Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Stunning 3-bedroom cottage on Carsington Water, at edge of the Peak District
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Maximum occupancy must include all babies and infants and can't be exceeded. We do not permit the use of airbeds and mattresses.
- To help maintain the high decorative standards of our properties, furniture must not be moved and nothing should be stuck to the walls, doors etc.
- Exclusive use of any communal space is only permitted when people have hired all of the holiday cottages.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Minimum 1-day vacancy between guest stays
Cleaned with disinfectant
- english, french
About Joanne Basford
After 20 years living abroad, we returned to home to Derbyshire in 2015 and bought Stainsborough Hall and it's holiday cottages. We've extensively renovating the cottages and the main house and have been welcoming guests since the summer of 2016. We both grew up around this area and are passionate about helping people see the best that Derbyshire has to offer.
Joanne Basford purchased this house in 2015
Why Joanne Basford chose Hopton
Stainsborough Hall is a beautiful estate and quite unique. It feels like you are in the middle of nowhere - and yet it's not to far to anywhere. You can walk to the local pub (1 mile) and into Wirksworth. We have public footpaths on our doorstep and you can get directly on the path around Carsington Water from our land. Matlock and Ashbourne are both less than 10 minutes away by car and it doesn't take 30 minutes to get to the centre of Derby. The cottages are very well maintained and spotlessly clean, the views are stunning and the gardens are full of interesting flowers and plants that bloom throughout the year. There's plenty to do at Stainsborough Hall - we've got table tennis, a tennis court, children's play area. We are surrounded by sheep and cattle - but for our four-legged friends, we've fenced a large field just for them to run around in.