It is 10 minutes from the dual carriage way and both cities are about a 50 minute drive away. The nearest airport is in Aberdeen but Edinburgh and Glasgow are also within driving distance. Dundee has a small airport with limited destinations.
There are railway stations at Dundee, Montrose and Laurencekirk as well as a good bus service. Timetable available in the accommodation.
Walking, cycling, fishing and shooting around the Angus glens
Edzell castle is 1 mile and easy to walk to.
Brechin is 6 miles. Brechin castle, the garden centre, Pictish stones, cathedral, golf , golf course, golf football
Forfar is 20 miles. Glamis castle, Balmashannar monument, Forfar loch
There are numerous villages and towns surrounding Edzell each with its own interests and attractions.
Edzell is a past winner of the Britian in Bloom competition and prides itself in having a huge variety of amenities on hand:
- Panmure Arms Hotel for excellent and reasonably priced meals, drinks, morning coffee
- The Tuck Inn for sit down or carry out fish and chips and ice cream as well as other dishes
-The Glen Esk Hotel for a swim lunch and a refreshing drink or high tea on a Sunday
- 2 other cafes serving home-made soup and baking
- Edzell Golf Club (18 hole, 9 hole and the driving range). A round of golf followed by a well deserved meal can be booked at the club house
- Chemist, Post Office, award winning butcher, newsagent, Spar, hairdresser
- The Muir. This is Edzell’s park and comprises play area, football pitch, BMX track, barbeque facilities, toilets
- Garage with petrol/diesel
- Edzell castle
- Numerous scenic walks to suit all abilities from a gentle stroll along the riverside to the more challenging walks scattered amongst Glen Esk, Glen Lethnot, Glen Dye etc.
David & Emily MacSporran
About David & Emily MacSporran
We have lived in Edzell for the last 15 years. I recently retired from the Builders Merchanting Industry and now spend my time golfing, walking, gardening, diy and being a member of the Community Council. Emily is a retired accountant and she also enjoys the country pursuits. We both take an active interest in the village and the surrounding countryside and glens.
David & Emily MacSporran purchased this Apartment in 2013
Why David & Emily MacSporran chose Edzell
It is not often that properties come on the market for sale in Edzell. When Edgemuir, 97 High Street and the apartment above it did come onto the market at the same time we thought this was a great opportunity to invest in one of the original houses that was build around 1860. Edgemuir was in dire need of repair and we took time and care renovating it to a high standard. The property now offers very comfortable and freindly accommodation and has been awarded Scottish Tourist Board 4 star rating.