VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Make Sunrise Your Tamarindo Vacation Relaxation Headquarters!
"My friend and I enjoyed a Tamarindo vacation during the first week of September 2014. We stayed right across the street from the beach in the Sunrise Condos. A beautiful view of the spectacular pool as well as a glorious blue ribbon of ocean and swaying palm trees could be enjoyed while sipping cocktails on thirty eight's balcony. Sunrise Condos was a perfect base of operations...we'd stroll to grocery stores to pick up breakfast and lunch provisions...and then dine out...many delicious restaurants within walking distance, all featuring outdoor dining (which I love) on covered patios or terraces. Nothing like enjoying a piece of homemade coconut cream pie while watching the surf crash in the moonlight! I would definitely recommend our accommodations...thirty eight was clean, comfortably furnished with plenty of closet space and towels, and featured little extras that made it feel like home...a beach bag to tote your stuff to the beach, a small paperback "borrow one, leave one" library, and recent issues of several popular magazines. Ate most meals on the balcony...comfortable cushioned wicker furniture, a balcony ceiling fan, and the great views mentioned above made it hard to leave. The kitchen is fully stocked with ample glassware, dishes, glassware, more pots and pans than you'll ever need with all the great Tamarindo restaurants, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, and blender. The pool is clean and the cascading waterfall feature (wonderful for a shoulder massage!) lifts it several steps above ordinary. Sunrise features a 24-hour security gate to add to your sense of comfort and well-being. One of the most relaxing vacations I've ever been on...you won't be disappointed!"
Guest: SueDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: November 5, 2014
"Un perfecto lugar para vacacionar y relajarse con amigos. La señal de wifi muy buena, los cuartos bien repartidos, muy limpio todo. Regreso en dos meses , gracias a Myvho por elegir con nosotros esta propiedad."
Guest: CaroDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 13, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
The property manager was very helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was very happy with the location.
I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
This was my wife and my first trip to Costa Rica and it was an amazing experience. The staff was very accommodating and the condo was beautiful and perfectly located close to everything. We felt completely safe our entire week of stay and will be back for sure."
Guest: Steve T.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 6, 2015