About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Our peaceful West Shore, Lake Tahoe, cabin is ideally located between Sunnyside and Homewood, and it is just across the street from majestic Blackwood Canyon "Sno-Park," ideal for hiking, biking, snowshoeing and XC skiing (click on our video for an aerial tour). Walk 1-1/2 blocks to the beach, swimming, new pier, and lakeside bike path. Bright and sunny, south facing. Our cabin is furnished with leather club chairs and couch; a walk-in shower, high-speed WiFi, new 4K Ultra HD smart TV, Bose radio/CD, Amazon Echo "personal assistant," Toto "washlet" toilet (heated seat and bidet); and Weber BBQ. We are dog friendly!
With Lake Tahoe's magical West Shore and the wilderness of Blackwood Canyon to explore, all within two minutes walking distance from our home, guests will enjoy coming home to a refurbished "old Tahoe" cabin tastefully equipped with modern amenities. We are new to VRBO. You won't believe it's a rental!
• Across the street from Blackwood Canyon and Creek, and Eagle Rock, a locals' favorite recreation area
• 1-1/2 blocks from Lake Tahoe, including homeowner's private pier and swim ladder
•"Welcome basket" of complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate for breakfast
• Free "concierge service" to help plan your stay
• A two-car driveway is snowplowed in winter after each storm
• Near Squaw, Alpine Meadows and Homewood ski resorts
• Near Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park, with marked XC and snowshoe trails
• Relax in plush leather club chairs and sofa
• Chattam & Wells luxury mattress
• 400-count linens and duvets
• New Toto "washlet" toilet: automated bidet function, heated seat, and eco-conscious
• High-speed cable WiFi
• New 4K Ultra HD smart TV with Netflix, ideal for sports and movie watching
• Sony cable TV in bedroom
• Bose radio/CD player
• Amazon Echo "personal assistant": capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, and providing weather, traffic, and other real-time information, such as news
• Board games
• Full kitchen equipped with All-Clad cookware, Cuisinart "grind and brew" coffee maker, waffle iron, cast iron griddle, Dansk hot chocolate pot, Emile Henry pizza stone, and a Krupps ice cream maker
• New Webber BBQ with automatic igniter
• Croquet set for lawn
• Hammock with metal stand
• "Old Tahoe" wood beam ceilings and lots of windows
• "Trex" deck — durable and no wooden splinters
• South facing for maximum winter sunlight
• Expansive lawns, Aspen trees and natural landscaping
• Quick access to bike path
• Walking distance to Tahoe Area Regional Transit District (TART) bus stop
Make dinner with your friends in the well-equipped "cook's" kitchen and dine "al fresco" on the sunny deck, or venture out to excellent local dining at Sunnyside, West Shore Cafe, or Swiss Lakewood on the West Shore, or in Tahoe City, a few short miles away. In summer, shop at a farmers market on Thursdays in Tahoe City.
Our cabin has historic significance. It housed some of the organizers of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The cross-country (XC) events of the VIII Winter Olympics were held in what is now Ed Z’Berg Sugar Pine Point State Park, just a few miles away on the West Shore. The State Park now has 11 miles of XC ski and snowshoe trails.
We are available by phone, text, and email for the duration of your stay, if you need anything. We are glad to offer recommendations.
Our neighborhood is about 4 miles south of Tahoe City. Blackwood Canyon is across the street from our home and is a nature lover's dream, with hiking, biking, XC skiing and snowmobiling trails. You can get on the Tahoe Rim Trail, a hiking trail with sweeping Tahoe vistas. Blackwood Canyon is one of Tahoe locals' favorite recreation areas.
A bus stop for Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) is at the bottom of the street. During the ski season, Homewood Mountain Resort offers a free dial-a-ride, door-to-door service from our neighborhood to the ski resort.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
The loft space is off-limits and may not be entered or used. Please do not play loud music, create noise that can be heard at the property line or engage in disorderly conduct. Consider how you would want vacation renters to act in your neighborhood at home. And above all "make yourself at home" and enjoy the Great Outdoors.
Suitable for children (5-12 years)
Not suitable for infants (under 5 years)
No parties or events
At least 2 nights minimum stay
We are longtime homeowners at Lake Tahoe and are excited to share our "pride and joy" cabin, as well as our extensive knowledge of the area, with our guests. We want our cabin to be your "home away from home" while you relax in the Great Outdoors. The West Shore, or "The Best Shore" as the locals call it, has so much to offer: hiking, biking, picnicking, sightseeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, XC skiing and snowshoeing, skiing and snowboarding, fine dining and more. We are avid travelers, who enjoy good food, a walk in the woods, and conversations and board games with friends and family at our cabin.
Shannon and Jeff
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 14, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great location and value
We had a wonderfully relaxing break at this charming bungalow. The primary drawback was the lack of snow, which is no comment on the property.
It was a pleasure to host David and his family and hear they enjoyed a relaxing break at our place. We'd welcome therm back anytime.
Jeff & Shannon
Cozy cabin, close to everything
My family with two kids stayed there for few days and we truely enjoyed our stay.
- The hosts are very informative and detailed. It saved us a lot of time and energy.
- we mainly spent our time walking the trails and snowboarding in close by resorts. We avoided all the traffic nightmares which we were very concerned about it.
- the cabin is well equipped. Kitchen has everything you need. They even made sure to have extra coffee in case we run out of it. board games and books.
- there is an inaccessible second floor loft with no door. The kids got scared of the stairs and the spooky roof. It would be great to have a locked door instead.
All in all we had a blast and surely we will try to rent it again when we go up Lake Tahoe.
It was a pleasure to host you and your family, Matt at our West Shore cabin. We're glad to hear you had a blast and would like to return again. We'd love to host you in the future. Jeff & Shannon