30% Off-Wow! Luxury Home W/ Mountain Views; Sauna/Steam; Access to Downhill&Xc
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Crail Ranch townhome description
Marked down sharply from original rates!
Our very spacious, modern and beautifully appointed town home is nestled on a picturesque creek and meadow, with the Lone Peak Mountain and Spanish Peaks towering a short distance away. Sitting on a quiet street, our townhome is conveniently located just a short walk to Meadow Village, Town Center, a park, and hiking trails. You will be just steps away from great activities like tennis, golf, and hiking in the summer and skiing (downhill & XC), sledding, and ice skating in the winter.
The large and open 3,500 SF retreat has many 'fun spots' to relax and enjoy beautiful mountain and meadow views with your family and friends. Our home has new furniture, purchased by the best interior decorator in the area, turning our new house into a beautiful 4 BR and 4 BA home.
Upon entering our luxurious vacation home, you will be greeted by vaulted ceilings, large windows with stunning views, and gorgeous hardwood floors, providing a sense of grandeur and tranquility. An open floor plan on the main level contains a large living room with a spectacular stone fireplace, with an adjacent solid wood dining table. The kitchen has top-of-the-line appliances and granite counter tops. Four bar stools, a wet bar, and kitchen island provide plenty of space to gather and enjoy pleasant conversation, a coffee in the morning, or a glass of wine in the evening.
A game table and adjacent sitting chairs overlook the living room, providing a separate area to admire the majestic views that surround you while reading or playing games/cards with your family or friends. The large master bedroom is furnished with a locally made king bed, matched with dresser/nightstands, and lamps. You will enjoy an adjoining master bath and spacious walk in closet.
A separate large family room downstairs with a quaint black propane fireplace provides an extra gathering space to enjoy each others company. Three individually decorated bedroom are spread out on the lower level.
* Enjoy the peaceful sights and sounds of Crail Creek right out your back door. In the summer, dip your feet in the cool refreshing water in the summer!
* Two decks look out on the creek, lake, mountains, and fresh air of Big Sky, where you can enjoy a morning coffee or a home cooked meal.
* All televisions are new internet-enabled wide screen HD TVs so you can stream movies and your favorite shows!
* Cozy up near your two fireplaces to warm yourself in the winter. Enjoy both the towering stone fireplace in the living room or the quaint propane fireplace in the family room.
* Our sauna and steam shower will soothe your body and rejuvenate your spirits after a full day's activities in the beautiful outdoors.
* The master bedroom has its own private balcony.
* Wildlife viewing is common in the meadow (moose, elk, deer).
* Professional property manager is on call 24/7, and based just a mile away to answer any questions or provide assistance.
* Guest perks program provided at check in, offering discounts to local shops, restaurants, and activities.
Ideal location for outdoor activities
Our home is centrally located, a five minute walk or a very short drive to everything your heart desires.
In the summer, walk into town, or beyond to numerous hiking trails. Take a short stroll to a local park, Big Sky Golf Course, (designed by Arnold Palmer), tennis, and even skateboarding. You can also take a short walk to restaurants, fitness center, shops, and more. Rafting, canoeing, fishing, zip lining, and horseback riding are nearby, and historic Yellowstone Park is just 45 minutes away.
In the winter, take a short 7 minute drive or free shuttle bus to the slopes of Big Sky Resort. You can also step outside from our home and strap on your XC skis or snow shoes and connect with the Lone Mountain Ranch majestic 85 km trail system or go exploring on your own. Ice skating and winter fishing are also popular activities nearby.
You will have a vacation that will never be forgotten in our luxurious town home!
- 3500 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Children are welcome. There is a playground, skateboard park, tennis courts, and baseball fields all within a short walk. The home has internet-ready TVs for streaming and board games provided. ...moreless
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- 4 BRs, sleeps eight. Luxurious master bedroom looks out at Lone Peak. There is a small balcony off the large master bedroom, which also has an oversized closet and master bath. We have a newly built, locally-made king bed. All bedrooms have closets. We have three bedrooms downstairs. The first bedroom has a gorgeous queen bed, two night stands, and fantastic art. Huge windows with a sliding glass door exiting to the back yard and creek provide incredible light during the day. The second bedroom has a queen bed, night stands and wonderful artwork as well. The third bedroom has two singles and is decorated with bright colors and art. It is ideal for children....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Giant 7' by 24' master bathroom with double sinks, private shower, and separate tub. First floor bathroom has large shower, that can also provide a soothing steam shower. Across the hall, you will finds a wonderful sauna, ideal for rejuvenating your body and mind. Two other large bathrooms, one with a shower/tub combo and the other with a stand-alone shower, will give plenty of options for everyone....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Water View:
- Mountain View:
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Yes, you can have the best of both worlds! Our beautiful, luxurious townhome is surrounded by open space and a creek, lending itself to majestic views and a tranquil environment. However, it also is centrally located, just a short walk into town where you can eat at a variety of upscale and moderately-priced restaurants and visit local shops. This makes our Crail Ranch townhome the perfect place in Big Sky for all of your activities in all seasons. In the summer, you are within a five minute walk to outdoor activities such as hiking trails, golf, tennis, basketball courts, baseball diamond, a playground, and skateboard park. You are also within a five minute walk of shops, restaurants, a grocery, fitness center, massage/spa, and bank. The town's new movie theater is less than a mile away in the quaint town center. In the winter, cross country skiers can ski-in/out of our luxurious townhome right onto Lone Mountain Ranch's 85km groomed trail system. Or strap on the skis and head to Town Center for a warm lunch and/or beverage. An outdoor skating rink and public fire pit are special touches in this winter wonderland. Big Sky and Moonlight Basin Resorts are just 7 miles away, and you can catch a free shuttle bus to either resort if you don't feel like driving. Bighorn sheep, elk, moose, and deer are just some of the animals frequently seen in Big Sky. Historic Yellowstone National Park is 45 minutes away, where you can hike for miles and miles, where you will enjoy the wonders of our nation's finest National Park. Take a guided tour from Big Sky, or explore on your own. See buffaloes, moose, and many other animals in the park. Don't miss the famous Old Faithful geyser erupt into the sky like clockwork, along with too- numerous-to-count waterfalls and other special attractions in the park. You can also enjoy fly fishing, rafting, horseback riding, sleigh rides, and zip lines near by....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our stay was fantastic! The home was beautiful and in great condition. The house is situated in a quiet neighborhood. The surrounding scenery was peaceful and provided the opportunity for some amazing hikes. Everyone loved the sauna/steam room as well :)
- Guest Shannon (Manhattan, MT)
- Date of stay 10/10/13
- Review Submitted 10/31/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: Shannon and Kevin, It has been such a pleasure working with you over the past several months to make your important trip to our Big Sky home a success. We are glad you enjoyed our new home, the peaceful neighborhood, the beautiful surroundings, and nearby hikes we suggested. We always knew that our sauna and steam room would be a unique and popular feature of our home, but we are still amazed at how much our guests really love them both after a long day outside in the summer or winter! You and your family and guests are always welcome at our home to share some special moments. Jay
We had a great time at Big Sky! Much of that had to do with the beautiful home we enjoyed. It is as advertised, lots of room, and high end furnishing. The brand new appliances and dishware we put to use, as well as the awesome Sauna and Steam room. The group loved the location, with the pond, playground, and golf course within sight. In addition to the home, a highlight would be Yellowstone a short drive away. Looking forward to returning next year! One suggestion, some outdoor lounge chairs for the sunny days! Thanks again Jay. Jeff
- Guest Jeff (Calgary, AB)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 08/30/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Jeff, I am glad that you found everything not only as promised, but also to your liking. I agree, the sauna and steam room are nice touches-it was one of the deciding factors when we were choosing between homes to buy in Big Sky! We just returned from Big Sky and popped down to Yellowstone for a day as well. We saw plenty of bison. As for your suggestion for outdoor lounge chairs…great idea! Look for them next summer when you return! Thanks again for sharing our special home in Big Sky. Jay
Big Sky = BIG SKY!
Big Sky = BIG SKY!
This house was all we could have asked for …and more. Fabulous location, super-comfortable & clean easy living and beautiful amenities. I can't think of a better way to spend a glorious week in August --- unparalleled mountain views everywhere, spectacular hiking, rafting, zip lining, fly fishing and golf all right from the door or within an easy 10-20 min drive and great restaurants within walking distance. I feel like we experienced the best of what Big Sky has to offer and can only imagine the beauty it holds in the winter. Great find! Totally recommend! We will be back!
- Guest BEAGL (Philadelphia, PA)
- Date of stay 08/06/13
- Review Submitted 08/24/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
Owner response: It sounds like you did a lot of exciting things while in Big Sky. I am thrilled you liked the home and the location...there is certainly so much to keep you active within walking distance or a short drive. Since you mentioned the winter, our family has been coming to Big Sky for years during the winter, and we have a fantastic time skiing (downhill and XC), snow shoeing, and ice skating. Please let me know if you decide to come back for a winter vacation. Best, Jay
We really enjoyed our stay at this home, really first-class accommodations that exceeded our expectations! We had a party of seven that included 3 children and 2 seniors and there was plenty of room to spare. Having the upstairs master separated from the downstairs and living area allowed us privacy when necessary. We enjoyed having the deck doors open so we could hear the water rippling in the creek just outside. Great views of the golf course, creek, and mountains from the den and kitchen. Very open with high ceilings in the living area and kitchen with furnishings to fit the space nicely. The kitchen had everything we needed and more including tons of storage space and a large capacity ice maker that made it great for filling the ice chest for long day trips. Having the separate living area downstairs with the big screen TV was a great space for our children to hang out; they loved it. We had two vehicles in our party so the double garage with remote opener was a great feature we didn't expect. There is also a very large laundry room downstairs with full size washer and dryer and cabinet space to work on (and we used it). This was an excellent home base for our trips to Big Sky resort and Yellowstone, very comfortable in a quiet neighborhood. The owner was a pleasure to work with as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and look forward to coming back!
- Guest Mike (Houston, Texas)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Hi Michael, We are so thrilled that all three generations of your family thoroughly enjoyed our home. It sounds like you fell in love with the same things we did when searched for the ideal home in Big Sky: the creek right out the back, high ceilings, great views, and plenty of space for a family to spend a relaxing vacation! We strive so hard make sure things are just right, and you were fantastic guests to share our special place. I am glad you are interested in coming back!! Thanks again! Jay
beautiful home, wonderful locationGuest comment entered by owner
beautiful home, wonderful location
This place was fantastic and we had a great time in Big Sky! The townhouse sits just yards from a creek, which our kids just loved. It was sooo relaxing to sit out on the deck to read, eat a meal, listen to the water roll by, and soak in the beautiful surroundings. The furniture was all new, as was everything in the kitchen. Things were in good working order, as advertised. We also appreciated the streaming wide screen TVs...we watched Netflix movies a few nights, and played games other nights. We also didn't realize how convenient the location would be. Getting to places was very easy by car, and we were able to take a short walk to the park and into town to go to restaurants and shops. The biggest disappointment was that we never got to Yellowstone because there was so much to do in Big Sky. Maybe next time. Thanks for letting us stay in your new home! We definitely miss it already.
- Guest Allie and Mike
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 07/09/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 - Jan 5, 2014
5 night min stay
|early winter rates
Jan 6 - Feb 12, 2014
5 night min stay
|February Holiday rates
Feb 13 - Feb 19, 2014
5 night min stay
|late winter rates
Feb 20 - Apr 4, 2014
5 night min stay
Apr 6 - Jun 14, 2014
4 night min stay
|Summer 2014: special rate!
Jun 15 - Sep 6, 2014
5 night min stay
Sep 7 - Dec 6, 2014
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Note: VRBO website has a small glitch in which it is adding an insurance policy for $49. I do not require it, and will remove it before booking. VRBO is working on fixing the issue.
- Cleaning: $195 + tax
- Tax Rate 10%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bozeman at 45 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Lone Peak Brewery at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Big Sky/Moonlight Basin at 7 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Big Sky Resort: 72-par, Arnold Palmer course at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Olive B's Big Sky Bistro at 0.4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We were born in Philadelphia and Arlington, VA, and have lived in Maryland for over 20 years. However, we have always been able to get away from it all by hiking and skiing in the beautiful Western mountains. We have visited many places in the Western US, but have always loved Big Sky the most.
Why the Owner Chose Crail Ranch:
Our family first visited Big Sky seven years ago and immediately fell in love with the town, community, scenery, and people. We have gone back every year since, and finally decided to buy our own home. We love the outdoors: hiking and rafting in the summer and skiing (both downhill and cross country) in the winter. After spending time in a number of different locations on the mountain and in the meadow, we centered our search to Meadow Village and found the best property on the market...in upscale Crail Ranch. We bought the barely-used townhome empty, allowing us to put all new furniture in it with the help of one of the best local interior designers, allowing us to truly call it our home. We hope you will consider sharing this special place with us.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Our property is one of a handful of properties in Big Sky right on the West Fork Gallatin River (the size of a creek), allowing you to be soothed by the sights and sounds of water as you relax in our home. You can walk out the door and hop on XC ski trails, or head to the playground or hiking trails in the summer, all by foot! After a great day outdoors, enjoy our sauna and/or steam shower. We have hired the best property manager in town, that will provide you with 24/7 services and discounted ski rentals, shopping, restaurant, and spa services available only to our guests.
- Primary: + (410) 790 2116
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of grand house; large balcony, view of creek, mtns and meadow on other side
beautiful new dining room table; enjoy meals and look out at creek/mountains
view from dining room to living room and loft, where there is a game table
family room with excellent views of creek, and mtns; great for small groups/kids
new, locally made master bed; view of Lone Peak from bed or balcony;
guest room with new queen bed, lamps, nightstands, & dresser; adjacent bathroom
family room, w/ TV, fireplace, great views, and plenty of light!
help your muscles restore after a great day outdoors in our private indoor sauna
another view: guest room with new queen bed, nightstands, & dresser;
Mud room near garage/side door...a convenient place for coats, shoes, and boots
view of living room, dining room, & deck; larger deck with grill on lower level
view of Lone Peak from groomed Lone Mountain Ranch XC trail accessible from home
enjoy majestic views, watch our internet-ready hi-def TV, or cozy up in winter
Majestic views from dining room; option to eat outside on deck overlooking creek
top of the line Viking appliances! Vaulted ceilings create plenty of space!
loft area with game table, chairs, and views of meadow/mountains
guest bedroom has a new queen bed, nightstand, dresser, looking out at creek
Two twins, fun accessories, ideal for the kid in everyone!
large master bath; four bathrooms in house, including a sauna and steam shower
large Jack and Jill full bathroom downstairs
Another view of guest bedroom with dresser, nightstands; bathroom adjoins
Another view of family room: great space for family and friends downstairs
enjoy views of mountains/river/lake, & walk to hiking/dining/XC trails from home
Yellowstone's Old Faithful in the winter...just 45 minutes away!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!