About the property
- House760 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
This rental is new to the market!
Complete remodel done in December, 2017! 2/1 midrise home in a gated community! Features a brand new grill, deck with seating and table, 2 person kayak, 1 person kayak, remodeled tile walk in shower, laundry in unit, 1 adult trike, desk, wifi, live streaming kodi tv box, extra cots for guests and a short walk to the pool! Sleeps 6 in beds. The resort does not allow more than 6 per unit.
Child and pet friendly, there is a refundable deposit and no more than 2 pets allowed.
This is the ultimate affordable "Keysie" home, quaint, quiet and a great location! Right on great fishing channels and the world famous restaurant- the Square Grouper within walking distance. This unit is also directly next to a bath house with showers and laundry. There is one vehicle allowed at unit, but an extra (or a boat) can be parked in overflow lot for $2 per night if you’d like. 24 hour security and gated entry into the park, big pool, hot tub, marina, convenience store, boat launch, ocean swimming area, and a community center with various activities! Only 20 miles form Key West!
Cable service is not reliable, the home is equipped with an amazon firestick for you to watch whatever you’d like.
Please note there is a $53 resort charge when checking in for visitor pass that is paid directly to the park’s association and paid in cash.
No smoking in unit!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 13, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Smart stay near Key West
The whole rental process was great & getting this place for a 3-day holiday in the Keys was a smart choice!
+ Danielle was very nice and responded in a rapid manner to our questions /texts we would send to her.
The park itself called--- Venture Out, is very well maintained with good security and a nice very warm swimming pool (and a perfect hot tub). Amenities are all within driving distance. The park does have a little store. But there's also a CVS down the road.
It took us about 20 to 30 minutes to get to Mallory Square in Key West. This lovely home on Cudjoe Key was a gr8 launching spot. You could also paddle board here in the park. The home itself was just perfect... And was very clean and well maintained. Great WiFi 2!!!
We had a couple bikes we could use as well. Thanks Danielle for making our stay great!
Harold P. JR
Cute little place! Danielle was great and very helpful.
We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely come back! Thank you Danielle for providing a nice place for us to stay and for your recommendations and quick response for when we had a question.
Thank you so much, Kristi! It was a pleasure having you, I’m so glad you enjoyed the house and experience! Please come back sooner rather than later! ;)
The month of February in the Keys.
This charming little cottage met our needs perfectly. The living areas are spacious, and the kitchen well-equipped. The resort amenities were super. We enjoyed being close enough to everything Key West has to offer, while being able to return to this quiet retreat at days end. The owners were very accommodating, and always accessible.
Very nice place to stay in the Keys.
The rental was clean and well kept. Great location. 30 minutes to Key West.
Quiet getaway with multiple amenities.
We had a lovely experience. I hope to repeat this vacation next winter and wouldn’t hesitate to stay at this rental. Danielle was quick to answer our questions.
If you like to camp but wish it was more expensive, book this place
The unit was very clean, & the resort/community it’s located in was safe & cute. The pool & hot tub were super clean and lovely. HOWEVER, our unit did not have hot water. It was luke warm at best & miserable to shower in (I will say that the bathroom was recently redone & looked very nice). I contacted the host & she said someone would be by at 8am to fix it, & they would need to access our bedroom. Bars in Key West are open til 5am; we did not want to be out of bed at 8 but had to get up to be out of the way. To my knowledge, no one ever showed up. She said that he’d come by and “adjusted hot water heater” from the outside of the house? The water remained cold for the entirety of our stay (3 nights), and we were inconvenienced with the 8am wake up for no reason. Host told us to shower next door in public shower house.
Unit was completely devoid of basics i.e. salt & pepper, paper towels, etc. There was confusion over check out time because she sent me an email with the wrong time (a five hour discrepancy), typed incorrectly TWICE, & I had to text her screenshots to “prove” it. The “adult trike” is a rusty broken joke. There are kayaks as advertised, but you must provide your own way to actually get them to the water (too far to comfortably carry on foot). There are no space heaters (or central heat) so the house was FREEZING each night. If we’d had children, elderly, or sick people in our party, we would not have been able to stay. It was THAT cold. After we’d left she sent me an text about a missing pillow (?) that felt a bit accusatory, although that could have just been my perception.
I understand that they are recovering from Hurricane damage, but if you aren’t able to accommodate guests as advertised I believe the listing should be updated (and price reduced!) or booking postponed until house is complete.
I'd like to address a few of the issues you brought up:
1. You paid for 4 guests, and had at least 5.
2. Over the last year 6 moths of renting this home, you are the only person to say there was not hot water. It is a 10 gallon tank, so 5+ people showering will not all have hot water. Luckily, our unit is next to the bath house for larger parties. I apologize for Adam coming at 8 a.m (which he did and adjusted it to 120 degrees,) but he works full time during the week and that was the only way we could fix your concern as quickly as possible. He did not wake you, because he didn't go inside. I was there within 20 minutes of you leaving and the water was plenty hot.
3. The unit is far from being "devoid of basics," I have a full roll of paper towels on the counter, I provide garbage bags (in two sizes,) napkins, dishes, utensils, grilling accessories, fresh sponge, 2 different hand soaps, dish washing soap, and even laundry detergent. Salt and pepper are not included, that's correct, we do not provide food items.
3. The check out time on the listing is 10 a.m and was also in your confirmation email. The "welcome email" from VRBO had the times swapped, but in 3 other places it was correct that you surely noticed. I've never stayed anywhere in my life that has a checkout at 3 p.m, no big deal was made- I apologized for the mix up and gave you another hour (2.5 hours after check out time) to vacate.
4. I'm unsure what you expected with the kayaks, but the water is about 80 feet from the kayaks location. They do not have a trailer, two people can easily walk it across the street.
5. I'm sorry you happened to visit the Keys during a cold front, but 75% of people that live here, do not have heat. Unless you have central air, which is only found on stilt homes, there is not a heater in the house. We use space heaters, because you only use heat for 5-10 days (if that) throughout the year. There is a space heater in the home by the way, it was right in the master bedroom.
6. We are recovered from hurricane Irma, and are one of the lowest nightly rate accommodations in the lower keys.
7. There was a missing pillow and pillowcase, also terribly stained/wrecked brand new bathroom rug from people not removing shoes.
Thank you for taking the time to leave the review. I'm glad you liked the cosmetics of our hard work since the devastation we endured. I hope you find what you're looking for next time.
Additional information about rental rates
There is a strict check out time policy. You must vacate the property by 3 p.m or I will charge an extra nightly fee from the deposit. We have check ins normally on the same day you check out. I am charged double for cleaning if they do not have the time allotted they need. The pet fee is PER animal and nonrefundable which also goes to my cleaning people. There will also be a $50 fee for any trash and/or food left in the unit after check out. All animals must be caged and never left unattended in the house, and if left to go to the bathroom on the carpets- a $150 professional cleaning fee will be taken out of the deposit. Thank you!