Lovely Lakefront Cabin on the Shores of Lake Santeetlah
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Santeetlah cottage description
The sun sets behind the Slickrock Mountains. The lake becomes dark and still. Fireflies flicker and dance over a rolling lawn – The sounds of crickets mingle with the lapping of gentle waves. As you sit on the deck of The Lil’ Red Cabin, the joyful thoughts of a day of adventure with close ones on the unmatched waters of Lake Santeetlah are slowly transformed into treasured memories - held forever…
Nestled in the shade of giant poplars and oaks The Lil’ Red Cabin at Walnut Cove welcomes you to the only rental home on Lake Santeetlah where a lakeside lawn and a gentle beach create the foreground to the best view on the lake. Come, stay, and create your memories.
The home provides an open deck and covered porch facing the lake with bar-b-q-q, private dock for your motorboat, open lawn with lakeside picnic table, and a canoe for quiet exploring. Before you, the untouched mountains fall into the lake, standing unchanged and unchanging… waiting… maybe for you?
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Double Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- With over 80% of the land protected as National Forest, Nature Conservancy, or National Wilderness, this area is not only the most beautiful and scenic area in the Smokies, but also has the greatest scarcity of private land...making it an adventure wonderland for nature enthusiasts. White Water Rafting Located within easy reach are five outstanding white water experiences: The Nantahala (Class II & III), The Ocoee (Class III & IV).The Chatooga (Class III & IV), The Nolachokee (Class III & IV), and the Cheoah (Class IV & V), located 10 miles from Wildsprings and considered the “top white water river in the Eastern US”. Mountain Biking & Horse Trails A 15 minute drive from Walnut Cove, the Tsali Recreational area offers four spectacular and challenging mountain biking and horse trails along ridges with spectacular views of Lake Fontana and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Tsali is one of the top mountain biking destinations in the eastern US. The trails are also open to hikers. Fishing The seclusion and unspoiled nature of Lake Santeetlah make it a fishing paradise. Teeming with largemouth and smallmouth bass, lake trout, walleye, bream, and crappy, the lake is destination to many enthusiasts, and until recently boasted the state records for walleye and largemouth bass. Two of the top ten trout streams in the eastern US flow into Lake Santeetlah, the Big Snowbird Creek and the Little Santeetlah Creek. A third, the upper Nantahala River is within 20 minutes of the lake. All these streams combine unimaginable beauty, challenging waters, rewarding catches, and are among the most biologically diverse settings in the world. Western North Carolina has over 2000 miles of streams and rivers. These fishing areas range in size from small back-country brook trout streams to large tailrace rivers. Wild Rainbow, Brown and native Brook trout inhabit the many cool mountain streams throughout The Great Smoky Mountains, where the many trails in the National Park, the Nantahala National Forest and the Joyce Kilmer Memorial forest offer endless opportunities for back-country fishing. Boating Canoeing, kayaking, water-skiing, jet-skiing, and wake-boarding are some of the many boating activities you can enjoy on Lake Santeetlah. The still water coves are perfect for beginner and advanced skiers alike. Take a leisurely tour in a pontoon boat through wild country. With close to 80 miles of the total shoreline of the lake in immaculate condition, chances are you could spot a bald eagle soaring over the waters or a deer swimming across a cove. This is your backyard, protected forever. Hiking and Trail Camping In addition to the Nantahala National Forest, the area is surrounded by hundreds of miles of hiking trails, including the Appalachian Trail, which extends into Great Smoky Mountains National Park and provides access to some of the most beautiful terrain on earth. It is a unique place to enjoy the peace and wonder of nature, whatever your hiking ability. Lakeside Camping Pitch your tent by the shore of the Lake Santeetlah, under more stars than you knew existed. Sit around a campfire long into the night telling tales and roasting marshmallows. The Forest Service maintains over fifty primitive campsites on the shore of Lake Santeetlah, many only accessible by boat. Most of these sites are equipped with a picnic table, fire ring, grill, lantern posts, and cleared area for pitching your tents. Once you stake a site it can be occupied for up to two weeks with no fee or permit required....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Peak Season: June-Sept 15 Weekly Rentals only Sat to Sat $1750 Sept 15 - June 1: $1500 per week Sept 15- June 1: Three night min stay: $250 per night or $1500 weekly Oct 15-Nov 30: Fall Season:Three night min stay: $300 per night $1750 per week *Excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Primary: +1 305-321-7393
- Secondary: +1 828-479-4603
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Views from the back deck...over lawn and beach area to Lake Santeetlah
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, July 01, 2013