Best Vacation Value, Lots of Extras, Luxury Hot Tub!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Boulder Bay cabin description
Our Weekend, Mid-week, and Filler date specials offer HUGE $AVINGS!
YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BEAT THESE PRICES FOR THE QUALITY and LOCATION !!!
We're always having some sort of promotion, Call out toll free number to get the current Discount Promotions!
Located one street up from the lake with views, Walk to Pleasure Point Marina for boat rental discounts exclusive to our guests!
CHIPMUNK LODGE offers 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, an executive home with Lake Views, Large Decks, *INCREDIBLE HOT TUB!, Pool Table, Prof. Arcade Gaming Machine (MS. Packman), 2 fireplaces, 2 King Beds, 2 Queen Beds and more, What more could anyone ask for?
May I make a reservation please? 'Chipmunks Lodge' is an upscale 'LAKE-VIEW' home that we believe is one of the 'BEST VACATION VALUES PER DOLLAR SPENT'.
*The HOT TUB at the Chipmunk Lodge is the Ultimate In Hot Tub Luxury! 66 jets of customization and comfort! Guaranteed to be an exceptional experience when you indulge. Custom lighting effects brings even more excitement! Choose to either leave the water its regular color OR have the option of choosing any number of colors to keep it red, green, purple, yellow, etc. or choose to rotate through all the colors of the rainbow, fading or strobing effects.
Lots of options to choose from!
Keywords: Executive Lake View Home
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 15
- King size beds (2) Two wonderful high quality mattresses. One King up on the 3rd level and one King in the master bedroom., Queen size Beds (2) Two high quality Queen comfort mattresses. Each in their own bedroom with private sleeping., Double Beds (1) 1 futon (double bed size), Twin or Single Beds (3), Bunk Beds (2) 1 twin over double futon...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lake View
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Water Tubing
- Medical Services
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Our location and fun activities to do nearby: Nestled within the Beautiful Boulder Bay area: Only 1 street up from the lake, a brief walk block walk down will put you right at Pleasure Point Marina. Pleasure Point Marina offers professional fishing charters, boat rentals, a variety of water craft rentals such as canoes, kayaks, childrens boats with water guns etc., dock rentals are also available. Also is home to the cable park on the lake. Stock up on your fishing gear of purchase your fishing license. Boulder Bay Park, the newest waterfront park in Big Bear. Only a brief walk (my 81 year old mother walks it) gets you to the shoreline for fishing or a picnic on the water. Only: 6 miles to Snow Summit Ski Resort 7 miles (15 min drive) to Bear Mountain Ski Resort, Golf Course & the Moonridge Animal Park Big Bear Marina is approximately 1 1/2 miles away from the cabin. The Marina offers lake tours and rents out kayaks, jet skis, boats, etc. There is public Lake access is available right next to this marina. Pine Knot Marina, just at the entrance of the Village which is approximately 2 miles from the cabin. Home to a paddle boat tour (The Miss Liberty), para-sailing, jet skis and boat rentals. The Bowling Barn is a favorite hot spot and is just under 2 miles from the cabin. Other features offered here are Large Screen Sports TV, Pool Tables, Arcade Games and Bowling for all ages. Glow Bowling begins at 8:30p (M-F) and 7:30p (S-S). The Village is approximately 2 miles from the cabin. Filled with souvenier shops, restuarants, arcades, ice-cream & candy stores, there's something for everyone to explore. The Village also has a cinema that offers first run movies everyday with a total of 5 screens. Magic Mountain fun area is home to the only Alpine Slide in Southern California. This is approximately 1.5 miles distance from the cabin. Summer or winter you can luge down the slide in bobsleds after riding the chair lift to the top of the mountain. It's thrilling indeed. Dual Water Slides at Magic Mountain as well as minature golf, slick track race track, and a video game room and snack bar. Meadow Park - Approximately a 12 minute drive from the cabin. Lots of things to do here. The most noted is the only swim beach in Big Bear! There are also tennis courts, and a volleyball sand court. The Summit Sky Chair is located at the Snow Summit Ski area. The distance is approximately a 7 min drive from the cabin. Riders enjoy the experience of ascending from 7000 base to 8200 feet. At the top, there are many trails set up for mountain biking or hiking trails. There's also a snack chalet at the top as well as incredible over view of the lake. The Discovery Center, run by the Forest Service, provides hiking permits and offers, for a low cost, kayaking and canoe tours, and craft classes for kids; for free, forest classes. It is located across the lake on north shore. Moonridge Animal Park about a 15 min drive, the Zoo is located across the street from Bear Mountain. Baldwin Stables about a 30 min drive from the cabin. Keywords: Big Bear Cabin, Big Bear Cabins, BigBear Cabin, Big Bear Ca., Cabin in Big Bear, Big Bear Vacation, Big Bear Rental, Big Bear Rentals, Vacation Home Rental, Vacation Cabin Rental, Cabin Rental, Vacation Accomodations, Real Estate Rental Service, Holiday Rental, Holiday Home, log cabin rental, Santas Cabins, Ski Cabins, Cabin Rentals near Los Angeles, Rent by Owner, Big Bear cabin rental, Big Bear Lake, mountain cabin, Big Bear Village, Big Bear Marina, Big Bear Snow Summit, Big Bear Bear Mountain, the Big Bear Lake Area ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Place to Stay!Guest comment entered by owner
Great Place to Stay!
Jeri in the office is so helpful and very warm, called me several times to remind me about the check-in time and that road 330 is closed. The house entirely is very clean and cozy. We spent a lot of time inside the house rather than playing in the snow. I will recommend this unit to most friends that I know.
- Guest Orange County, Ca.
- Date of stay 03/01/11
- Review Submitted 10/18/12
Great All Around TimeGuest comment entered by owner
Great All Around Time
We had an awesome time. We've stayed in Big Bear before with another company. Gold Rush really made our stay! The home was super clean, the floor plan worked nicely for our family and we also appreciated the great price we got on a special.
- Guest Guest from San Diego
- Date of stay 05/04/12
- Review Submitted 10/18/12
Great Place, Cool Extras, Nice StaffGuest comment entered by owner
Great Place, Cool Extras, Nice Staff
Loved the Hot tub, nice and extra large. Having two fireplaces were pretty cool too. There was plenty of rooms and beds to sleep on and The pool table was a plus. The service of the staff was great. The people were all very nice and the location was good. There's also a view of the lake from the back
- Guest Guest from Los Angeles
- Date of stay 03/09/12
- Review Submitted 10/18/12
CALL FOR LAST MINUTE or Upcoming SPECIALS as well as Specific Total Cost Costs vary by season, holiday, and day of week as does nightly stay minimums PRICING includes ALL fees & tax. Save by Opting out of Towels & Travel Insurance Spring/Fall per night fluctuates from $541.00 - $707.00 - INCLUDES ALL FEES & TAX Summer per night fluctuates from $629.00 - $835.00 - INCLUDES ALL FEES & TAX THANKSGIVING per Night $960.00 - $1440.00 XMAS per night $1300.00 - $1900.00 Winter per night fluctuates from $1235.00 - $1909.00 - INCLUDES ALL FEES & TAX EMAIL US ON YOUR DATES FOR GETTING EXACT COST FOR TOTAL STAY
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: We wanted to give our young children an opportunity to experience the seasonal changes throughout the year. Our work schedules did not allow much time for travel experiences, we needed to keep to something that wouldn't require more than a couple of hours drive as we were looking to spend more of our time relaxing rather than traveling to the destination. Also important was a destination that we could enjoy and expose our children to a variety of activities including seasonal changes, especially snow. Big Bear won our hearts, it's the perfect place whether you are looking for activities to do or just relax and enjoy. An awesome Lake and awesome Slopes, there aren't many areas that offer such diversity and beauty in Southern California. We are so fortunate to have our home in Big Bear and are happy to allow other families to share, experience, and make your own special memories as we have! We know you will love it as much as we do!
Why the Owner Chose Boulder Bay:
Before seeing the property we say the name of the street, Chipmunk. It struck us so that we hoped we would find the perfect cabin on the street. As luck would have it we found this wonderful cabin. It's exterior charm and the lay of the land really heightened our interest. One of the nice attributes is that the properties that are technically across the street are situated such that you really don't see them from the kitchen window because across the street properties are located on top of the hill, which makes it nice and lends itself to more of the feeling of nature. This cabin had all the space we wanted, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. A bonus was that it also had a seperate den in addition to the livingroom. And, we love to burn a fire in the fireplace, this property has two! We also loved that we can see the lake from many of the rooms in the home as it is only 1 street up from the lake. The yard has many options, the front yard is a nice place for the kids to play in the snow and the south side of the home had the perfect place for us to put in a custome hot tub. Its larger capacity is sized to fit the spot just right. The north side of the property is the most awesome place in the winter as it turns into its own 'snow play' hill. No need to pay for such fun at the commercial resorts, save your money, the kids will have fun all day, our kids look forward to it every year! The neighborhood terrain is perfect to allow young children to ride their bicycles and is great for taking morning or evening walks, easy enough for seniors to enjoy as well.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We were told that the area of Boulder Bay tends to get more snowfall than other areas of Big Bear. For us, you didn't need to tell us twice, we definitely wanted to make sure our home would have snow when the potential was there. We are very happy we did! It's quiet location is also wonderful since it is far enough from the main boulevard that takes you to all the fun activities in Big Bear yet close enough to get you where you want to go with convenience. It's close proximity (1 street up) to Pleasure Point Marina makes launching our boat or renting any number of boats and water craft extremely convenient. The marina also offers fishing licenses, charter fishing excursions and a functional cable park. It's also walking distance to the newest Big Bear waterfront park, Boulder Bay Park, great for shore fishing, launching your canoe or kayak or just enjoying the beauty that surrounds. Getting to the slopes of Big Bear takes only minutes whether you are skiing the slopes of Snow Summit or boarding the slopes of Bear Mountain.
- Primary: Toll Free: (800) 363-8303 (California, USA)
- Secondary: Toll Free (800) 363-8303 (California, USA)
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Virtual Floorplan Tour of Chipmunk Lodge
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2002.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 16, 2014
5 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.