Whether you're traveling for business, sight-seeing or coming for medical treatments this is the place for you. We are open to hosting small events but must be prearranged with the host.
We would like to share our little piece of heaven with you. Wake up in the morning, look out your window, & see horses grazing in the field? We offer direct access to Schooley Mill (an equestrian park) with scenic wooded trails for nature walks.
There will be a lock-box with a key for the apartment door. If you have difficulty unlocking the door or need to contact me immediately for any other reason, Our written phone number is on the lockbox. When you end your stay, please just leave the key on the table in the kitchen. FYI For your safety and ours, there are Ring security cameras throughout the property and the pool room.
You will have exclusive access to the suite which is pictured. The kitchen, which is fully stocked with cooking utensils and will be yours exclusively to cook in, pots & pans, dishes, cups & silverware, oven, 1 warming drawer, microwave, refrigerator and the list goes on. I will be leaving a packet of coffee in one of the cabinets. This should be enough coffee for 1 pot of coffee. There is sweetener, sugar, powder creamer and a few different flavored teas for your enjoyment to get you started. Please don't throw away the mason jar. Just an FYI, all the supplies, I am leaving you, were not packaged in a commercial kitchen, they were packaged in my clean home kitchen.
In the bathroom pictured, there will be a small bottle of shampoo and soap in case someone may have forgotten theirs. The shampoo is the VO5 brand so if it gets in the eyes it may hurt. Please leave the empty bottles behind, I reuse them.
The sleeping arrangements: The canopy bed size is queen, one of the futons folds out to a full size bed, the futon chair folds out to a single.
Interaction with guests:
My husband and I live in the main part of the house.
We’ll be available to offer help throughout their stay.
Other things to note:
All guests require an owner assigned escort to approach the horse or barns.
Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
- So our next guests can enjoy as well, please leave the house in same condition that you received it.
- -All guests must be noted and included on the itinerary which is required, even guests just visiting for the day or portion of. There will be a surcharge of $29 for additional guests and may be charged against the deposit.
- If you are new to short term rentals, and have not yet completed your profile on the website, a photo needs to be included. As well, a government issued identification will be asked for if you are requesting through VRBO (HomeAway) or one of their partner websites. We would like to know who is coming to our home. Please take the time to share more about yourself, where you are traveling from, and what you will be doing in Maryland/DC while staying in our home. ( IF a couple/family/friends are coming, which need to be included on the itinerary, then please included some things about your traveling companions as well as their full name and where they are from).
- -The poolroom fireplace is not to be operated by guests. If you would like it on, please request ahead of time.
- -This house is not baby-proof. There are no corner guards, locks on cabinets, there is cleaning supplies in the cabinets and the like. Parents/guardians are required to take responsibility for this without damaging our home.
- -The apartment must be secured (all exterior doors closed and locked) upon departure. There is also a small personal safe for your use in the apartment. You are free to set the combination to whatever you would like.
- -This is not a party house. Quiet time 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. If your habits are such, that your group is up during the night into the morning people coming to the house and going out, this is not the home for you.
- The pool is an option, but our home is a family-friendly environment, please be sure bathing suits are appropriate for a family environment. Please no skinny dipping. There is a Ring video floodlight in the pool room for safety purposes. See rental agreement for additional rules.
- We are Green friendly, please conserve energy and carbon footprint. Such as, but not limited to, keeping the doors and windows closed when air conditioning or heat is on. A/C may fail if windows and/or doors left open. Remember, we are a horse farm, leaving doors open lets flies in as well (although we work hard in reducing the amount of them.)
- Don't feed the horses, many of them are on a special diet.
- No climbing the fences.
You must also acknowledge:
Pet(s) live on property - Horses and 1 barn cat for each barn.