This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Snowshoe reviews
"Had a great vacation with my two daughters. Comfortable room. All the necessary amenities. Even a calling card to make outgoing phone calls. No cell service. It was great to get away from email and contact and focus on ourselves and skiing. Location awesome. Thirst? Hungry? Right by lift. easy in...easy out. great for talking breaks, getting snacks, and drinks. Village nearby. ( shortcut through the snow!) easy bus transfer to night skiing at silver creek. Will be 1st choice when we return!"Guest: Jeffrey R. Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: February 3, 2014View listing
"This was our second visit to Snowshoe in a month. The last time was spent in the village and while nice, it was no where near as enjoyable as our most recent stay. The condo was decorated and provisioned perfectly. It was quiet and peaceful without all of the racket and hustle of the village. Best of all the rental experience was excellent. I have never been as satisfied with a rental process as what I experienced. Thanks for a great holiday."Guest: brad Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: March 21, 2014View listing
"First time skiing and at Snowshoe, this place was perfect! The owner was very informative and helpful when setting up our stay. The staff was super helpful and friendly, everyone in Soaring Eagle was great. The view was spectacular, even though it was near the end of season we had snow and my son was able to build a snowman, which made us all very happy. Great vacation and will definitely stay here again. We are in love with West Virginia, Snowshoe and skiing."Guest: Jackieh Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: March 26, 2014View listing
"There really isn't a more accurate description available for this unit than what the owner has on the VRBO site. It is spot on. The location is excellent. The unit worked well for three guys, although we all agreed that if there was one female involved, it would have been a problem. We did have quite a bit of noise coming from the "furniture movers" that were upstairs above us. One major issue: ice build up on the deck out side. It is very slick and you can't see it. All said, we enjoyed the unit and won't hesitate to book it again."Guest: Dan S. Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: February 9, 2014View listing
Snowshoe Travel Tips
Nestled into Pocahontas County in West Virginia is the village of Snowshoe. This town, located at the base of Allegheny Mountains, is full of welcoming charm and atmosphere.
The main travel focus of Snowshoe is centered around skiing at the Snowshoe Mountain Resort, but there's much more to see and do here away from the slopes. Though the town is most well-known for its winter activities with almost 500,000 skiers visiting every year, there's plenty to do year-round.
Aside from terrific options for snowy activities, Snowshoe also offers a variety of cultural attractions to enjoy during a romantic trip or fun family vacation. Try the various local dining establishments for delicious meals and explore all that Snowshoe has to offer, no matter the season, so you can learn more about the area's history, heritage and residents.
Warm Weather Things to Do
- Pocahontas County Opera: If you're hoping to see some live entertainment during your trip to Snowshoe, you'll find it at the Pocahontas County Opera House, the area's premier performing arts center. The space seats about 250 spectators and offers performances ranging from jazz, bluegrass and folk music to musical theater and everything in between. The building, which is a century old, is on the National Register of Historic Places and can often be found filled with people enjoying the performing arts. The Opera House is also host to a plethora of community events like open jam sessions and movies nights. All performances are family-friendly and children ages 17 and under are admitted for free! Keep in mind: Tickets can be purchased at the door, but are cash only.
- Raven Golf Club: Golf lovers will love playing at Raven Golf Club, which was voted the No. 3 course in West Virginia by GolfWeek Magazine in 2012. Beautiful natural scenery creates a peaceful backdrop and long fairways take advantage of the terrain. It will be a joy to move from hole to hole and you'll want to come back every day to practice your swing.
- Split Rock Pools: Take advantage of the warm weather and cool off at Split Rock Pools. With a geyser, water slides, indoor and outdoor swimming areas as well as a sauna and hot tub, there's a place for everyone, from kids to adults. Whether you want to splash around and play or sit back and relax, you can do it at Split Rock Pools.
- Cranberry Glades: One of the most interesting attractions near Snowshoe is Cranberry Glades, a unique ecosystem. Here you can see a variety of rare plants and animals throughout the 750 acres like the northern flying squirrel, American bald eagle, the pitcher plant, red spruce trees and yellow birches. This tract of land is protected in order to preserve the plant and animal life that live here.
Cold Weather Things to Do
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort: When visiting Snowshoe in the winter months, it's hard to miss out on the skiing at Snowshoe Mountain, the largest winter resort in the Mid-Atlantic. It features two black diamond trails that boasts a 1,500-foot vertical drop and 60 percent pitch. Skiers and snowboarders alike can take advantage of 15 acres of terrain. Snow bunnies and those new to the sports can try Yew Line, a half-mile novice slope. For snowboarders, there are two terrain parks with a half pipe and a variety of rails. There's also plenty of space for those who prefer cross country skiing to downhill. When you need a break from the winter chill, head into the Seneca Lodge. You can also try your hand at snowmobiling, snowshoeing and tubing down six different lanes. For a romantic moment, take your sweetheart on a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- The Big Top Amusement Park: For some serious family fun, head to the 15,000-square-foot The Big Top Amusement Park and Playground. With a variety of exciting entertainment features like inflatables, a climbing wall, Eurobungy and a snack bar, it's the perfect place to spend some time off the slopes. It's open during the winter months from November through March. You'll find live entertainment, craft sessions and movie nights here as well as Santa during the holidays and even magic shows. Children under the age of 6 are admitted for free!
- The Tuscan Sun Spa & Salon: All of those winter sports are sure to take a toll on your body. Soothe aching muscles at The Tuscan Sun Spa & Salon. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage to work out any knots and tension, treat your wind-burned skin to a facial and spruce up your digits with a manicure and pedicure. Revel in an afternoon of pampering and you're sure to leave feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.