Great View Over Sea. Close to Beach and Lisbon City(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
- 1 double bedroom, 1 full bathroom, sleeps 4 to 6 on sofa bed, fully equipped
This apartment has one bedroom with a very comfortable double bed, a twin bed in a large living room overlooking the sea. It also has a balcony with superb views over the sea. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy fresh fish and seafood caught in the area and all snacks of typical Portuguese food.
If you like the bustle of cities, use your car or take the bus to Lisbon (40 km) and enjoy the shops, historic sites, bars and beautiful places that you will never forget. We give you 8 resasons to stay here:
• Sesimbra is a natural paradise near Lisbon;
• The nightlife of Lisbon rivals the famed Madrid nightlife . The Bairro Alto is the main stage, there are over 250 bars lined up in a web of typical streets with walls painted graffiti. You can also visit the Pension Love at Cais do Sodré, and Lux nightclub .
• The irony of the Portuguese and old fun melancholy was reborn with the austerity of recent years. It is helping the Portuguese to keep the irony, even in difficult times.
• The beaches where you can eat great fish on the beach, and castles are some minutes walking away. The beaches and a huge casino in Estoril, Cascais a little further. Sintra is another destination recommended for a visit.
• The design. Lisbon enjoys being beautiful. From clothing to decor, through architecture. The Mude museum of fashion and design and work of award-winning architect Alvaro Siza Viera are even to see.
• The great buildings of art: Gulbenkian, Berardo Collection Museum, Museum of Ancient Art and the Oriental Museum, are among the counseled areas . Capitals such as London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid have collections of art of great success, but Lisbon has its own range of buildings.
• The fascinating streets. No one hates touring Lisbon on the sidewalk “Calçada Portuguesa”and tiles on typical buildings in the city.
Sesimbra is implanted on a hillside within a privileged area of astonishing beauty. This apartment with its position, will provide unique moments of pleasure and relaxation. Due to its natural and weather conditions, this region is ideal for practicing several types of sports all year around.
Several beaches are near the apartment location, are all of fine white and clean sand.
Special for walk and Mountain-Climbing by the sea. Excelent to recover from a busy year.
Bring your family to Sesimbra and they will never forget this excellent place.
Golf Courses near Sesimbra: Aroeira 1: Set beside the south bank of the Tagus just a few minutes from Lisbon, Aroeira is a course that perfectly reconciles the requirements of a championship course whilst being set in beautiful landscape.
Aroeira 2: Designed by the architect Donald Steel, with 18 long holes that contour 6 large lakes
Quinta Do Peru: With the Arrabida mountain range as its backdrop, the Quinta do Peru Golf Course is the newest of the courses situated in a region of castles to the south of river Tagus.
Troia: Designed by Robert Trent Jones, this is one of the most fascinating golf challenges in Portugal, laid out across a peninsula close to the sea, with the majestic backdrop of the Arrabida mountain range, and surrounded by beaches.
Montado: One of the country's newest golf courses set in flat terrain, Montado's landscape is dotted with oaks and Intersected by rivulets and small lakes
History: Portugal, a country with a rich history of seafaring and discovery, looks out from the Iberian Peninsula onto the Atlantic Ocean. Portugal's history has had a lasting impact on the culture of the country: Moorish and Oriental influences in architecture and the arts are prominent.
During the past 3 000 years, Portugal has witnessed a constant ebb and flow of civilisations. Phoenician, Greek, Celt, Carthaginian, Roman and Arabic cultures have all left their imprint. In the 15th century, Portugal’s intrepid maritime explorers led by Vasco da Gama discovered new territories, leading to the accumulation of an overseas empire.
The President, elected for a five-year term by universal suffrage, has limited powers. The parliament has 230 members, whose mandate is for four years.
The university of Coimbra, established in 1290, is one of the oldest in Europe. Among the best-known Portuguese poets are Luís de Camões and Fernando Pessoa.
Transport from Lisbon to Sesimbra: From Lisbon Airport: Use BUS to Praça de Espanha, then BUS to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Oriente railway station: Use Subway to Cais do Sodré, Then Ferry to Cacilhas, Then BUS to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Santa Apolónia railway station: Use BUS or Subway to Cais do Sodré, Then Ferry to Cacilhas, Then BUS to Sesimbra;
You may use Taxi from Lisbon to Sesimbra (about 50 euros, Ask for an invoice to the taxi driver before paying).
Member since: 2004
- On floor 1
- 80 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoking Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- See picture, it is nice and clean.
- Visitors can easily manage to get around several sport and leisure activities, such as: surf, golf, water ski, boat trips along the Estuary of Sado River, visits Arrabida Natural Park, 3 castles in the region (Sesimbra, Setubal and Palmela), to a fine site of dinosaur footprints at Cabo Espichel and in the noble village of Azeitao, so famous for its private farms, visitors can have regional cheese and local wines. During the summer, in the month of June, festivities dedicated to three saints known as Santos Populares (Popular saints) take place all over Portugal. Folk dance and music, particularly the melancholy fado, remain vibrant. Each region of Portugal has its traditional dishes with various kinds of meat and seafood, including the hundred ways of cooking cod fish, the national dish....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
- Mountain View:
- Near The Ocean:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Maps
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden
- Porch / Veranda
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
5 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Building GPS Location: 38º26'37.26'N 9º05'37.37'W
Transports from Lisbon:
From Lisbon Airport: Use subway, bus or taxi to Praça de Espanha, then bus to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Oriente railway station: Use subway or taxi to Praça de Espanha, Then bus to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Santa Apolónia railway station: Use subway or taxi to Praça de Espanha, then bus to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon Airport to Sesimbra by Taxi (about 50 euros).
If you arrive Lisbon Airport from 20.00h to 22.00h we can transport you to Sesimbra.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: We (Jose and Fernanda) are public servants living near the village. We love Sesimbra and this apartment is our second home that we use to share with our familly. Sometimes we rent it to help with the costs.
Why the Owner Chose Sesimbra, Portugal:
Because this property is located in a beautiful and quiet place near sea beach and mountain. Nature is very beautiful here. We plan to live here after retirement. This apartment is legally authorized to operate as a holiday home for tourists.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The view from the balcony is spectacular, the beach is clean and quiet, the food in the restaurants is excelente. This place has fresh air and tranquility. Ongoing support: We promise to keep in touch and help during your stay. Our customers are our first priority. We can advise your tourist route in Portugal, we have plenty to offer: Sun and Sea, Nature Tourism, Nautical Tourism, Gastronomy and Wines, Cultural and Landscape Touring and City Breaks.
Links to more information:
Bay of Sesimbra
Why not? Portugal has excelente wines!
Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, glasses, etc.
Sesimbra Beach uses to have a Blue Flag (Clean & Healthy)
TV Sitting Room
Bed Room Mirror
This area can be closed and transformed into a bed room with two single beds
All spaces are decorated with care
Apartment building on Village seen from harbour side
View on the way to the beach
Sesimbra Fortress and Beach
Village View from Apartment Balcony
Sea is always present
A cute sofa where you can rest and recover energy to next adventure
WC with shower and tube
Twin beds, if necessary
Apartment place in the Building
Left view from balcony
Walk If You Want
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.